Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info...i assume it was still fun to watch?

Oh it was still awesome! We stood on the top floor stairway landing in our building ( Tokelau) and had a great view. Now that I think about it we did hear some of the music one night but in think it was coming from one of the bungalows who had the sound cranked up.

Can anyone confirm if the music during HalloWishes is being piped into the Poly? I read a few weeks ago when it started it was not but wasn't sure if that was a glitch or if that is how it is...if i'm not mistaken it is piped in during Wishes, correct?

It was piped in this past Tues, but we stood in front of the GCH on the astroturf, not the beach.

We are staying at the Poly using rented DVC points in late January. This will be our third stay in three years, but first at DVC. Just bought our plane tix this morning and can hardly contain my excitement to go back!!!

Last year our twins slept on small blow-up mattresses, but I think we are going to try having them sleep in beds this time with us. They sleep in full beds at home, but we have never slept in a bed with them. I'd sleep with one and DH would sleep with the other. (Them together is a recipe for disaster.)

Does anyone know if you can get the kids bed rails in the DVC rooms? And if they work on the fold out bed?

My guess is yes although I can't answer for sure as I don't have experience with DVC, but hopefully others with DVC experience will be able to give a definitive answer. I do know they are available for regular rooms and do fit on the daybed. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

What does an email from IPO entail? My daughter and I booked CL for my birthday on July 4th. We were club level last time due to an upgrade. This is my first time booking in advance.

It's a welcome email with information about what IPO does/how they can help in planning your trip. It should come with an attachment of papers to fill out if you want them to book ADRs, etc. You don't have to use them if you prefer to do everything yourself, but it is nice to have someone there if you have questions before and/or during your trip :).

Can anyone confirm how early you can get coffee at Oasis pool?

I don't have the answer, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

okay I just booked my RO (Standard room) reservations for the Poly for May 1-7, 2017! So excited!!

My question now is, how and when do I make room requests?

CsZyI4J.gif
days until I'm back at my favorite resort & Disney home! Reading through this thread was a lot of fun. :)

You can call & have them added now. You can also make two selections (upper/lower floor, building, etc) when you do your online check-in at 60 days out.

If you're a TouringPlans.com member, they will also send a fax for you!

Thank you....and have a great trip! :)

What does an email from IPO entail? My daughter and I booked CL for my birthday on July 4th. We were club level last time due to an upgrade. This is my first time booking in advance. Has anyone watched the July 4th fireworks from the beach? How busy are they? We do not want to spend the whole day at MK

We were at the Poly this July 4th and LOVED it! We spent most of the day at the resort after a morning at Epcot. Yes, the resort was crowded but still wonderful! Had a little trouble finding chairs at the pool, but eventually succeeded and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon. Truthfully, I was surprised that the beach was not too bad for the fireworks. There was plenty of room to find a spot, though I wouldn't wait until the last minute! We stayed in a lake view studio, so were fortunate enough to view the fireworks from our balcony. It was amazing... best 4th of July ever!!!

What does an email from IPO entail? My daughter and I booked CL for my birthday on July 4th. We were club level last time due to an upgrade. This is my first time booking in advance. Has anyone watched the July 4th fireworks from the beach? How busy are they? We do not want to spend the whole day at MK
We are booked there as well!! I'm am thinking that the fireworks have seating no for CL guests on July 4th that is s roped off. It gets crowded. Correct me if I am wrong, Disers.

IPO letter is there to welcome you and help with dining reservation and setting up tours... I do everything myself, so I don't use them. CL CM are so helpful with questions, and once I purchased something that had a stain. They sent a runner back to DS and got me a new one. They are wonderful!

Resort is THICK with Gartner IT people. Big pop-up in the GCH like you see at conventions, and GCH is currently full of laptop users in bizcaz.

Several were not impressed by my kid trying to duel the tikis with his saber. (The CMs were applauding though, so heh.)

Here now. Wish people wouldn't keep insisting on smoking outside of designated areas. Ew.

Hope you're having a nice time :).

okay I just booked my RO (Standard room) reservations for the Poly for May 1-7, 2017! So excited!!

My question now is, how and when do I make room requests?

Congrats! It'll be May before you know it ::yes::.

As the pp said, you can call and have requests noted any time. Happy planning :wizard:.

CsZyI4J.gif
days until I'm back at my favorite resort & Disney home! Reading through this thread was a lot of fun. :)

Have a great trip! :yay:

We are booked there as well!! I'm am thinking that the fireworks have seating no for CL guests on July 4th that is s roped off. It gets crowded. Correct me if I am wrong, Disers.

We've never been over July 4th, but from what I've been reading lately, they do rope off a section for CL guests on the 4th ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter