Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just did online check in and only requested full balcony. Am second guessing not requesting a longhouse!! What should I do??

I would leave it as is if the full balcony is important to you. That was my only request and I did not get it. I think if you request a popular longhouse it would lower your chance at the balcony

My guess is yes although I can't answer for sure as I don't have experience with DVC, but hopefully others with DVC experience will be able to give a definitive answer. I do know they are available for regular rooms and do fit on the daybed. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

It's a welcome email with information about what IPO does/how they can help in planning your trip. It should come with an attachment of papers to fill out if you want them to book ADRs, etc. You don't have to use them if you prefer to do everything yourself, but it is nice to have someone there if you have questions before and/or during your trip :).

I don't have the answer, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.
Oasis opened at 7A by one individual who "sometimes" arrived late. Was great walking from Nieu across grass for coffee. If you want earlier, Capt Cook was open 24/7, same coffee

Hi everyone,

I am using Touring Plans to see the views from the buildings. When I put in "Magic Kingdom" under view- it lists Tuvalu and Aotearoa. Is that correct for the buildings with a theme park view (without the DVC buildings)?

If you have stayed in these- how is the walk to the main building?
The TTC?

Thanks! We have stayed at CR and my DH wanted to stay at the Poly this time so it is all new to me.

Have a 13 night stay coming up over Christmas and New Year's. Oh man, it is a dream come true to stay at the Polynesian. :love:

Stayed for the first time last May for three nights in a Moorea LV, I seriously gasped every single time I walked in the room, like I had amnesia.:rotfl: It really is something.

Can I call to make a specific building request? I know online check-in isn't very specific, so I just picked a balcony. I am in a standard room, and was wondering which buildings are closest to GCH? Thanks.

We stayed in Rarotonga (3804) in August and loved it. It wasn't the longhouse that I was hoping for but it was excellent. We were steps from the GCH, we had a view of the oasis pool and could see the high fireworks from Wishes. Absolutely loved the location
Same here...got Rarotonga 2810 tho requested 3rd floor then Samoa...but I loved LOVED our room. So close to GCH facing Oasis Pool, could see higher fireworks, room in really good condition...so great for us!!

I just changed our Poly reservation to Club level, so I assume we will be in Hawaii. Which floor is "best"? Ground level? Thanks!! We arrive Oct 25.

I just changed our Poly reservation to Club level, so I assume we will be in Hawaii. Which floor is "best"? Ground level? Thanks!! We arrive Oct 25.

Nice! Yes, you will be in Hawaii (assuming you didn't book a suite). Which view category did you book, Theme Park, Lagoon, or Garden View? "Best" is subjective but my answer will differ depending on the view category.

My club room is a theme park view, forgot to mention that part. Thanks for any info. Best view I guess. Is it a drawback to be on the 2nd floor with no balcony? I think I would want one.

Friends:

We will have some cheap beer and possibly a few spare bottled waters, and maybe a bag of pretzels, come morning for someone. DM me if you'd like to hand-off some beer near Oasis Pool early in the morning tomorrow, before ~9AM.

My club room is a theme park view, forgot to mention that part. Thanks for any info. Best view I guess. Is it a drawback to be on the 2nd floor with no balcony? I think I would want one.

So the Hawaii TPV rooms are on the second and third floors. There are a few exceptions in that some second/third floor rooms have a palm tree blocking a direct view of the castle, those are categorized as LV. First floor rooms were formerly categorized as TPV rooms too but I'm 'almost' certain they are all now LV since construction of the bungalows. If I'm misinformed on that front I'm sure someone will correct me.

If a balcony is important (which it is for me), I would make my only request be a third floor room. I just like being able to sit on the balcony to enjoy the view, watch wishes, etc. Particularly early/late if someone else is sleeping, I can sit out there, close the door, and not bother anyone. BUT, I would keep an open mind about this. Requests aren't guaranteed and you may ultimately end up with a 2nd floor room. I have been lucky in that I've always gotten a 3rd floor room, but I'm mentally prepared that my luck may run out. Not having a balcony won't ruin the trip I suspect, there are many other pros about Poly, CL, etc.

Hawaii isn't a particularly long building, so your view from any TPV room is going to be relatively the same. Posting some photos below but I always caveat pics don't really do it justice. You have a 180 degree view from the GF, to MK, to CR from every room that really is spectacular. I'd post the panorama shots but they are too big for DISboards. Hope this is helpful!

Here's the view from a third floor room towards the east end of the building (this is the side furthest from the CL lounge). The camera is facing a bit to the right, not exactly head on from the room.
IMG_1030.JPG

Same room, view to the left. Note this was late July when they were installing the rocks on the beach, hence the yellow construction barrier in the water.
IMG_9755.JPG

This photo is also from Hawaii third floor from October 2015 (so no fence or rocks on the water's edge). This is on the western side of Hawaii, three doors down from the lounge.
IMG_0217.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter