Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We mentioned that in our post yesterday: one third-floor concierge desk at the RPC. The "Walking Concierge" was sometimes on the fourth floor and once on the fifth; other times he/she was nowhere to be seen. And on a few occasions, the iPads/tablets were not working. However, they were always as helpful as they could be.
I’m just sad that the new setup won’t allow Dan to return to the RPC concierge. He has helped us so much for quite a few years. I’m glad we can still say hello downstairs at least!

I’m a fan. I think they did a really nice job with the lounge/the overall layout - it’s a beautiful space, pretty big, lots of seating options for a variety of group sizes. Pre-COVID they arguably had among the best beverage offerings of any CL - a really nice espesso machine, lots of variety of drinks in the fridge at all times (see PPs pics above), some interesting beers and wines (self-service!). I even had a CM offer to make me a mixed drink once - he said he just had to run upstairs to make it (I’m assuming this CM was just doing something a little extra, not something I’d go in expecting).

Food offerings were pretty consistent with other places - some services were good, some just average. Food generally followed the theme of the resort - a Spanish flare. Evening offerings felt a little on the light side (true light bites), but worked for me with such good dining options around the resort.

A real standout during our two stays were the CMs. A lot of engagement, a very service oriented vibe. Among the best in our CL travels, IMO.

I really like GDT as well - so combine it with CL and it felt like a nice overall setup (and value).

Of course that was all pre-COVID, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume things will be similar once it reopens.

Enjoy your GDT CL stay!
When we were at AKL a few weeks ago, a CM named Van was there and he offered to make me a drink. Turns out he was at GDT before the Covid closure. He is really such a nice guy/great CM! I have to admit it got me thinking about GDT. He was talking about how nice it is over there.

That's how it was when the Inn Keepers Club opened. Cl was only behind the main doors and should have stayed limited. When they add those extra 14 rooms it really added to the traffic in the small lounge space.

ETA: Still learning to spell.

Dave

wow, so they are removing 14 rooms? Going to be harder to get BWI CL now. In the past it was typically the best priced CL.

I’m a fan. I think they did a really nice job with the lounge/the overall layout - it’s a beautiful space, pretty big, lots of seating options for a variety of group sizes. Pre-COVID they arguably had among the best beverage offerings of any CL - a really nice espesso machine, lots of variety of drinks in the fridge at all times (see PPs pics above), some interesting beers and wines (self-service!). I even had a CM offer to make me a mixed drink once - he said he just had to run upstairs to make it (I’m assuming this CM was just doing something a little extra, not something I’d go in expecting).

Food offerings were pretty consistent with other places - some services were good, some just average. Food generally followed the theme of the resort - a Spanish flare. Evening offerings felt a little on the light side (true light bites), but worked for me with such good dining options around the resort.

A real standout during our two stays were the CMs. A lot of engagement, a very service oriented vibe. Among the best in our CL travels, IMO.

I really like GDT as well - so combine it with CL and it felt like a nice overall setup (and value).

Of course that was all pre-COVID, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume things will be similar once it reopens.

Enjoy your GDT CL stay!
Thank you for the info

When we were at AKL a few weeks ago, a CM named Van was there and he offered to make me a drink. Turns out he was at GDT before the Covid closure. He is really such a nice guy/great CM! I have to admit it got me thinking about GDT. He was talking about how nice it is over there.
I didn’t see him. I loved Van , he was my fav from GDT, Must have been after I left.Rats!

Interesting, I wonder if it was the same CM. The name sounds really familiar.

I hesitated to even post about it and I’m relatively sure I didn’t at the time, but figure 2+ years later it was OK. When he offered, it was just me and another guest in the lounge. We all somehow got to talking about something beverage related and he offered. By the time he came back with his fancy looking concoction, more people had arrived and were sitting near us… leading them to ask/want one… and from there you could see it being a little hard to manage. Whatever the reason, I appreciated his yummy cocktail pixie dust! :-)

wow, so they are removing 14 rooms? Going to be harder to get BWI CL now. In the past it was typically the best priced CL.
Based on the post from @KerryCM above if they remove the rooms outside the doors of the Inn Keepers Club that they added a few years ago. There are a couple of true Boardwalk view rooms, 7 over looking the Village Green and finally a couple that overlooked the inner courtyard.

They were a nice addition but added to crowding in the CL lounge most often in the morning and on Holiday weekends. They did not expand the lounge as there is no where to expand without removing rooms on either side of the lounge area when they included these additional rooms.

Dave

We were waiting for our car out front Poly recently and a random tour bus pulled up, not one of the names I’m used to seeing around. Driver popped out and said to the group of people waiting “Welcome folks, I’m your Magical Express.” Funny thing was, he was serious, but none of the guests believed him! It took a fair amount of convincing before anyone would board. 😂
This happened last week at the CSR GDT; a luxury bus pulled up at the ME stop and said he was there to pick us up for the airport. People hesitated for a bit but were really OK with it.
The driver was fantastic and the ride was good. Not crowded, good transport over all. :)

Based on the post from @KerryCM above if they remove the rooms outside the doors of the Inn Keepers Club that they added a few years ago. There are a couple of true Boardwalk view rooms, 7 over looking the Village Green and finally a couple that overlooked the inner courtyard.

They were a nice addition but added to crowding in the CL lounge most often in the morning and on Holiday weekends. They did not expand the lounge as there is no where to expand without removing rooms on either side of the lounge area when they included these additional rooms.

Dave

I just booked a Deluxe CL at BWI, are they keeping just the 4th floor deluxe rooms as CL now? Could someone share a floor plan or indicate which rooms they are keeping CL?

I am so happy to hear they will be limiting number of ppl in the lounge. Maybe I can convince DH it will be safe.

Well poop, wake up at 5am to play Space 220 lottery… not available yet, checked the bigger thread on the restaurant board to confirm. Got up, made coffee, let dog out, kept refreshing both app and website every few mins during all of that just to be sure.

I guess somewhere in there I whiffed since it looks like it opened around 5:30, from reports on the other thread.

I hate these Disney things where 2 minutes filling the coffee pot is the difference between success and failure. :headache:

Guess I wasn’t committed enough! 🤣

I just booked a Deluxe CL at BWI, are they keeping just the 4th floor deluxe rooms as CL now? Could someone share a floor plan or indicate which rooms they are keeping CL?

I am so happy to hear they will be limiting number of ppl in the lounge. Maybe I can convince DH it will be safe.
Deluxe rooms on both floors will be club level. The only ones they are elimimating are the ones they added in the past.

Dan's situation is complicated: He will explain.
Thanks, he did explain everything yesterday, but I’m just sad it didn’t work out for him to return to RPC...so much has changed in such a short amount of time! Nevertheless, it was all still wonderful, and we were so happy to be back! Now we just need Abdul and Francisco back!

Well poop, wake up at 5am to play Space 220 lottery… not available yet, checked the bigger thread on the restaurant board to confirm. Got up, made coffee, let dog out, kept refreshing both app and website every few mins during all of that just to be sure.

I guess somewhere in there I whiffed since it looks like it opened around 5:30, from reports on the other thread.

I hate these Disney things where 2 minutes filling the coffee pot is the difference between success and failure. :headache:

Guess I wasn’t committed enough! 🤣
5:38 AM just like for Steakhouse 71. I received my email confirmation at 5:44AM after multiple eaten pages and refreshes which didn't make me start over, just gave me agita and took a little longer lol; right after that, entire site crashed; even resort ressies only went to dec 31, 2021 until close to 6AMish or after;

I just wanted to add that my DD and I can’t have gluten, and there wasn’t much we could eat last night for apps in RPC so the chef made us gluten-free bruschetta and gluten-free pasta with meatballs. Very nice touch!
2808F8B6-9DB2-4227-83B9-34C1F90EEC4F.jpeg
Sadly, the bruschetta picture was blurry and I didn’t notice earlier. It was delicious!
EBA71D58-56F7-4E8B-9DCE-E7AE2E83D225.jpeg
We had a farewell toast to the Grand (until next time) and went downstairs to request some songs with Wes.
F8660B77-59DD-4584-89BF-B00EB02F9781.jpeg
So our shortest trip ever turned out to be awesome and well worth it...so here’s to hoping Disney will release more discounts so we can do it again!

5:38 AM just like for Steakhouse 71. I received my email confirmation at 5:44AM after multiple eaten pages and refreshes which didn't make me start over, just gave me agita and took a little longer lol; right after that, entire site crashed; even resort ressies only went to dec 31, 2021 until close to 6AMish or after;

Blah - well I missed Steakhouse 71 because I got busy/lost track of days… so wasn’t going to make that same mistake here. Or so I thought…

Glad you got one!

-Grumpy

Blah - well I missed Steakhouse 71 because I got busy/lost track of days… so wasn’t going to make that same mistake here. Or so I thought…

Glad you got one!

-Grumpy

Sorry you missed it. I was up at 5:30, grabbed my glasses, quick pit stop in the BR (coz I’m an old lady & that’s an absolute must 🤣). I had 2 times slip away while trying to book but I was able to grab a dinner on 9/30. My ADR screenshot & email confirmation timed 5:39. The times went crazy quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter