Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would people here say the preferred rooms are worth the little bit of extra cost? My wife and I plan on doing a cheaper stay for our next Disney trip since we went all out for our honeymoon last year. We are young and spry :) so it's not like we wouldn't be able to do a long walk to our room if we had to. However, we are people who are at the parks every day from opening to closing always on our feet. By the end of the night we just want to get to the room as quickly as possible. Are the preferred rooms actually that much closer and worth it?

Does Pop bring you your departure ME paper to your room or do you need to go to the desk and get it?

Reason I'm asking is because when I stayed at Sports in August with dh they never gave us one and we had to go to the lobby to get it.

Would people here say the preferred rooms are worth the little bit of extra cost? My wife and I plan on doing a cheaper stay for our next Disney trip since we went all out for our honeymoon last year. We are young and spry so it's not like we wouldn't be able to do a long walk to our room if we had to. However, we are people who are at the parks every day from opening to closing always on our feet. By the end of the night we just want to get to the room as quickly as possible. Are the preferred rooms actually that much closer and worth it?

If standard rooms are available for your dates, no, I don't think paying for any preferred room location is worth it. I find Pop to be compact enough where the walks are manageable, plus if you request a room in the 50's (buildings 1 or 3) or 70's (buildings 6 or 10) you will be conveniently close to food and transportation.

Does Pop bring you your departure ME paper to your room or do you need to go to the desk and get it?

Reason I'm asking is because when I stayed at Sports in August with dh they never gave us one and we had to go to the lobby to get it.

In general at any of the resorts, including Pop, I'd expect your Magical Express paperwork to be delivered to your room, usually hanging in an envelope on the outside door handle.

Would people here say the preferred rooms are worth the little bit of extra cost? My wife and I plan on doing a cheaper stay for our next Disney trip since we went all out for our honeymoon last year. We are young and spry :) so it's not like we wouldn't be able to do a long walk to our room if we had to. However, we are people who are at the parks every day from opening to closing always on our feet. By the end of the night we just want to get to the room as quickly as possible. Are the preferred rooms actually that much closer and worth it?

I always pay the extra for preferred because we like to be closer to the bus stop at the end of a long day of park touring, and because we like to be closer to Everything Pop to be able to fill our mugs multiple times.

We've always had it delivered to our room the night before check out, at every resort we've stayed at (POP, AKL, BWI, ASMo).

I booked a preferred room last September, didn't make any requests for location because I thought it wouldn't be needed for a preferred room. Well, I was ALL the way at the end of building 4, near the lake. I was actually further away from Everything POP and the buses than when I just book a standard room and request near transportation.

Best room to stay in is by the main pool. On the right side. I think its the playdough one. On the fourth floor with lake view. Best at night since you can see all the fireworks. But yet still semi close to everything else. Oh and really convenient if you take the shuttle from AoA.

Best room to stay in is by the main pool. On the right side. I think its the playdough one. On the fourth floor with lake view. Best at night since you can see all the fireworks. But yet still semi close to everything else. Oh and really convenient if you take the shuttle from AoA.

Which fireworks can you see from there? We'll be there in May/June, and the days end up too long if we stay in any of the parks to watch them. It would be a nice compromise to see them from the hotel. :)

Which fireworks can you see from there? We'll be there in May/June, and the days end up too long if we stay in any of the parks to watch them. It would be a nice compromise to see them from the hotel. :)

It's the fireworks at Hollywood Studios that are right nearby and very enjoyable to see from Pop Century. Best view is to head over near the Generation Gap bridge.

Like @jcarwash said, on the Generation Gap bridge there are a couple of great spots to see the fireworks, then you're a few steps from your room not a few steps, a bus line, etc. :) One spot we liked last year was almost all the way to AoA, a little before it widens on your right side. Too far and there's some obstruction but it's easy to figure out. We did this on all of our non-park nights and the kids were amped!

We've stayed at Pop many times, and the rooms closest to the bus stops are the 80s/90s, if you walk across the parking lot. We've stayed in that section lots of times.

Now with the Murphy beds, how much can a person weigh to sleep on them? Also how do they work? Will they all be done by Food and Wine? My mom was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room at Pop and just trying to see if i need to go moderate this trip.

Definitely thought it was worth it for Pop, to save tired feet at the end of the night, quick walk to bus in the morning, and nice to be close to refill mugs. At CSR, we stay in Cabanas and don't need it, but glad we had it here, as it is spread out. We requested 60's building 5, thanks to helpful info on here, and it was great! We were at the end closest to food court(near yo-yo on map)next to Hippy Dippy Pool, and loved it. Building 4 is right across and also good. There is a map that shows preferred rooms, I think on pg. 132, do you can see the location, and request where you like. For about $15 extra, was worth it to us.

Now with the Murphy beds, how much can a person weigh to sleep on them?

Since no refurbished rooms are in the active inventory yet, nobody knows any details yet. We can't even be sure the pictures posted of the new rooms will actually be how they are or if those were of a possible room configuration.

Also how do they work?

We don't know yet.

Will they all be done by Food and Wine? My mom was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room at Pop and just trying to see if i need to go moderate this trip.

Same as above, we don't know yet.

Is there a place in the food court where we can fill some sports bottles with water?

I don't want to have to spend $16 for a case of water and am trying to figure out how to have water in the room (that's not tap water).

I know we will get refillable mugs, but they don't look very big (and I'm sure my kids will want to fill those with the "good stuff"!)

Is there a place in the food court where we can fill some sports bottles with water?

I don't want to have to spend $16 for a case of water and am trying to figure out how to have water in the room (that's not tap water).

I know we will get refillable mugs, but they don't look very big (and I'm sure my kids will want to fill those with the "good stuff"!)

You can get water at the same area as you get soda and coffee, there are some dispensers just for water / don't need to read a chip for those. We constantly refilled our water bottles at night and stuck them in the fridge. I've not gotten a dining plan, so no refillable mugs ( :( ) but I know I've read in the past they're less convenient at the park (and uh, not refillable there anyway) for strollers/cupholders, as they don't fit so well.
hope that helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter