Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are only staying at the resort for one night prior to cruising- we would like to go to MK which location do you think is preferable?

The first bus stop for MK is in Jamaica both going and returning. Jamaica 45 is also a quickish walk to OPR. Jamaica is our favorite village.

38 days.....this is going to be the LONGEST month EVER, also at the beginning of the thread it said all construction was complete...but my travel agent said that the main bridge to the center would be out while we were there...Feb 6-12...anyone know anything about this?

After nearly 2 1/2 years of waiting and anticipating, we finally hit our 60 day mark! :figment: Made our fastpasses this morning a little after midnight and got everything we wanted, including 7DMR! Also did online check in, so we are all set. Now the waiting begins! :dance3:

38 days.....this is going to be the LONGEST month EVER, also at the beginning of the thread it said all construction was complete...but my travel agent said that the main bridge to the center would be out while we were there...Feb 6-12...anyone know anything about this?

As @dis_guy correctly stated, the bridge construction was completed over a month ago.

As @dis_guy correctly stated, the bridge construction was completed over a month ago.

Now that I think of it there was some work replacing some of the walkways around the resort while we were there in November maybe that's what the TA is referencing.

All Ears says:

Caribbean Beach
Old Port Royale Path of Travel

Guests in some parts of Martinique and Trinidad North may experience some construction noise.

Supposed to be from Jan 3-Feb 28.

Regardless, I doubt it's anything to be concerned about.

Hiya!!!! So I made my reservation for CBR since CSR was booked. I noticed this to be a resort loved by family's with smaller kids. My twins are teens. Honestly, I haven't read the full thread but am about to. Anyone take their teens here and love it???

Hiya!!!! So I made my reservation for CBR since CSR was booked. I noticed this to be a resort loved by family's with smaller kids. My twins are teens. Honestly, I haven't read the full thread but am about to. Anyone take their teens here and love it???

Our 14 yr. old still loves CBR. The pool is one of his favorites on property!

Stayed at CBR for the first time (Dec. 19-26). Overall it was exactly what I expected. We had booked a preferred room and ended up in Martinique 26. Very close to OPR and the bus stop there (closer than the Martinique stop based on our exact room location). The room had some kind of smell. It wasn't smoky or moldy or musty... I thought it smelled like pickles but DD disagrees. Whatever the smell was it got in our clothes because I could smell it when I got home and did the laundry. It wasn't enough for me to complain about but it was definitely there.

Our room had a murphy bed- WARNING- the piece of furniture that is the bed is not flush with the wall. DD put a piece of jewelry on the top flat surface and it rolled off and was behind this massive piece of furniture with no way to get at it. We called maintenance and they sent someone very quickly. He removed a drawer and after some wriggling was able to retrieve it for us. Lesson learned- don't put anything valuable on top!

We ate at the food court at OPR and thought the food was fine. We tend to eat in off hours so we weren't bothered by crowds although one time we went to fill out mugs and there wasn't a table to be had... it was BUSY.

Check in was a breeze- our room wasn't ready until 3:22pm (that's when I got the text). We were in MK and I was glad that we finally had a place to go. We were tired from our early flight.

Woke up at 3am on 12/24 and discovered water all over the tiled area of the sink area. The water had not gotten to the carpet because our soft sided luggage and dirty laundry had sucked it all up. My first thought was "Ohmagosh there is water everywhere how much is this going to cost?". My second thought was "wait- it's a hotel room- they have to fix it" and my third thought was "I am still going to my RD!". DD slept through all of it as I laid out the suitcases and hung wet dirty laundry everywhere. I called maintenance and told them the problem. I also told them we were leaving to be on the first bus to MK. They said no problem. We toddled off to the MK and when we returned the pipes looked like they had been replaced and all of the water was gone. I went to the desk at OPR (I didn't feel like going to the Custom House and really there was no need) and explained what happened. The manager on duty was very nice and offered to pay for me to do laundry (um no thanks- it's drying and it's Christmas Eve- I don't have time for that!!). So I politely declined and then she said "let me see what else I can do". Long story short she comped me a little bit (more than I expected and I never stated a number) and I was very happy. The suitcases dried out quite nicely by the time we had to leave.

The grounds were gorgeous. I really enjoyed the tropical feel and we walked around a bit. I nearly died because we saw a snake. A big long black snake. With a flickering tongue. Although I didn't stick around to check out it's tongue- that was reported to me by my extremely brave DD. She also took pictures of Mr. Snakey. I was halfway to Barbados when she caught up to me. Oddly didn't see any bugs. I seriously don't know what Disney does to them!

Bus service was great all week long. We never had much of a wait either at the resorts or the parks. The bus time arrival board was only working at OPR.

I am glad that we had a chance to stay here. I admit that my goal is to stay at all of Disney's properties over time so I don't think I will be back anytime soon but that's only because there are so many choices. We are heading to AKL next on our bounce back.

Thank you so everyone who posts here... It helped me immeasurably in my planning.

Does anyone know if any of the pirate rooms have a Murphy bed? Are there any plans to upgrade them to queen beds in the future?

Does anyone know if any of the pirate rooms have a Murphy bed? Are there any plans to upgrade them to queen beds in the future?
None of the pirate rooms sleep 5 so no murphy beds. As for upgrade, no idea, but I believe they were recently refurbed so I doubt it.

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I am in the process of booking our family trip to Disney for June and wanted to get a few questions answered that probably already have a thousand times.

First, are Martinique and North Trinidad preferred due to proximity to Old Port Royale or are there other benefits to these locations? Also, we have a party of 5, so are there certain locations they try to put parties of ore than 5?

Also, when booking, is it better to book a preferred room to better my chances of getting my request approved or does standard view give just as good a chance?

Last edited:
First, are Martinique and North Trinidad preferred due to proximity to Old Port Royale or are there other benefits to these locations? Also, we have a party of 5, so are there certain locations they try to put parties of ore than 5?

Preferred rooms are preferred because they are close to OPR, otherwise the rooms are the same. Rooms that can accommodate 5 are in every building throughout the resort. Oops forgot to mention that the Pirate rooms don't have the Murphy bed.

Also, when booking, is it better to book a preferred room to better my chances of getting my request approved or does standard view give just as good a chance?

Preferred is an extra charge booking category, so if you must have preferred select that when you make your reservation. Occasionally someone gets a free upgrade to preferred but in over 10 stays now, we never have. Requests are just that, requests. You may get it but you may not. Guests in preferred rooms are no more likely to have requests granted than guests in other parts of the resort.

Last edited:
I did online check in last night on my phone and I was only able to choose two requests and I chose Jamaica and ground floor but I couldn't specify a building. Do I need to call to do that? How far apart are the buildings in Jamaica? I was going to request 45 because it was closest to the bridge but how much difference would the farthest building in Jamaica make?

I did online check in last night on my phone and I was only able to choose two requests and I chose Jamaica and ground floor but I couldn't specify a building. Do I need to call to do that? How far apart are the buildings in Jamaica? I was going to request 45 because it was closest to the bridge but how much difference would the farthest building in Jamaica make?

Yes you will have to call to add a building. That's why I always recommend calling requests in as the options during online check in are predetermined and very limited.

The furthest building in Jamaica is maybe 2 minutes further than 45.

Yes you will have to call to add a building. That's why I always recommend calling requests in as the options during online check in are predetermined and very limited.

The furthest building in Jamaica is maybe 2 minutes further than 45.

Cool thanks. I did ask for Jamaica 45 when I booked it so it's possible it's already on there but I'll call about it anyway just to make sure :)

Quick question, DH & I booked a standard room but since it's only 2 of us do you think they'll give us a king bed or automatically give us 2 queens? I know when we booked ASM last time we did get a king without paying the extra for preferred. I figured since it's mid Jan. and hopefully not a busy time we could get a king, if not, no big deal.

Quick question, DH & I booked a standard room but since it's only 2 of us do you think they'll give us a king bed or automatically give us 2 queens? I know when we booked ASM last time we did get a king without paying the extra for preferred. I figured since it's mid Jan. and hopefully not a busy time we could get a king, if not, no big deal.

It would be extremely rare that you would get a king room. At the Moderates a King room is a separate booking category that costs more $$ per night than a Standard. At the Values and Deluxes king rooms are by request only, and therefore don't cost extra $$, which is why you got one at ASM.

I just put the deposit down for our stay at CBR in October, it is our first ever trip to WDW. Eeeeeekkkkk!!! I'm so excited :D

Congrats!! You made an excellent choice for your 1st trip! October is our favorite time to go, in our opinion it's perfect weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter