• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Where do you fill resort mugs at Boardwalk?

This is from post #11: DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge.

We don't buy the resort mugs anymore, but those were the places that people seemed to be using when we were there last month.

This is from post #11: DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge.

We don't buy the resort mugs anymore, but those were the places that people seemed to be using when we were there last month.
Thank you!!

We're staying in a standard room at the BWV from 3/4 to 3/8. Four of us (me, my wife, and my parents who are both 82).
Are you in a room on the Inn side or a villa on the Villas side? The BWV doesn't have standard "rooms".

DH and I are going for our 5th anniversary 9/7-9/14, staying in a studio. It will be our first time staying at BWV! We can't wait!!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and I'll log your dates:)

Bob stays at the BW every year for the Board of Directors meetings. The cast members there are among his favorites and after talking with the hotel's GM, I learned he asks for certain ones every trip!!

I want to add to my post above. The cast members at the Innkeepers are by far the best around and the board of directors hold their meetings there every year. They do not act any different when the board is there. The only thing they do different is open the lounge earlier in the morning. Jim and I will be back in December this year to celebrate my 65th birthday during the same week. Maybe I will get to celebrate and share my cake with my new friend!

That does say a lot about the Innkeeper's Club. You'd assume they'd stay Royal Palm, though I wasn't very impressed with RPC this past September. 65??? Not possible!

Can you add us too? DH and I will be staying in a studio 10/14-10/21 for our 30th anniversary, first time at BWV for us also.

That's terrific! Our 30th is also this year. Congratulations!

We just booked an October trip yesterday! Due to availability, we are doing a split stay with Oct 11-15 at OKW and then 15-18 at BWV in a 2 bedroom preferred view...anyone have any room request suggestions for a good view/location?

Splits can be lots of fun, like two trips in one, but don't hesitate to keep checking if BWV comes available for your entire trip.

Well, I'm not Bob Iger, but for our trip next month, I was surprised to see availability at GA, so we decided to give it a shot. Actually, unless something changes in the next three weeks, we'll get a taste of both GF and the Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, since we couldn't get our last night in GF. It will be interesting to compare.

I just realized that unless our plans change, we will have stayed at every DVC property with the exception of Aulani and Vero Beach.

:thumbsup2

My mom and I will be staying at the BWV studio from 9/16-9/23. We are celebrating her 65th birthday and this will be our first time staying there. We cannot wait!!

What a wonderful birthday celebration and I'll get those dates logged.

FYI. The only self service refill station is at the Boardwalk Bakery. The other three require the bartender/cashier to fill it for you. It could be a hassle if it is busy or you want more than one filled.

This is true and they have to use a new cup each time.

We're staying in a standard room at the BWV from 3/4 to 3/8. Four of us (me, my wife, and my parents who are both 82).

What a nice family trip. I'll add your dates:)

My mom, my sister, and I are staying in a 1 bedroom villa standard view cash reservation. Will we have housekeeping daily? Do we need to bring our own coffee, laundry soap, etc?

is it possible to book a preferred view with a cash ressie? I just booked 3 nights, end of January, but std view was the only view available?

My mom, my sister, and I are staying in a 1 bedroom villa standard view cash reservation. Will we have housekeeping daily? Do we need to bring our own coffee, laundry soap, etc?

Yes, if you booked a cash reservation through Disney, you will have daily mousekeeping just as you would on the Inn side. You will not need to bring coffee, shampoo, conditioner, bath soaps. I believe, but am not certain, that you will need to bring your own laundry detergent, softener, color bleach, etc.

We booked a standard view room at BWI. Very excited. :) Anyway, I've read a few posts on room requests. Seems like the long hallways are an issue for many. I am wondering though, if we request a room near the lobby or elevators, is there a good chance our room will be situated above the bus stop?

Yes, if you booked a cash reservation through Disney, you will have daily mousekeeping just as you would on the Inn side. You will not need to bring coffee, shampoo, conditioner, bath soaps. I believe, but am not certain, that you will need to bring your own laundry detergent, softener, color bleach, etc.

We stayed in a studio at BWV two times some years ago on cash ressies. Housekeeping left for us little boxes of laundry detergent every day. We did a couple of loads of laundry on both stays and left the extra boxes when we checked out. Maybe things have changed since then, but that was our experience. (Since then, we've only stayed on the BWI side and I'm a complete convert.)

We booked a standard view room at BWI. Very excited. :) Anyway, I've read a few posts on room requests. Seems like the long hallways are an issue for many. I am wondering though, if we request a room near the lobby or elevators, is there a good chance our room will be situated above the bus stop?
No, the elevators and the lobby are located in the center area of the resort building and the Resort Bus stop is locate down a covered walkway at the bottom of the main driveway away from the main entrance.

The lobby is actually located on the Second level of the resort, the main entrance drive and Porto Cornish are built up to make the resort lobby entrance a direct walk-in.

If your room is located near the lobby or elevators and is a Standard View on floors 1-3, you may near enough the Porto Cornish and hear car, taxi, Magic Express and Charter bus noise as guests arrive / depart the resort. However a great choice is the 5th floor on the BWI side. It is one of the shorted hallways and has some great Standard View rooms.

Dave

I should know the answer to this but my only stays at BW have been in the villa studios so here goes. I booked a standard inn room through Orbitz and I guess I just didn't pay attention when I booked it because now my Orbitz confirmation says I booked a king bed room. I will be there with my adult son so, of course, no sharing a bed. As of right now, I still haven't received by Disney confirmation # from Orbitz, which I'm not too concerned about since we aren't going until March 7 so I have plenty of time to get it into MDE but do the standard king rooms have a sofa bed in them? I know once I get on MDE I might could change it to two beds but on the off chance all goes to pot, I would hate to be stuck in a room with just one bed. I wasn't even aware they had king beds in standard rooms, I know they have them in the studios but those have the pull out couches.

What are your must do's/ must eat's/ must see's while staying at the Boardwalk? I have stayed there once before but it was a quick trip and we didn't have a ton of time to explore the resort. I don't want to miss anything!! TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter