Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with the Murphy beds, how much can a person weigh to sleep on them? Also how do they work? Will they all be done by Food and Wine? My mom was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room at Pop and just trying to see if i need to go moderate this trip.

Even if you're only staying one night, it would be cheaper to buy a travel coffee maker and stay in a value resort! I always take a travel size electric kettle and a french press with me (I like tea as well as coffee) and often I will order a cheap toaster from Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel so I can make myself gluten free toast in the morning (I'm gluten intolerant) rather than paying for breakfast and wasting valuable park time!

We just got back from a 3-hotel split stay (4 nights at All-Star Music, 2 nights at Sapphire Falls @ Universal, 1 night at Pop Century), and now that we've stayed at Pop Century, we will probably never stay at ASMu again. We've stayed at ASMu twice now, Rock Inn last time and Broadway this time, and even though my sisters and I are all young and able-bodied, the walk from Melody Hall to our room has only ever been awful, especially after a full day at the parks. I've heard ASMu is the most spread out of the All-Stars, but neither of the other two All-Stars appeals to us (we aren't sports fans and we'd rather not be last on the bus route).

Sports is actually a lovely resort. If you book preferred and end up in Surfs Up it is all blues and greens, and doesn't feel sporty at all.

Anyone know how long the refurb is projected to take? Also, what are the chances of finished rooms by the end of Feb?

Anyone know how long the refurb is projected to take? Also, what are the chances of finished rooms by the end of Feb?

I think it just started in this month, so the complete reno will take a year I believe was reported. Not sure what they are working on first in terms of rooms.

Can't wait to go home in November, haven't been since 2015 as we stayed at AKL last year due to FD not being available at POP during our time. I felt like I was cheating on POP, lol. I'm not sure how I feel with the new refurbs however, rooms look like they will be a little sterile to me but we will see once they start finishing some and people post pics of them. We will be there Nov 12-18th and celebrating my 40th birthday on the 17th. I'm so excited. :)

For those worried about distance to Everything POP and buses the farthest walk is about 7-8 mins. My husband and I timed it a couple of times from different areas just to see because I keep wanting to book preferred but it really isn't worth it.

Can't wait to go home in November, haven't been since 2015 as we stayed at AKL last year due to FD not being available at POP during our time. I felt like I was cheating on POP, lol. I'm not sure how I feel with the new refurbs however, rooms look like they will be a little sterile to me but we will see once they start finishing some and people post pics of them. We will be there Nov 12-18th and celebrating my 40th birthday on the 17th. I'm so excited. :)

For those worried about distance to Everything POP and buses the farthest walk is about 7-8 mins. My husband and I timed it a couple of times from different areas just to see because I keep wanting to book preferred but it really isn't worth it.

Preferred is absolutely not worth it, I totally agree with you. When we were at Pop, we booked a room facing Hourglass Lake so that my partner would be closer to the designated smoking areas. So it basically took all of 90 seconds maybe to get from our room to where the preferred rooms were on the other side of the building? Plus where our room was was a lot quieter than facing the pool? It was awesome. The only long walk at Pop at all is if you decide you're going to eat at AoA and you walk across the bridge to the other resort. Otherwise everything is so conveniently close together.

Last edited:
Just switched from Sports to Pop! for March 15th to 19th! I'm excited--I like the theming of Pop better than Sports, and am hoping to be away from the Americheer competition that weekend. :) What are the closest rooms to the bus stop? And might paying for preferred be worth it with the renovations?

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know where I can find pics of the refurb? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Jay

Anyone have a screen shot of the check in room request screen?

**************.net does a good job keeping the online request choices up to date. In this post (http://**************.net/2013/05/29/review-disneys-pop-century-resort-2/) he has this screen shot:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg

**************.net does a good job keeping the online request choices up to date. In this post (http://**************.net/2013/05/29/review-disneys-pop-century-resort-2/) he has this screen shot:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg
Thank you! Never knew they had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter