Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi! Just booked Riverside for the first time and have a question! We are staying in a Royal room and looking at the map, those buildings look to be pretty far from the main building. Do you recommend having a car? Or is it easily walkable? I currently have a rental car booked and am trying to decide whether to keep it or not...

Thanks for your help!

We are here now in a RR (they are lovely btw). After staying at CBR in a building that was FAR from he main building I knew that I wanted to be close here to the main pool, dining, store etc. so we booked a RR pool view and we are very happy with the location. The main building is a quick 5 minute walk and it has been wonderful to be so close to the quiet pool for quick dips at night after a hot day in the park. I hope you enjoy POR as much as we are.

Getting to MK: are the buses still faster than driving? If we want to be at rope drop when should we either leave if we're driving or be at a bus stop?

We bus over as early as possible. Then we hang out at CR and sight see. Then we pop over at rope drop by walking.

We are staying at POR over the WDW Marathon weekend. We are running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. We just booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour for Sunday at 8am. Not sure if we are going to keep it or not yet. But either way, I am wondering about the logistics that morning with the full marathon going on. Will it be difficult to get to the MK for 8am that day? We were planning on just taking the earliest bus (usually around 7am right?) that day. Do you think we will have trouble?

Question for you POR experts...
We have a trip planned for sept 8th- 17th staying at POR which we are very excited about! However, my hubby and I did get the surprising yet fabulous news that we are expecting. I'll be about 10-11 weeks so zika is definitely something on our minds ( that we are monitoring closely and feel we are ok to go at this point). My question is this: can anyone tell me how bad the bugs are (specifically mosquitos) at the resort? We're trying to stay in the mansion section because it seems less woodsy but I'm curious about the other surrounding areas. Thanks in advance!

I am a mosquito magnet and I did not get bitten by anything for the 7 days we were there (just got back on Friday night). My daughter gets HUGE welts when bitten by anything, and I didn't notice anything on her, either. Lots of lizards, but honestly did not notice bugs. :-)

We are staying at POR over the WDW Marathon weekend. We are running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. We just booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour for Sunday at 8am. Not sure if we are going to keep it or not yet. But either way, I am wondering about the logistics that morning with the full marathon going on. Will it be difficult to get to the MK for 8am that day? We were planning on just taking the earliest bus (usually around 7am right?) that day. Do you think we will have trouble?
We were at WL that weekend and took the boat to MK. We could see long lines of buses waiting to get to MK. They close half of the road and the traffic has to take turns in each direction. We had no trouble making it to MK on the boat but a whole lot of other people had trouble. I have never seen MK that empty on a Sunday morning before. My suggestion is to avoid the MK area that morning.

Oh, that is GREAT news! :) The buses are my only worry about staying at POR.

Honestly, I think it's all about timing. If you rush to the bus stop expecting to get on a bus RIGHT THAT SECOND because you have ADR's in 30 minutes, then you're setting yourself up for failure. Anyone who gives themselves a little extra time and has any amount of patience shouldn't have any trouble at all. I hope you have a great stay!

Honestly, I think it's all about timing. If you rush to the bus stop expecting to get on a bus RIGHT THAT SECOND because you have ADR's in 30 minutes, then you're setting yourself up for failure. Anyone who gives themselves a little extra time and has any amount of patience shouldn't have any trouble at all. I hope you have a great stay!

Yes, I have 2 young adults who I try to explain this to! I do not mind strolling to bus when we do not have ADRs. But when we have ADRs we need to "move it people"! Just because we have an hr until our ressies does not mean we can admire the scenery!

We were at WL that weekend and took the boat to MK. We could see long lines of buses waiting to get to MK. They close half of the road and the traffic has to take turns in each direction. We had no trouble making it to MK on the boat but a whole lot of other people had trouble. I have never seen MK that empty on a Sunday morning before. My suggestion is to avoid the MK area that morning.

Thanks for the first hand tip! We were thinking about maybe swapping to a MK area Resort but I am not sure it is in the budget!

Can anybody tell me if the newly replaced coffee pots can KCups? I know they switched from the 4 cup filter to a Keurig type coffee pot. and they currently stock the Jeoffrey's pods. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA

Can anybody tell me if the newly replaced coffee pots can KCups? I know they switched from the 4 cup filter to a Keurig type coffee pot. and they currently stock the Jeoffrey's pods. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA
Unless they changed them since we were there in June the coffeemakers use round coffee pods that look like round tea bags. They do not take K-cups.

Right? I was waiting for the boat once and there were people in front of me with under an hour before their ADR. People think that because the boat is close to DS, you don't need much time. Untrue.

Yes, I have 2 young adults who I try to explain this to! I do not mind strolling to bus when we do not have ADRs. But when we have ADRs we need to "move it people"! Just because we have an hr until our ressies does not mean we can admire the scenery!

If you want to stroll, you need 2 hours!

Thanks, we can't wait to get there. We have an 8:15 am at Crystal Palace which I think we're going to Uber and walk from the Contemporary, and then on our late MK night, we'll walk over to the Contemporary and Uber back to POR. Always seems like the longest wait and I'm the most tired on long MK days so I'd rather not wait forever for a bus.

Unless they changed them since we were there in June the coffeemakers use round coffee pods that look like round tea bags. They do not take K-cups.

Yep, this is what we just had there last week. It's a two-cup machine, which was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter