Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that's good to know. Just so that I have it straight...dining reservations, cabana rentals, specialty cruises...anything "extra" can be reserved at 180 days out. I just learned about Poly cabanas so is there anything else special I'm missing that I might want to take advantage of? How many cabanas are available? In the picture it appears there are only 3.

I'm not sure how many cabanas there are at the Oasis pool. We just really wanted it to have some space reserved for the 4th of July as the last time we were down there it was super crowded by the pool (understandably) and we would've really appreciated some shady space! It is worth it to us to reserve this space for the day.

It's just three. BTW, "cabana" is not really the word I'd use to describe these. They aren't cabanas in the traditional sense like what you see at GF and CR with curtain walls, some semblance of privacy, maybe some storage, etc. It's pretty much just the roof and chairs/table.

Like I said above, we just wanted the space. We loved the old cabanas that they had there and we have used the ones at GF as well. We are staying CL so we just figure we will stock it ourselves with treats from the lounge and from our room! :-)

Like I said above, we just wanted the space. We loved the old cabanas that they had there and we have used the ones at GF as well. We are staying CL so we just figure we will stock it ourselves with treats from the lounge and from our room! :-)

I like that kind of thinking! :-) I haven't booked yet but am thinking about going for July 4th as well (CL also). Either July 4th or New Years has been on our Poly list for awhile now!

I like that kind of thinking! :-) I haven't booked yet but am thinking about going for July 4th as well (CL also). Either July 4th or New Years has been on our Poly list for awhile now!

We've done both the 4th of July and NYE at Poly - LOVE IT! By far it is our favorite resort because I just feel at home there... Can't wait to be back this summer! We have taken a break from CL for a bit so I can't wait to indulge in that too. :-)

We've done both the 4th of July and NYE at Poly - LOVE IT! By far it is our favorite resort because I just feel at home there... Can't wait to be back this summer! We have taken a break from CL for a bit so I can't wait to indulge in that too. :-)

Don't tempt me on 7/4! DS's birthday is a few days before that so I have double reasons to go around that time.

I've been trying to spend more time at other resorts but I'm with you, Poly keeps pulling me back. Will be there mid Feb for President's Days weekend and I cannot wait.

Can't remember if I've seen you on the CL thread as well but there were some recent reports of significant Poly CL food upgrades. I'm very interested in seeing this for myself as Poly has always been among the weakest of the CLs in the food department, at least in my travels.

Just read on the boards that Captain Cooks has big crowds in the mornings (I assume it's mornings) with visitors coming to eat Tonga Toast? Is that true? Just wondering so we can avoid it on mornings we are in a hurry.

thanks!

If you can get there early- before 8am- maybe more like 7:30. It should not be bad- I think it took them less than 10 minutes to prepare 2 breakfast sandwiches. Right around 8 or so, the line did get long. It is tight in there though when it is crowded.

I feel like I should know this, but I don't! When the resort monorail doesn't start running until 8:30am (with MK opening on 9am), how does one get to the park by 8:30am? I didn't think the boat runs early enough. Is your best bet to walk over to TTC and take the ferry?

When we wanted to rope drop Epcot the two days we were going to that park- honestly, we just jumped in a cab. We did not want to wait for the monorail since we were going directly to TT.
We saw other families sharing cabs too.

When we took uber to Universal- I asked the driver if he was allowed to drop off at the CR. He said yes, usually or right before the guard booth. From there, you can walk to MK.

I feel like I should know this, but I don't! When the resort monorail doesn't start running until 8:30am (with MK opening on 9am), how does one get to the park by 8:30am? I didn't think the boat runs early enough. Is your best bet to walk over to TTC and take the ferry?

Excellent question. I've stayed at Poly and done this enough I feel like I should know it too but I don't. I just Googled "MK resort boat times" and several of the sites that popped up (which are well known and respected sites) all have confliciting info about boat and ferry times!

My personal MK transportation philosophy when staying at Poly is 1) monorail, 2) Poly resort launch, 3) TTC ferry. I adjust as needed based on time of day. I "feel" like the Poly resort launch and TTC ferry (especially) have always been running very early (like, ADR early) and have always been the good monorail alternative.

Didn't really answer your question I know, but hope that helps.

Also, make sure to read up on the new MK welcome show/rope drop procedures that started last week. Very different early morning experience at MK now.

Is there shade at either Poly pool in the afternoons in May if we aren't able to get an umbrella or cabana?

We reserved ours for July 4th already - I believe that it is 180 days.
I was curious and asked about these when I called at 180 days out from July 4th and was told all three cabanas were booked for that day. The CM told me they could have been booked at 180 +10, the same as dining ADRs.

I suspect it's not quite as dog-eat-dog at 180+ for the cabanas on not-July 3-4. Could be wrong. I have no data.

Is there shade at either Poly pool in the afternoons in May if we aren't able to get an umbrella or cabana?

I've been looking at U-Tube of the pools and the Lava pool seems to have lots of umbrellas and not as many at the Oasis. I know that isn't a lot of help and maybe someone with recent pictures will pop in with some soon!

I somehow missed my drop into double digits to our return to Disney...we will be back in the World in 88 days! :banana:

Happy Friday and Disney planning!

Liz

I've been looking at U-Tube of the pools and the Lava pool seems to have lots of umbrellas and not as many at the Oasis. I know that isn't a lot of help and maybe someone with recent pictures will pop in with some soon!

Thanks, I didn't think to look at YouTube. So can cabanas be reserved through the MDE app or only by calling?

We'll be arriving for our first Poly stay in 10 days!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!
Sorry... I just had an urge to shout that from the rooftops, and my co-workers wouldn't appreciate that :-)

You will love it, the Poly is an awesome resort! Have a great time! :yay: :yay:

Either July 4th or New Years has been on our Poly list for awhile now!

Me too! Anytime at Disney is great, but I think July 4th and New Years would be great times to spend at Poly CL with that lounge view :cloud9:.

Don't tempt me on 7/4! DS's birthday is a few days before that so I have double reasons to go around that time.

You can't argue with those reasons to go ;).

I somehow missed my drop into double digits to our return to Disney...we will be back in the World in 88 days! :banana:

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

Thanks, I didn't think to look at YouTube. So can cabanas be reserved through the MDE app or only by calling?

Reserving the Oasis Cabanas is really new, as in the last couple of months so Zero idea how it's being done or the time frame. I'd call if you're interested especially if it is in an expected busy time!

Liz

I've been trying to spend more time at other resorts but I'm with you, Poly keeps pulling me back. Will be there mid Feb for President's Days weekend and I cannot wait.

Can't remember if I've seen you on the CL thread as well but there were some recent reports of significant Poly CL food upgrades. I'm very interested in seeing this for myself as Poly has always been among the weakest of the CLs in the food department, at least in my travels.

Ahhh July 4 at the Poly! There's just nothing like it :cloud9:.

Anxious to hear about the CL food offerings nowadays - good thing you have a trip coming up soon @GADisneyDad14!

I can't wait to hear about the CL food offerings - we love the location of the lounge and love the resort and CM's but the food was always lacking a bit... I'm excited to hear all about the new things offered!

Reactions: TJA
I can't wait to hear about the CL food offerings - we love the location of the lounge and love the resort and CM's but the food was always lacking a bit... I'm excited to hear all about the new things offered!

I was in CL from 1/7-1/17 if anyone has any specific questions on the food offerings, etc.

Reactions: TJA
I was in CL from 1/7-1/17 if anyone has any specific questions on the food offerings, etc.

Do you remember any specific food at night from 5-7? Also, did you happen to see if they have "chicken wraps" or something similar to that during the afternoon hours? Thanks!

Do you remember any specific food at night from 5-7? Also, did you happen to see if they have "chicken wraps" or something similar to that during the afternoon hours? Thanks!

We were there 12/9-12/13 and the afternoon offering (12:00-4:00) alternated between chicken and mini shrimp with lettuce to use for "wraps". The evenings we were there between 5:00-7:00, there was a variety of small bite options: Mahi Mahi, pulled pork, chicken and pineapple, mini meatballs, mini turkey club, etc. There was also always three cheese varieties, various breads, hummus, and veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter