Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know what time we can get coffee/hot chocolate at the Mill in the a.m.? We are taking an Uber at 6:30 p.m. Seems like it used to open for Bakery grab-n-go and drinks at 6 a.m., but I am struggling to find that to confirm.

Does anyone know what time we can get coffee/hot chocolate at the Mill in the a.m.? We are taking an Uber at 6:30 p.m. Seems like it used to open for Bakery grab-n-go and drinks at 6 a.m., but I am struggling to find that to confirm.
While the food court technically opens at 7AM. Coffee and hot chocolate is typically available a bit before then. A 6:30AM Uber though is still going to be too early for anything at the food court.

Looking to book POR for the first time in many years, and I have a few questions :).

First, is the West Depot the first bus stop?
Second, if I have an ECV to use during my trip, will I automatically be put in the Mansions section? I would really rather be in the Bayou if at all possible.
Third, if you were choosing between preferred and woods view, which would you rather have?

Looking to book POR for the first time in many years, and I have a few questions :).

First, is the West Depot the first bus stop?
Second, if I have an ECV to use during my trip, will I automatically be put in the Mansions section? I would really rather be in the Bayou if at all possible.
Third, if you were choosing between preferred and woods view, which would you rather have?
The West Depot is the first bus stop for the park buses. The Disney Springs bus stops at the south depot first.

You can make a request on your reservation to ask for a ground floor room. It's not guaranteed. You can guarantee the bayou section by booking a preferred view or by booking a 5th sleeper room. The preferred view rooms are close to the main building while woods view can be anywhere.

The West Depot is the first bus stop for the park buses. The Disney Springs bus stops at the south depot first.

You can make a request on your reservation to ask for a ground floor room. It's not guaranteed. You can guarantee the bayou section by booking a preferred view or by booking a 5th sleeper room. The preferred view rooms are close to the main building while woods view can be anywhere.

My worry about preferred is that the buses will not have rooms for a scooter by the time it gets to that stop. Not sure if I should book preferred, or book woods and hope the Disney room assigning gods will smile on me.

My worry about preferred is that the buses will not have rooms for a scooter by the time it gets to that stop. Not sure if I should book preferred, or book woods and hope the Disney room assigning gods will smile on me.

In your case, I would book a 5th sleeper room which guarantees AB then add request for "first floor ECV, near West Depot."

Enjoy your stay!

In your case, I would book a 5th sleeper room which guarantees AB then add request for "first floor ECV, near West Depot."

Enjoy your stay!
What is "AB"? We are in a 5th sleeper because we have 5 people... in the past that has gotten us near West Depot... just wasn't sure what AB meant. Thanks. :)

I ended up with a preferred room at Riverside. Now I have an odd question--Does anyone by chance have any pictures of the wheelchair access to the lower floors? Where the walkways and ramps might be? Are they at the ends of the buildings, or the middles, or just wherever they happen to be?

I ended up with a preferred room at Riverside. Now I have an odd question--Does anyone by chance have any pictures of the wheelchair access to the lower floors? Where the walkways and ramps might be? Are they at the ends of the buildings, or the middles, or just wherever they happen to be?
I've seen them at the corners of the buildings. The middle is reserved for stairsteps.

Can someone tell me if they sell oat milk at the store at POR? If not I will plan on a grocery run.

The "woods" area is fine. We booked it the last time and we were right by what seemed to be a jungle, LOL. It was kind of spooky to leave the room and walk along that path. It looked like untamed Florida to me. But we liked the area and were close to the West Depot. It seems like the West depot is no longer a secret, and it was getting crowded when we were there by guests closer to other depots. I don't know what it is like now though. I think preferred would be ok now. We used to stay in that area all the time Before it was designated "preferred".

Does anyone know if the royal guest rooms have the interactive tvs as well?
Andre is correct that the Royal rooms have not been refurbished. Here is a picture of the room we had in Feb 2023. It isn't a good picture but you can see that it has the new Welcome screen.

Attachments

• Royal room TV.jpg
    Royal room TV.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Andre is correct that the Royal rooms have not been refurbished. But they do have the interactive TV's. Here is a picture of the room we had in Feb 2023. It isn't a good picture but you can see that it has the new Welcome screen.
Thank you!

Hi!! For anyone who has had a recent stay at POR...with the FQ pool being closed due to refurb, have you noticed that the Ol' Man Island pool at POR has been busier with guests coming over from FQ?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter