Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

It's been 12 years since our first stay at CBR...Christmas 2003. My boys were 9 and 8. Walking around the resort after getting back from the parks, trying to get them to wind down, the sounds of the resort, them thinking that the hammocks were the coolest thing on earth, and them walking down the sand to the lake...makes me feel old. Now my oldest son is a PFC in the US Army, and my youngest is thinking about doing para-rescue in the United States Air Force. And the Army son wants to go back to WDW after his deployment. Can't take away those memories.

For all of you at WDW right now, Merry Christmas and enjoy these times.

What a great post, as the mother of three sons, all married with children of their own, it really resonated with me. Wishing you and your family and all Disney lovers everywhere, a magical Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year.

Thanks to the guests who left water, gatorade & chips in front of the door this morning!! We'll be sure to pass on the pixie dust!
View attachment 141065
Thanks to the guests who left water, gatorade & chips in front of the door this morning!! We'll be sure to pass on the pixie dust!
View attachment 141065

You are more than welcome! We were in 2438 and checked out yesterday after a wonderful, week long stay at CBR. It was our first and most likely not our last. Lesson learned - don't order so much from Garden Grocer, especially with the dining plan! :) Merry Christmas!
Stacey

Just booked a short weekend stay in a pirate themed room for late February. We had a trip planned for this fall but my dad died in late October so we canceled. Starting to feel a little Disney urge but this spring would be tough to take a longer vacation..so a quickie trip it is. Trying to convince my mom to come with us too.

You are more than welcome! We were in 2438 and checked out yesterday after a wonderful, week long stay at CBR. It was our first and most likely not our last. Lesson learned - don't order so much from Garden Grocer, especially with the dining plan! :) Merry Christmas!
Stacey
We did the same thing our first trip too! Way too much ordered from GG. Merry Christmas to you too & thanks again!

Hi!

We stayed for the 3rd time at CBR Dec 16-22. Requested Martinique 22 corner room by phone, online check in and fax from touring plans. Received Martinique 21 room 2153. Got text that room was ready around 6pm, was not arriving till 11pm. Went straight to room and got in no problem. Pin didn't work for dining on our first day but quickly got it fixed at guest relations. Had no issues whatsoever with buses. We walked but mostly drove to food court since we were usually filling 5 mugs and only 2 of us going. Our room had a Murphy bed for those keeping track. I have to say I am starting to love it at CBR. Let me know if you have any questions!

Just a couple of questions about adult beverages that are available here? What kind of beer can you purchase either in the food court or the gift shop?

Is there a bar where you can get a drink at the resort?

Just a couple of questions about adult beverages that are available here? What kind of beer can you purchase either in the food court or the gift shop?

I know they have Miller and Bud products. If you check out page #2 of this tgread you will find some pictures of the coolers and some of what's available. I thin they also have other brands but I know they have these 2.

The Banana Cabana pool bar serves some great drinks. I highly recommend the Oina Colava and The Sunken Treasure.

Does anyone have a picture of the bathroom/bathtub in one of the CBR resort rooms? We are staying in preferred though I doubt that makes a difference in bathroom. Thank you!

Does anyone have a picture of the bathroom/bathtub in one of the CBR resort rooms? We are staying in preferred though I doubt that makes a difference in bathroom. Thank you!

No pic, but it is tight! Very small with a tub/shower and toilet. Pics are on one of the first posts.

One thing I do remember is that beer is considerably cheaper in the gift shop than it is at the pool bar .

Hi!

We stayed for the 3rd time at CBR Dec 16-22. Requested Martinique 22 corner room by phone, online check in and fax from touring plans. Received Martinique 21 room 2153. Got text that room was ready around 6pm, was not arriving till 11pm. Went straight to room and got in no problem. Pin didn't work for dining on our first day but quickly got it fixed at guest relations. Had no issues whatsoever with buses. We walked but mostly drove to food court since we were usually filling 5 mugs and only 2 of us going. Our room had a Murphy bed for those keeping track. I have to say I am starting to love it at CBR. Let me know if you have any questions!
^^^ This is why I pack 2 or 3 disposable coffee trays in my luggage! They take up literally no room and are worth their weight in gold!
So easy to go for 4 coffees (I'm the early riser) every am with our refillable mugs and coffee tray.
This also was a tip from the Dis!
So much good info!

Just an offbeat, off topic note...
I didn't see a bounceback offer when we were there and was soooo busy totally forgot to ask at CH... My bad!
BUT, we are now looking at dates for 2016 and I actually thought (briefly, I might add) about switching to YC or WL...
Quite honestly we could afford it, and I thought it might be fun, but DH and I both LOVE CBR and really have no reason to fool with success! Especially now with those new comfy beds!
We have never had a bad experience at CBR... Why fix what's not broken?
Just general musings....

Just an offbeat, off topic note...
I didn't see a bounceback offer when we were there and was soooo busy totally forgot to ask at CH... My bad!
BUT, we are now looking at dates for 2016 and I actually thought (briefly, I might add) about switching to YC or WL...
Quite honestly we could afford it, and I thought it might be fun, but DH and I both LOVE CBR and really have no reason to fool with success! Especially now with those new comfy beds!
We have never had a bad experience at CBR... Why fix what's not broken?
Just general musings....

Our thoughts exactly! Every trip we discuss staying somewhere else. But that's as far as it ever gets, discussing.

So did anyone else get the letter about the main pool being closed January 13 - 16th? Which is of course basically our entire stay. I am a bit disappointed since I think my minions would really enjoy the pool. I think that we'll likely enjoy it on the 12th when we get there if it is warm enough and then they'll just have to deal with the quiet pool for the rest of our stay at CBR.

^^^ This is why I pack 2 or 3 disposable coffee trays in my luggage! They take up literally no room and are worth their weight in gold!
So easy to go for 4 coffees (I'm the early riser) every am with our refillable mugs and coffee tray.
This also was a tip from the Dis!
So much good info!
Drinks trays are available at OPR, although I didn't find them until our last morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter