Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Poly experts! We are staying for 8 nights at the Poly in August. This will be our second stay at the Poly. We usually do the Grand Floridian, but since all of the construction is finished, we want to experience the Poly again.

We'll be traveling with a 6 year old and our baby, who will be 19 months at the time. My question is this- how loud are the standard rooms closer to Luau cove? I've been pouring through Tikiman, and it seems like there are some nice locations/standard views in the longhouses near the luau cove. Has anyone been bothered by the luau? I'm not sure what time the baby will go to bed exactly... 8pm ish? I'll be bringing her sound machine.

We stayed in Rarotonga last trip, and may request that again. Opinions welcome!

Thanks!

Apologies... I'm sure this has been asked before. I don't have time to pour through this entire thread right now, but I'm going to try!

Hi All,
We have been staying at BC our last 3 or 4 trips and we are debating something new. Poly was always my dream, but torn because I do LOVE BC a lot! So lots of questions!
Anyway, which longhouse would you request if you want to be close to GCH and have a standard view? We are planning very end of August/beginning of Sept, are we crazy for giving up BC for Poly with F&W going on?
We have a 3 year old and 12 year old, and my parents and sister. With that I would imagine bulk of our time will be at MK bc my 3 yr old loved it last year. How much walking is it at the poly to get to GCH, transportation?
If I did an Amazon grocery order will it be delivered to my room?
Is it hard to get connecting rooms?
Are the paths really dark at night?
Thanks, tell me I am making a good choice by trying the Poly, I am creature of habit and do enjoy BC a lot!

1. Longhouse, I'd probably go for Rarotonga or Aotearoa.

2. The walking isn't at all bad from the Standard Rooms.

3. Amazon Grocery I believe you will pick up at Bell Services. Not delivered to room.

4. Connecting rooms are in every longhouse. It really depends on the lay of the land on your check-in date, which is impossible to predict. If you want connecting rooms above all else, make it your only request. If you try to layer things (I want connecting rooms, in Samoa, third floor) you make it difficult to fulfill your requests.

5. The paths are lit at night. It's pretty.

Hello all! We'll be staying at the POLY for our first time over the Christmas holiday, December 24-January 1st. Anyone have recommendations for what not to miss at the POLY during that time? Would you do Christmas dinner at the resort or at one of the parks?

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay. I can't answer as to any special things going on as we've never been over Christmas Day, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! Disney is great any time of year, but especially so around the holidays :wizard:.

Hi Poly experts! We are staying for 8 nights at the Poly in August. This will be our second stay at the Poly. We usually do the Grand Floridian, but since all of the construction is finished, we want to experience the Poly again.

We'll be traveling with a 6 year old and our baby, who will be 19 months at the time. My question is this- how loud are the standard rooms closer to Luau cove? I've been pouring through Tikiman, and it seems like there are some nice locations/standard views in the longhouses near the luau cove. Has anyone been bothered by the luau? I'm not sure what time the baby will go to bed exactly... 8pm ish? I'll be bringing her sound machine.

We stayed in Rarotonga last trip, and may request that again. Opinions welcome!

Thanks!

Apologies... I'm sure this has been asked before. I don't have time to pour through this entire thread right now, but I'm going to try!

We haven't stayed near luau cove so I can't give any opinion on noise, but hopefully others will be able to give some insight. Hope you have a great return trip to the Poly :).

Hi All,
We have been staying at BC our last 3 or 4 trips and we are debating something new. Poly was always my dream, but torn because I do LOVE BC a lot! So lots of questions!
Anyway, which longhouse would you request if you want to be close to GCH and have a standard view? We are planning very end of August/beginning of Sept, are we crazy for giving up BC for Poly with F&W going on?
We have a 3 year old and 12 year old, and my parents and sister. With that I would imagine bulk of our time will be at MK bc my 3 yr old loved it last year. How much walking is it at the poly to get to GCH, transportation?
If I did an Amazon grocery order will it be delivered to my room?
Is it hard to get connecting rooms?
Are the paths really dark at night?
Thanks, tell me I am making a good choice by trying the Poly, I am creature of habit and do enjoy BC a lot!

We stayed in Samoa and loved it as it's just steps from the GCH, both pools, Captain Cooks, and the beach. With that said, though, the Poly isn't as spread out as it seems. Some long houses are closer to the main areas than others, but none are very far away. The Poly is also convenient for going to Epcot as it's a quick 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the monorail. The pathways around the Poly aren't that dark as they are lit by tiki torches, which is very pretty. Since you've stayed at the BC a few times, I think the Poly is worth a try for something new :goodvibes.

We're finally confirmed for a Standard DVC Studio Villa at the Poly for December! For people who own or have rented DVC at the Poly before, what are some good suggestions for room requests? The only thing I have right now are we'd like a third floor room...

We're finally confirmed for a Standard DVC Studio Villa at the Poly for December! For people who own or have rented DVC at the Poly before, what are some good suggestions for room requests? The only thing I have right now are we'd like a third floor room...
If you have a Touring Plans subscription you can request a specific room, which I would suggest Tokelau 3914. It's at the north end of the building and you have a good view GF and the castle. A water/theme park view without paying for one!

If you have a Touring Plans subscription you can request a specific room, which I would suggest Tokelau 3914. It's at the north end of the building and you have a good view GF and the castle. A water/theme park view without paying for one!
I do have a touring plans subscription, but I thought I read if you are renting points you can't do a room request through touring plans. Does it not matter?

hey guys!

Is there still music piped in along the walkways, even during the evening? :) I think I remember that from many years ago...

What room should I request if booked for a standard club level?

By standard I'm assuming you mean a "Garden View" CL room. All of these rooms are in the Hawaii building and face south towards the Oasis Pool. They all have roughly the same view.

Most folks will make the floor their main priority. Third floor rooms have a balcony, second floor rooms do not, first floor rooms have a patio. My strong preference is third floor for the balcony or alternatively first floor. I don't really make any other requests because to me that is the most important thing.

The Hawaii building isn't too big so even the furtherst room from the lounge isn't that far away.

Hope that helps.

By standard I'm assuming you mean a "Garden View" CL room. All of these rooms are in the Hawaii building and face south towards the Oasis Pool. They all have roughly the same view.

Most folks will make the floor their main priority. Third floor rooms have a balcony, second floor rooms do not, first floor rooms have a patio. My strong preference is third floor for the balcony or alternatively first floor.

The Hawaii building isn't too big so even the furtherst room from the lounge isn't far away.

Hope that helps.
Thank you SO much!

Thank you SO much!

I should probably add, the only room I wouldn't really want on the garden view side are the ones on each floor right next to the elevator. That's near a service entrance on the ground, trees, and you're looiking more at the side of another longhouse than the Oasis Pool. I'd still focus on the floor as your main/only request though.

I do have a touring plans subscription, but I thought I read if you are renting points you can't do a room request through touring plans. Does it not matter?

You're correct, when renting dvc you'll need to go through the member (or company you rented from) and have them put in the request. Also, I'm not 100% on this, but I was told to not make any requests on the online check in. Was told that will override whatever you have requested.

Lastly, Tokelau is a good building request :)

Hello! Was wondering if anyone has been able to book a bounce back offer recently from the Poly? Hoping we can for our BC Sept. trip :)

hey guys!

Is there still music piped in along the walkways, even during the evening? :) I think I remember that from many years ago...

The walkway along the beach does have the music during Wishes. It is very low to hear in certain areas.

If you are asking about Hawaiian music- yes, there was always music playing in the evenings when we walked around. Great atmosphere!

You're correct, when renting dvc you'll need to go through the member (or company you rented from) and have them put in the request. Also, I'm not 100% on this, but I was told to not make any requests on the online check in. Was told that will override whatever you have
Lastly, Tokelau is a good building request :)
Thanks!! We asked the owner to request that building, third floor. I'm assuming if I make the same request at online check in it would be OK?

Just wanted to share a great experience we had at the Poly yesterday. My husband and I are currently in Orlando for a non-Disney visit but wanted to look at some properties before booking our May 2018 stay with the whole family. We parked at the Poly and went into the lobby and asked the CM at the CL desk if it would be OK to walk the grounds and look at the buildings as we are considering 3 rooms for next year's reservation. She was so helpful and offered to show us the CL in Hawaii and also showed us a ground floor SV room. It was great to be able to see in person the view from each side of the building as well as proximity to the pools, etc. She gave us a property map and encouraged us to walk the grounds. We had a nice relaxing glass of wine outdoors at Trader Sam's Tiki Bar before getting on our way. The resort definitely left a great first impression.

Is it normal to have several ducks swimming in the Oasis pool? While doing a tour of the Poly grounds yesterday we noticed 5-6 ducks swimming in the pool each time we walked by. While cute, it's not real appealing with small children. Just wondered if this was a fluke? I haven't seen ducks in any other Florida resort pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter