Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just changed our honeymoon from AKL to The Poly...this will be our first time staying here and we cannot wait!

One question: From all the research I've done it appears that standard rooms only have two queens. Is this correct? Are there no standard view rooms with a king?

All rooms (not including suites) have two queens and a day bed or a king and a day bed. You can see more about the rooms here.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/planning/item/59-rooms-and-rates

We have an upcoming stay in a standard view dvc studio. What sort of room request should I make?
The dvc rooms all have a balcony or patio which is nice. I would request Tokelau (see Map) because of its great central location. I stayed there prior to dvc and loved it. Also a great view of fireworks from staircase on the end too!

Attachments

• pvb-062515.pdf
    149.6 KB · Views: 26
Okay, so looking at @Tikiman 's website, it looks like there are daybeds in every room? We requested Fiji, and I see that it's possible to get a king, which would be great if we could get that. Our daughter is 2, and I did request bed rails. So because I put that request in, are our chances of getting a king bed kind of shot since we need bed rails? I ask, since there is a picture of rails on a day bed, which I didn't realize were in each room, and would work out so much better to put her on, rather than an entire queen bed to herself (the way she moves .. I won't sleep worrying about her lol). We are, however, bringing her pack and play (just in case - plus we are driving, and plan on stopping at a hotel on the way home to break up the long drive).. so should I just keep the bed rails, and maybe call in and request a king, or just leave it to the luck of the draw? I'm already crossing fingers on Fiji since hubby wants Marina view (which should also be noted in our reservation).

Okay, so looking at @Tikiman 's website, it looks like there are daybeds in every room? We requested Fiji, and I see that it's possible to get a king, which would be great if we could get that. Our daughter is 2, and I did request bed rails. So because I put that request in, are our chances of getting a king bed kind of shot since we need bed rails? I ask, since there is a picture of rails on a day bed, which I didn't realize were in each room, and would work out so much better to put her on, rather than an entire queen bed to herself (the way she moves .. I won't sleep worrying about her lol). We are, however, bringing her pack and play (just in case - plus we are driving, and plan on stopping at a hotel on the way home to break up the long drive).. so should I just keep the bed rails, and maybe call in and request a king, or just leave it to the luck of the draw? I'm already crossing fingers on Fiji since hubby wants Marina view (which should also be noted in our reservation).

The picture of the bed rails was just to show them on the day bed. They do not come in the room. You need to request them. Getting a king bed room is just by request and not guaranteed. If your husband wants Marina View in Fiji you can request that but again no guarantees you will get that but all king bed rooms in Fiji face away from the marina so you can’t request both.

The picture of the bed rails was just to show them on the day bed. They do not come in the room. You need to request them. Getting a king bed room is just by request and not guaranteed. If your husband wants Marina View in Fiji you can request that but again no guarantees you will get that but all king bed rooms in Fiji face away from the marina so you can’t request both.

I did request bed rails, so she would actually have a mattress to sleep on. But it's good to know they can actually go on the day bed. :) I did request Marina view, so I will give up the king bed request lol. Thank you!!

All this talk about the Monorail on a extended closure... Man all the times I have came to Disneyworld and stayed in a non-monorail resort and dreamed of staying in a monorail resort...
Now I finally am staying at the poly and the Monorail is not running all the time... BUMMER I am so angry....:furious:>:( and sad:(:guilty::sad1:

I did request bed rails, so she would actually have a mattress to sleep on. But it's good to know they can actually go on the day bed. :) I did request Marina view, so I will give up the king bed request lol. Thank you!!

I'm not sure if the system your request gets entered into will understand Marina view as a location. The system usually recognizes north, south, east or west in the code that is entered for the room location. That is how the Touring plan code works. It identifies the code for the floor, room and location on the longhouse that is being requested. It often has no idea what the view is of other than it is a standard view category.

I'm not sure if the system your request gets entered into will understand Marina view as a location. The system usually recognizes north, south, east or west in the code that is entered for the room location. That is how the Touring plan code works. It identifies the code for the floor, room and location on the longhouse that is being requested. It often has no idea what the view is of other than it is a standard view category.

Even if the request was made over the phone? I do plan on seeing where we end up when we check in, and possibly asking for a room that faces the marina, if there are any availabilities.

Even if the request was made over the phone? I do plan on seeing where we end up when we check in, and possibly asking for a room that faces the marina, if there are any availabilities.

When you call the resort number you are calling a call center and not the resort. Often people there have no idea what rooms have a view of the marina but they will not it on the reservation. Once the request gets to the resort it will be entered in the system to assign rooms. I hardly ever do a request because they can be hit or miss. I rather keep my request simple like just a longhouse and floor or just wait until I check in and see what is available. Knowing what areas you like is the key so when you get there you are educated and know if what is available is what you may want.

After my first stay in 1996 I walked the whole resort to figure out what areas I would like to stay in because there was no information out there about the view categories.

When you call the resort number you are calling a call center and not the resort. Often people there have no idea what rooms have a view of the marina but they will not it on the reservation. Once the request gets to the resort it will be entered in the system to assign rooms. I hardly ever do a request because they can be hit or miss. I rather keep my request simple like just a longhouse and floor or just wait until I check in and see what is available. Knowing what areas you like is the key so when you get there you are educated and know if what is available is what you may want.

After my first stay in 1996 I walked the whole resort to figure out what areas I would like to stay in because there was no information out there about the view categories.

I did put in for 3rd floor Fiji when I did the online check in. :) Thank you so much for all of your information.. it's really, really helpful!

I did put in for 3rd floor Fiji when I did the online check in. :) Thank you so much for all of your information.. it's really, really helpful!

That should be a good request. Keep a second one in mind if Fiji is not available for your dates.

What does the view look like from the ambassador suite at Tonga? There are only two floors right? Does the 2nd have a balcony?

What does the view look like from the ambassador suite at Tonga? There are only two floors right? Does the 2nd have a balcony?

Both Ambassador suites look toward a garden area. The first floor one has like a little back yard and the second floor one has a large balcony. You can see photos I took from the balcony in the album at the bottom of this page.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

Tikiman...love your website!! I can't decide between Fiji and Samoa. Both sound incredible but do you (or anyone else!) have a preference? It's our first stay at the Poly.

Tikiman...love your website!! I can't decide between Fiji and Samoa. Both sound incredible but do you (or anyone else!) have a preference? It's our first stay at the Poly.

I think both have some of the best standard views but for me personally I prefer Samoa or even Niue for the view and location. When I stayed over on the other side of the marina I really got tired of walking around the marina to get to the pool or boat and it was a longer walk to the TTC. With that said we are not talking about a long walk (minute or two) but when I have been in Samoa I got to both pools in seconds, over to Captain Cook’s in less than a minute and to the bus stop and TTC very fast. Also if it was raining very hard I could get to and from the Great Ceremonial House and stay dry by walking from the GCH to Rarotonga and then through Niue and across to Samoa.

That is my preference but some say that Fiji is their favorite.

For the Washers in the Laundry rooms,
How much laundry can you wash in one load? Also do they use regular liquid detergent (tide, etc.). If so, how much do you need for one load?

I didn't ask the question tikiman but thanks! If aotearoa is being worked on, I'm going with your suggestion. My son loves the monorail hence aotearoa as first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter