Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can you please tell me about the bedding? I am allergic to feather/down and want to make sure the blankets and pillows aren't those materials. Or do I need to request on my reservation that we need hypoallergenic bedding? Thanks!

Has anyone been to POR recently, since the refurb of POFQ food court started? Has it impacted the Riverside Mill? We're due down there in 9 days and are wondering if we should do breakfast early, or maybe just a quick something in the parks.

Has anyone been to POR recently, since the refurb of POFQ food court started? Has it impacted the Riverside Mill? We're due down there in 9 days and are wondering if we should do breakfast early, or maybe just a quick something in the parks.

Recent reports say it has not had an impact as the temporary setup is more than adequate. No real reason for POFQ guests to truck over to POR for food.

Thanks DansDad. That's what I was hoping to hear. We're really looking forward to this trip. We can't wait to relax and enjoy the quiet of POR again.

Recent reports say it has not had an impact as the temporary setup is more than adequate. No real reason for POFQ guests to truck over to POR for food.

Agree. We were there in early Aug during the POFQ refurb and did not have any issues at the POR food court.

I have a question about discounts at this resort. When Disney releases discounts are they typically only for standard rooms, or do they apply to any of the rooms? We were considering a Garden View, but the price is more than I expected. It isn't much more than a Standard, but I heard (somewhere?) that there are more opportunities for discounts on standard view rooms.

I have a question about discounts at this resort. When Disney releases discounts are they typically only for standard rooms, or do they apply to any of the rooms? We were considering a Garden View, but the price is more than I expected. It isn't much more than a Standard, but I heard (somewhere?) that there are more opportunities for discounts on standard view rooms.
I would guess that the opposite is true. That there are less discounts for standard view. Disney doesn't offer discounts for rooms that are filled. And standard view fills up very fast. That being said, discounts are available for standard view rooms. Both my sister and daughter got one. But the most expensive rooms like the Royal rooms seem to get the most discounts. Just ask anyone who tried to get free and and had to settle for a RR. :)

We got a discounted rate on a garden view room as part of the Awakening Summer package offer.

I am hoping for some good discounts for January. I had free dining in a Royal Room, but had to cancel it. The end of September when I saw they have posted discounts in the past can't come soon enough. :worried: I am sure it won't be as good of a deal as the free dining though.

I would guess that the opposite is true. That there are less discounts for standard view. Disney doesn't offer discounts for rooms that are filled. And standard view fills up very fast. That being said, discounts are available for standard view rooms. Both my sister and daughter got one. But the most expensive rooms like the Royal rooms seem to get the most discounts. Just ask anyone who tried to get free and and had to settle for a RR. :)

This has been my experience too. They never have standard rooms when I call to apply my discount. Actually though, the higher priced rooms end up being cheaper than rack rate for the standard.

I would love more info or opinions on the pirate adventures. My girls are 6 and 8 and my son will be freshly 4. I know it's 2 hours long, they get life jackets, "booty," snack. Do they get bathroom breaks? Any info is appreciated!

Ooooooo! If you are doing a "pirate theme" trip, don't forget to check out the Pirates N' Pals Fireworks Cruise (so much fun - we do it *every* trip!) and make sure you go to Pirate's League in MK to get everyone all dressed up in their Pirate-y best! :) And yes - the girls can be made up like "pirate princesses!" :)

Ooooooo! If you are doing a "pirate theme" trip, don't forget to check out the Pirates N' Pals Fireworks Cruise (so much fun - we do it *every* trip!) and make sure you go to Pirate's League in MK to get everyone all dressed up in their Pirate-y best! :) And yes - the girls can be made up like "pirate princesses!" :)

I agree, the Pirates N Pals Fireworks Cruise is awesome! My boys loved it! We would easily do it again!

One week from today we will be at POR!! So excited, first time staying there. Anyone have any input on a good room request: we want ground floor, close to dining. Our reservations are for Garden view, does that mean the Mansions area? Thanks for any help!!

Anyone have any input on a good room request: we want ground floor, close to dining. Our reservations are for Garden view, does that mean the Mansions area? Thanks for any help!!

I'd suggest simply asking for a ground floor room close to dining then, and add mansion building onto that request if that's what you'd prefer (you could otherwise be just as easily in either the Alligator Bayou section or the mansions, there are lots of Garden View rooms in both).

Andre

I'd suggest simply asking for a ground floor room close to dining then, and add mansion building onto that request if that's what you'd prefer (you could otherwise be just as easily in either the Alligator Bayou section or the mansions, there are lots of Garden View rooms in both).

Andre

Thanks so much!!:earsboy:

Our countdown is just about down to single digits and looking forward to two whole weeks at our second home.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful information in this thread. Especially thanks to Andre and his diligence on providing all of us with the most up to date information and his awesome website on POR as well.

Family of 4 taking a RCCL cruise in October. Arriving MCO at 5:00 pm on a Saturday, Cruise ship leaves at 4:30 pm Sunday. Thinking about spending that first night at POR, no time for parks but kids could swim and enjoy the resort. We could use DME from MCO to POR, but what should we use to get to the ship and back to MCO a week later? Cost is a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter