Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Considering CBR for our next trip. Are all ALL the rooms in Trinidad pirate rooms, or do they have some regular rooms mixed in also?

All of the rooms in Trinidad South are pirate rooms. The rooms in Trinidad North are just the normal rooms, but they are preferred pricing.

I've been noticing a number of folks planning or considering a first visit to CBR. I've recently found this video that gives a very nice overview of the CBR grounds and pools. I'm sure many have already seen it but it has nice quality video/audio and makes me feel like I'm back there when I watch it.

I've been noticing a number of folks planning or considering a first visit to CBR. I've recently found this video that gives a very nice overview of the CBR grounds and pools. I'm sure many have already seen it but it has nice quality video/audio and makes me feel like I'm back there when I watch it.

Great video, thanks for sharing

Are all the rooms at Trinidad North preferred? When I called and spoke to a castmember booking our room and putting in requests, she didn't say anything about that. We have a waterview standard room booked. I requested Trinidad North and a day bed. You think she would have said that no standard rooms are available in Trinidad North.

Are all the rooms at Trinidad North preferred? When I called and spoke to a castmember booking our room and putting in requests, she didn't say anything about that. We have a waterview standard room booked. I requested Trinidad North and a day bed. You think she would have said that no standard rooms are available in Trinidad North.
Yes. This question is answered at the top of post #2 in this thread, also in post #1421.

We've stayed at Jamaica and Martinique years ago before there were "preferred rooms." We just wanted to try someplace new but wanted to be close to Old Port Royale.

There are Water View, Preferred and King rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26.

Yes. This question is answered at the top of post #2 in this thread, also in post #1421.

Actually I've asked Mickeystoontown to change that. Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26 have 3 room classifications; King, Preferred and Water View.

There are Water View, Preferred and King rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26.

Actually I've asked Mickeystoontown to change that. Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26 have 3 room classifications; King, Preferred and Water View.

So technically if you book water view, you COULD potentially get lucky and get a room in one of the preferred areas?

Question: We are doing a split stay with CBR being our first resort. I've read several people here on the boards say that we need to make sure we check out of our first resort before checking into the second one so nothing gets messed up. Do we beed to physically head over to the Custom House to check out, or can we do it at concierge at OPR, or some other way?? We are hoping to check out of CBR and head to MK for our first day in the parks, and then check into POR later in the afternoon. (Our tickets are attached to our POR stay/package.)

Now that they are doing the bus thing where one hits three stops and one hits four, when you are returning from the parks/DS how do you know which bus to get on? Will they have signs posted in the windows saying which villages they stop at? Or do you have to ask the driver?

It's not a huge deal to me as I walk everywhere anyway, so if I get on one that doesn't stop at my village I know I can walk through to the loop around the lake. But I can see how it could be confusing and a little chaotic, especially at park closing or other busy times when people are lined up to get on the bus back to the resort.

Now that they are doing the bus thing where one hits three stops and one hits four, when you are returning from the parks/DS how do you know which bus to get on? Will they have signs posted in the windows saying which villages they stop at? Or do you have to ask the driver?

It's not a huge deal to me as I walk everywhere anyway, so if I get on one that doesn't stop at my village I know I can walk through to the loop around the lake. But I can see how it could be confusing and a little chaotic, especially at park closing or other busy times when people are lined up to get on the bus back to the resort.
I think someone else posted that the drop off busses make the whole loop

I would think that the drop off busses would make the entire loop around the resort. It would be just way too chaotic to try and only pick up only half the resort at the park - especially at closing!!!!

I think someone else posted that the drop off busses make the whole loop
I would think that the drop off busses would make the entire loop around the resort. It would be just way too chaotic to try and only pick up only half the resort at the park - especially at closing!!!!
Drop off buses hit the whole loop. CBR buses either take the east or west resorts to MK.

Question: We are doing a split stay with CBR being our first resort. I've read several people here on the boards say that we need to make sure we check out of our first resort before checking into the second one so nothing gets messed up. Do we beed to physically head over to the Custom House to check out, or can we do it at concierge at OPR, or some other way?? We are hoping to check out of CBR and head to MK for our first day in the parks, and then check into POR later in the afternoon. (Our tickets are attached to our POR stay/package.)

Yes they have to physically check you out. They changed the room phones now and instead of being directly connected to the front desk you get "guest services" and then have to basically beg to get to the front desk or they will tell you you have to go to the front desk. I would assume they could do it at OPR or at least call to the front desk for you without having to stop at the front desk. I've had to do this many times but I've never done it at CBR before.
Make sure you tell them you are checking in at POR and when you get to POR tell them you came from CBR to make sure they fully checked you out. They tell you that it will automatically check you out at 11 but it doesn't when you are changing resorts...

Yes they have to physically check you out. They changed the room phones now and instead of being directly connected to the front desk you get "guest services" and then have to basically beg to get to the front desk or they will tell you you have to go to the front desk. I would assume they could do it at OPR or at least call to the front desk for you without having to stop at the front desk. I've had to do this many times but I've never done it at CBR before.
Make sure you tell them you are checking in at POR and when you get to POR tell them you came from CBR to make sure they fully checked you out. They tell you that it will automatically check you out at 11 but it doesn't when you are changing resorts...

Actually the "Front Desk" button on your resort room phone has never connected you to anyone actually at the Front Desk. It has always gone to a Central Call Center.

Well I shouldn't say never. It's been this way since 1984 anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter