Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in tomorrow for our first stay in a DVC room. We rented points. Kids are so excited. I'm remarkably calm. At this stage I'm going usually running through my checklist and hoping to go to bed by 11. I'm ready for bed now and sort of just assume I'm forgetting something.

Can't wait to get my hands on some dole whip!!

We're staying in a DVC studio in 8 days (yay!). It's our first DisneyWorld trip, and my biggest worry is allowing sufficient transportation time.

Moderate to low crowds during our stay - what should we assume for time to each of the parks? We're not early risers, so only planning one RD (HS for JTA).

Aloha!
DH and I will be arriving for our first stay at the Poly in May, celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. This will be our FIRST vacation w/o the kids (crazy, I know). We have been lucky enough to vacation at WDW many times and always stayed at WL. No kids this time so trying something new. Our honeymoon was in Hawaii so that is why we chose the Poly!! Never been to the Poly at all before except one quick look around the lobby many years ago.

We booked a standard garden view room and now we are stumped. We've researched longs houses, looked at the room views on touring plans a million times and we are still stumped as to what kind of room request to add to our reservation. The only thing we do know for sure is we would like 3 floor so we can have a balcony. Any other suggestions/tips would be wonderful! We kinda wouldn't mind a quieter spot.

Thanks so much! This is a fabulous thread!

:)

The only thing we do know for sure is we would like 3 floor so we can have a balcony.

You could just make that your request and roll the dice. There really aren't bad views for third floor Standard rooms at Poly. If I were interested in quiet, I'd request third floor Fiji.

Looking for preferences. Do most prefer higher floor with balcony or main floor with patio? We'll be there with our kids (1,5&7). We rented dvc points so I'd like to request through the company we rented with, but I wasn't sure which to go with!

I prefer higher floor with balcony, but that's just me :).

Checking in tomorrow for our first stay in a DVC room. We rented points. Kids are so excited. I'm remarkably calm. At this stage I'm going usually running through my checklist and hoping to go to bed by 11. I'm ready for bed now and sort of just assume I'm forgetting something.

Can't wait to get my hands on some dole whip!!

Have a great time! :yay:

We're staying in a DVC studio in 8 days (yay!). It's our first DisneyWorld trip, and my biggest worry is allowing sufficient transportation time.

Moderate to low crowds during our stay - what should we assume for time to each of the parks? We're not early risers, so only planning one RD (HS for JTA).

How exciting for your first trip! The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Getting to MK will be quick as it's just 2 monorail stops from the Poly. Epcot also shouldn't be too bad time wise as you can walk to the TTC (which is only about a 5-7 walk) to catch the Epcot monorail without having to take the monorail all the way around and transfer at the TTC. Getting to AK and DHS will probably be the longest. I'm not sure what resorts share with the Poly buses, but I would allow at least a half hour (maybe closer to 45 min), give or take as you might have other stops before heading to the park. Sometimes you walk up to the buses and board/leave right away, but other times there is a wait. Have a great time :wizard:.

Aloha!
DH and I will be arriving for our first stay at the Poly in May, celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. This will be our FIRST vacation w/o the kids (crazy, I know). We have been lucky enough to vacation at WDW many times and always stayed at WL. No kids this time so trying something new. Our honeymoon was in Hawaii so that is why we chose the Poly!! Never been to the Poly at all before except one quick look around the lobby many years ago.

We booked a standard garden view room and now we are stumped. We've researched longs houses, looked at the room views on touring plans a million times and we are still stumped as to what kind of room request to add to our reservation. The only thing we do know for sure is we would like 3 floor so we can have a balcony. Any other suggestions/tips would be wonderful! We kinda wouldn't mind a quieter spot.

Thanks so much! This is a fabulous thread!

:)

The Poly is a beautiful, relaxing resort and I'm sure you're going to love it! The WL was our favorite until we stayed at the Poly. We do still love the WL, but the Poly is just amazing (IMO). As far as longhouses, our favorite is Samoa but if you want quiet, I agree with the pp that Figi would probably be the best option. We've never stayed in Figi, but the views are beautiful and most everyone who stays in there says it's pretty quiet ;).

Are many of the standard dvc rooms connected? Our separate point rentals are noted as traveling together, but I'm wondering what the odds are of us having a connecting room with my mom. Is there a building that has more than another? Thx!

Are many of the standard dvc rooms connected? Our separate point rentals are noted as traveling together, but I'm wondering what the odds are of us having a connecting room with my mom. Is there a building that has more than another? Thx!
Almost every studio connects to another. Literally only a handful (I really want to say 2, but it may be more, but still single-digits) don't.

I would request a studio in Pago Pago or Moorea so you can easily walk to the TTC. It only takes five minute at a leisurely pace. From there, you can get the monorail or ferry to MK and the monorail to EPCOT. It took us less than half an hour to get to MK and less than 45 to get to EPCOT during the holidays.
The bus stop is also down the end with the DVC studios, by the parking lot. If you are driving that is another bonus. The buses stop at GF after Poly. We only took a bus to Disney Springs and, mostly because of traffic, it took about 45 minutes. We had a PPO at AK and took Uber there. Took us 15 minutes. Have fun! I really enjoyed the Poly studios!

Adding: If you plan on doing some wash during your stay, the DVC laundry is in Moorea.

Last edited:
This week's Saturday Stroll video takes you all around Disney's Polynesian Village Resort! Stopping by since I figured you all would enjoy it.

Hope you're having a great Saturday! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing :flower3:.

We are set to arrive in one week. Up until this morning we had reservations at AKL SV, but a CL garden view opened up at the Poly with the military rate, so we switched. We are SO excited, except now I have to scramble to make some ADR changes. Totally worth it!!!

We love AKL, but the Poly is just amazing....you're going to love it! Have a great trip :yay:.

Almost every studio connects to another. Literally only a handful (I really want to say 2, but it may be more, but still single-digits) don't.
Perfect. Here's hoping they put us next to each other! Is it more likely to happen if I call the resort a few days ahead? We always faxed POR, but have never stayed anywhere else. Better to not request anything online check in?

Perfect. Here's hoping they put us next to each other! Is it more likely to happen if I call the resort a few days ahead? We always faxed POR, but have never stayed anywhere else. Better to not request anything online check in?
There really isn't a way to call the resort directly.

I would make "connecting" your only request, and have your point rentals put that in as a request as well with MS. I don't think Disney will take a phone call from you on a point rental with a request.

I would make "connecting" your only request, and have your point rentals put that in as a request as well with MS. I don't think Disney will take a phone call from you on a point rental with a request.
I'm hoping to get connecting rooms also for my late Feb stay. The only way I see requesting this is from TP Fax. Through Disney's room request I only see the floor option. Am I missing somewhere else i can request it.

Len did say if you want connecting rooms, mention that you will have most if not all kids in one room and the adults in another.

Uh oh, now two of my sisters and my brother are meeting us later in our trip and staying at the Polynesian. All of us haven't been to the Polynesian since the early 80's!

Look out! If you see/hear a group of adults laughing loudly at Trader Sams, it may be us!

So excited!!!

Uh oh, now two of my sisters and my brother are meeting us later in our trip and staying at the Polynesian. All of us haven't been to the Polynesian since the early 80's!

Look out! If you see/hear a group of adults laughing loudly at Trader Sams, it may be us!

So excited!!!

Sounds like a great trip. Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

So excited!!!
I was at the Poly in 1972 with my mom and two sisters, now iam going to be back with my husband and good friends in a bungalow.

We decided not to wait until August to travel! We will be staying at the Poly for the first time May 12th-16th. I am excited for our first stay there as well as going to Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival for the first time. I will be traveling with my 8 year old son and my mother. We will be there for Mother's Day and I haven't told my Mom yet. I can't wait to surprise her!

Are you sure about that? On our last trip this past December, we were staying at the Boardwalk and we got our room assignment before we even left home (late flight out). I was concerned about the location and called to see if I could get it changed. While at first, we were connected to the general offsite number, the cast member was able to direct us to the front desk and they were able to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter