Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I am so excited! We just decided to go to the Polynesian for our next trip (May 2018). Undecided on if we will stay club level or not. Hubby really wants to but I'm on the fence. Cannot wait! It'll be me, hubby, 3.5 year old daughter, and my mother and father in law : ) This past summer we stayed at Art of Animation and it was too cramped for us in the same room... so this time we will do 2 seperate rooms :) I've stayed at the poly before but it's 17 years! This is hubbys first time! So excited :)

Congrats on booking! The Poly is amazing and I'm sure you'll have a great time whether you choose CL or not. Have fun planning :wizard:.

I just booked my first stay at the Polynesian and am clueless about the room locations there. I have read that not all of the rooms have a full balcony, something that I do enjoy on my trips. Which room locations have the full balcony?

Thank you!

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy your first Poly stay :goodvibes.

I just did my online check in! In a week and a half we will be arriving at the Poly!!!! :banana:

Have a great trip! :cool1::dance3::jumping1:

Question re: towels in a DVC unit. Do those of you that stay in them frequently feel the need to pack extra towels, especially for the pool?

Aren't there towels available at the pool? Can you not just go grab a couple yourself if needed? That was my plan for upcoming visit

Just read on the boards that Captain Cooks has big crowds in the mornings (I assume it's mornings) with visitors coming to eat Tonga Toast? Is that true? Just wondering so we can avoid it on mornings we are in a hurry.

thanks!

Just booked our first trip to Poly for November. We have stayed at ASMo, AoA, and POR. Looking forward to our first deluxe stay and the monorail with three kids.

Thread has been very helpful.

Just read on the boards that Captain Cooks has big crowds in the mornings (I assume it's mornings) with visitors coming to eat Tonga Toast? Is that true? Just wondering so we can avoid it on mornings we are in a hurry.

thanks!
I wouldn't so much blame visitors. The way they manage traffic flow to the registers there is suboptimal. It's busy in the mornings because people want breakfast; it's busy in the evenings as well. The lines work oddly.

Just booked our first trip to Poly for November. We have stayed at ASMo, AoA, and POR. Looking forward to our first deluxe stay and the monorail with three kids.

Thread has been very helpful.

You're in for a treat, the Poly is amazing! Hope you have a great trip. Happy planning :wizard:.

How far in advance can pool cabanas at the Oasis pool be reserved - just the basic shaded structures?

I feel like I should know this, but I don't! When the resort monorail doesn't start running until 8:30am (with MK opening on 9am), how does one get to the park by 8:30am? I didn't think the boat runs early enough. Is your best bet to walk over to TTC and take the ferry?

We reserved ours for July 4th already - I believe that it is 180 days.

Ok that's good to know. Just so that I have it straight...dining reservations, cabana rentals, specialty cruises...anything "extra" can be reserved at 180 days out. I just learned about Poly cabanas so is there anything else special I'm missing that I might want to take advantage of? How many cabanas are available? In the picture it appears there are only 3.

Ok that's good to know. Just so that I have it straight...dining reservations, cabana rentals, specialty cruises...anything "extra" can be reserved at 180 days out. I just learned about Poly cabanas so is there anything else special I'm missing that I might want to take advantage of? How many cabanas are available? In the picture it appears there are only 3.

It's just three. BTW, "cabana" is not really the word I'd use to describe these. They aren't cabanas in the traditional sense like what you see at GF and CR with curtain walls, some semblance of privacy, maybe some storage, etc. It's pretty much just the roof and chairs/table.

I wouldn't so much blame visitors. The way they manage traffic flow to the registers there is suboptimal. It's busy in the mornings because people want breakfast; it's busy in the evenings as well. The lines work oddly.

I can't wait until Disney incorporates mobile ordering from their quick service hotel locations!

It's just three. BTW, "cabana" is not really the word I'd use to describe these. They aren't cabanas in the traditional sense like what you see at GF and CR with curtain walls, some semblance of privacy, maybe some storage, etc. It's pretty much just the roof and chairs/table.

Thanks for the info. That's what it looked like from the pictures...definitely nothing fancy. But with fair-skinned kids and a baby along it will be nice to have a shady spot. Oh my gosh, I guess I have to figure out what afternoons are pool days 180 days in advance! :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter