Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have to ask though, What's the deal with the turkey corn dogs almost every night? That seems to me like it's a kiddie type of food. LOL

These were on the buffet every night during our Jan 2015 trip, but they were in the kiddie section, with the uncrustables and the hummus. Maybe they noticed a lot of adults eating them and decided it made a good (cheap) alternate choice.

Poly CL lounge evening offerings, week of Sunday, June 28, 2015 through Saturday, July 4, 2015.

Sunday: turkey corn dogs, conch fritters, potato cheese pierogies with BBQ sauce

Monday: turkey corn dogs, mushroom risotto bites, 5-spice chicken wings

Tuesday: sushi night

Wednesday: turkey corn dogs, beef & blue wrapped in bacon, same pierogies as Sunday

Thursday: chicken quesadillas and vegetable spring rolls

Friday: corn dogs, meatballs

Saturday -July 4. Same food as in previous years. Hot dogs, baked beans, chicken wings, and outstanding salad.

These are the same items they served in January, with the exception of Friday (we had crab rangoon and 5 spice chicken wings) We didn't stay for Saturday so can't compare.

Reactions: TJA
We always make dinner ADRs so its not that it ultimately matters to us, but I am shocked at what I'm seeing being served at the Polynesian CL. It looks like someone went to Costco's and bought boxes of frozen appetizers and brought them back to the lounge and microwaved them.

Is there even an actual chef there anymore? We haven't been to WDW and Polynesian CL in 5 years, but I really can't believe the difference in the food.

No offense to anyone who may like corn dogs, but all of that reminded me of cheap buffet food.

I agree that the snacks at Poly weren't that special. The beef and blue was really good. I think that BWI had 'nicer' (ie chef made) choices in that there were things like meat skewers, salads every day, etc.

In terms of the extra cost for CL, the breakfast, drink availability, and fruit/cheese/snack in the evening is convenient more than anything, especially with multiple kids traveling. If I was going alone with my husband, I would probably not do CL.

ADRs for our 8 nights. What do you guys think of this plan:

Le Cellier - DDP
Ohana - DDP
Teppen edo - DDP
Boathouse - DDP
Rose and crown - TIW
Beaches and cream - TIW
50's prime time - TIW
Be our guest - TIW

This will use all 6 of my table service credits. Then cash for the others. Is this insane? Am I overthinking it??

I'm the same way -- I tend to overthink when I plan....I'm obsessed with all the details, etc. I would do what you're doing because you're experienced enough to handle it. If it was a family going that hasn't been to WDW very often, then I probably wouldn't recommend your plan:). I've actually considered doing the deluxe plan and staying in a standard non-CL room for part of a trip, then moving to CL for the remainder. That may be in our future! I think your plan is great, and I love the dining choices -- sounds similar to ours except we have not been to Boathouse.

Poly CL lounge evening offerings, week of Sunday, June 28, 2015 through Saturday, July 4, 2015.

Sunday: turkey corn dogs, conch fritters, potato cheese pierogies with BBQ sauce
View attachment 108071

Monday: turkey corn dogs, mushroom risotto bites, 5-spice chicken wings
View attachment 108051

Tuesday: sushi night
View attachment 108052

Wednesday: turkey corn dogs, beef & blue wrapped in bacon, same pierogies as Sunday
View attachment 108053

Thursday: chicken quesadillas and vegetable spring rolls
View attachment 108054
View attachment 108055

Friday: corn dogs, meatballs, and there was initially a 3rd pan that they immediately removed and never put back. We tasted it and to be honest it was horrible tasting (to us). They were triangles with potato and peas inside but something tasted wrong because I've had these before and never thought they were that bad. Meatballs were outstanding. No little signs that night, but the sauce tasted like some sort of light BBQ.
View attachment 108057

Saturday -July 4. Same food as in previous years. Hot dogs, baked beans, chicken wings, and outstanding salad. They put out a gorgeous fruit basket that was quickly devoured, but I tried to snap a few pics so you could get an idea:
View attachment 108061
View attachment 108063
View attachment 108064

Thanks for sharing.

By any chance, did they have other stuff (cold items) like cheese, crackers, salads, etc.? We had heard so many good things about Poly's CL offerings but honestly, corn dogs every day??

I'm putting coconut rum on my packing list!
Sweet and Sour mix mixed with the Disaronno (and a splash of Sprite) that most of the CLs put out from 8-10pm is really good too. They don't have sweet and sour mix in CL, but I sometimes pick one up at a drug store on the way from the airport:) I haven't stayed at AKL, so I can't confirm that they have Disaronno, but I would assume so. It was awesome mixed with the Stormalong Bay Breeze they have at BC, but I don't know what's in the Jungle Juice at AKL...it might be good with it too:)

Thanks for sharing.

By any chance, did they have other stuff (cold items) like cheese, crackers, salads, etc.? We had heard so many good things about Poly's CL offerings but honestly, corn dogs every day??

Lol- I know, the corn dogs used to be on the kiddie side each night, but we noticed last week that they really didn't have a kiddie side anymore. Some nights they put out PB&J on the kiddie side all alone.

Yes, they had the usual cheese, crackers, veggies, dips, lots of fruit (pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sometimes blueberries), caramel dip. No salads or other sides.

ADRs for our 8 nights. What do you guys think of this plan:

Le Cellier - DDP
Ohana - DDP
Teppen edo - DDP
Boathouse - DDP
Rose and crown - TIW
Beaches and cream - TIW
50's prime time - TIW
Be our guest - TIW

This will use all 6 of my table service credits. Then cash for the others. Is this insane? Am I overthinking it??

If you're there for 8 nights, you should have 8 credits.

Lol- I know, the corn dogs used to be on the kiddie side each night, but we noticed last week that they really didn't have a kiddie side anymore. Some nights they put out PB&J on the kiddie side all alone.

Yes, they had the usual cheese, crackers, veggies, dips, lots of fruit (pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sometimes blueberries), caramel dip. No salads or other sides.

Oh boy, we better prepare ourselves then because we've been spoiled with our CL offerings at the BC/YC...lol.

Oh boy, we better prepare ourselves then because we've been spoiled with our CL offerings at the BC/YC...lol.

Yes, I totally understand that because we stayed at BC CL a few months ago and were pleasantly surprised at the added food offerings. So we were hoping Poly had followed the trend. There are the many other factors that keep us returning to Poly:). One thing that Poly did provide an abundance of, though, is fruit. There was always a large selection of strawberries, melons, pineapple, berries. At BC, were felt lucky if we were able to snag a strawberry, lol.

Yes, I totally understand that because we stayed at BC CL a few months ago and were pleasantly surprised at the added food offerings. So we were hoping Poly had followed the trend. There are the many other factors that keep us returning to Poly:). One thing that Poly did provide an abundance of, though, is fruit. There was always a large selection of strawberries, melons, pineapple, berries. At BC, were felt lucky if we were able to snag a strawberry, lol.

I'm glad to hear about the fruit at least :).

We are actually VERY excited for our first Poly stay, it has been one of our dream resorts to try and I'm sure we're going to love it! Plus the view from their lounge looks amazing in pictures...can only imagine how it is in-person.

I totally know the feeling. Packing up and moving isn't fun. We are only splitting because of Nic's birthday. He originally wanted the GF from day one when we started talking about this trip. Plus 8 nights BC sounded like too long for one spot. I love MK and want to be over there badly! :D
I think if I had a 5/3 split I'd do it, but they won't let me chop a Universal day ;)

Hi pas :wave2:.....you crack me up with the resort changes :laughing:.....but I do get it because it is hard deciding on just one resort :rolleyes1.
It's SO hard, but I am excited for a week at Beach Club. It's our first BC CL stay!!!

I'm glad to hear about the fruit at least :).

We are actually VERY excited for our first Poly stay, it has been one of our dream resorts to try and I'm sure we're going to love it! Plus the view from their lounge looks amazing in pictures...can only imagine how it is in-person.

Yes, the views are amazing at Poly. Another huge perk is how the main pool is very close to the lounge....makes it super easy to go back and forth for drinks/snacks.

Here are some additional pictures I haven't posted yet from our trip last week:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Our zoomed view from Ohana!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
My mother and I are planning a trip to WDW next summer, and we were thinking about booking a room at the Polynesian resort. With a group of four people (including a small child) which room would be worth the money? Is a water view worth the charge? Oh, and I know the PR has a monorail, but which parks does it go to? All three other visits to Disney World have been at POP Century, so this is a new experience!

So, we are returning to the Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club level room (May 17th-24th). We stayed here a couple years ago and loved the location out of any other place we've stayed. That could have something to do with my DH's love of Epcot and my oldest DD's love of Hollywood Studios. Walking to each park is priceless. It's been a while and I can't remember but do all Deluxe rooms have a Boardwalk view? I know they are either on floors 3 or 4 but I can't remember if they are all the Boardwalk view. We really do not have any 'requests' except for Boardwalk view. ;)

AKL CL people:
I called IPO inquiring about special treats for the room (like how the CR can do a chocolate monorail/slipper) and was given some options like a dried fruit/nut platter, a fruit/cheese platter, 3 "large" zebra domes, or champagne + flutes. I know they have iron horse but that is brut, I prefer sweeter champagnes, does anyone know what the second option is? I didn't quite catch it. It was $70.

Does anyone have pictures of any of these things? Thanks! looking for something a little special.

Yes, for the 4th FP. At our stay at BC CL during Easter week, we were given a text number at check-in that we could use to ask for a 4th FP, and so on. It totally changed how we toured the parks for the better because we found the texting CM's could get us any FP we asked for, even during a busy Easter holiday. It was amazing. All I did was text what we wanted and they added it to our account. The kids were extremely excited -- we went on Test Track 2 or 3x every time we went to Epcot lol. 7DMT, same thing, 2 or 3x each time we went to MK.

Maybe if we all keep inquiring and giving feedback regarding the service, they'll take note. I'm going to mention it in my feedback for sure.

So are you saying that we may be able to get FP+ for A&E on the day that we are in the park??? My 60-day window opens up tonight and already, A&E is booked up for all days for our six-day vacation with the exception of the last day, but we have to leave MK by 1:30 pm that day in order to make our flight. I've resigned myself to waiting in the standby line if we have to (my little one is turning 5 on this trip and her ONE BIG WISH is to meet A&E so we have to do it) but if BC CL CMs can assist after we arrive, that would be so awesome!

So are you saying that we may be able to get FP+ for A&E on the day that we are in the park??? My 60-day window opens up tonight and already, A&E is booked up for all days for our six-day vacation with the exception of the last day, but we have to leave MK by 1:30 pm that day in order to make our flight. I've resigned myself to waiting in the standby line if we have to (my little one is turning 5 on this trip and her ONE BIG WISH is to meet A&E so we have to do it) but if BC CL CMs can assist after we arrive, that would be so awesome!

Oh gosh, I would never say a definitive YES to that because nobody ever knows for sure until they try it (and I didn't try that lol), but we were able to get any big-ticket ride we wanted for our 4th FP during Easter week at BC CL. Maybe you could email with IPO ahead of time and ask? Especially if it's still in testing mode....I'd be hesitant to accept anything unless I hear it directly from IPO.

Those all look good, Erika!! :) I wish we still had APs so that we could get the TIW card. I remember that it more than payed for itself several times over!!

Here is our line-up (Just 2 adults, all OOP):
Kona Café - L
'Ohana -D
Be Our Guest - L
Coral Reef - D
Sci-Fi - L
Narcoossee's - D
Kona Café - B
California Grill - D
Teppen Edo - L
50's Prime Time - D
Yak & Yeti - L
Spirit of Aloha (Dinner Show)
Le Cellier- L
Whispering Canyon - D
'Ohana - B
Plaza Restaurant - L
Kona Café - D

You guys are big fans of kona, eh? :)

Oh gosh, I would never say a definitive YES to that because nobody ever knows for sure until they try it (and I didn't try that lol), but we were able to get any big-ticket ride we wanted for our 4th FP during Easter week at BC CL. Maybe you could email with IPO ahead of time and ask? Especially if it's still in testing mode....I'd be hesitant to accept anything unless I hear it directly from IPO.
I personally wouldn't flat out ask that... sometimes asking things like that causes backlash

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter