• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find much info on the "Outdoor Building-Garden Room-Club Level Access". Does anyone every stay in them? Are they all ground floor? I understand they are not as close to the lounge as the other room categories, but what's a little walking after all that eating:). Has anyone ever stayed in them and are willing to share an honest review and pix would be great. Are the views that bad? I did read somewhere there are 14 of these rooms and all but 3 have a little garden/patio. The other 3 apparently have balconies? Any info would be appreciated.
Hi Crazyhorse, I just returned from our stay in a garden suite so I wanted to report back. I requested one of the suites with a balcony and that's what they gave me! :) I'm really glad we had that balcony and we actually did sit out on it a few times--I"m not sure we would have sat out on a front patio very much. We were especially lucky that the room was already available when we arrived at 10 am!
It was really nice! It's so convenient to the quiet pool. We didn't find the walk to the lounge that bad--I was there to do Dopey for marathon weekend (so 48.6 miles of running over 4 days) and was still ok :) Having two bathrooms was pretty convenient for Dh and I too.
Let me now if you have any specific questions :)

Hi Crazyhorse, I just returned from our stay in a garden suite so I wanted to report back. I requested one of the suites with a balcony and that's what they gave me! :) I'm really glad we had that balcony and we actually did sit out on it a few times--I"m not sure we would have sat out on a front patio very much. We were especially lucky that the room was already available when we arrived at 10 am!
It was really nice! It's so convenient to the quiet pool. We didn't find the walk to the lounge that bad--I was there to do Dopey for marathon weekend (so 48.6 miles of running over 4 days) and was still ok :) Having two bathrooms was pretty convenient for Dh and I too.
Let me now if you have any specific questions :)

Thank you! The two bathroom comment....love that! We're getting close, 5 days away. I see that room category is still available for our dates at the Boardwalk, Annual Passholder rate. (48.6 miles? YOU ROCK)!

I can't believe as many times that I've stayed here, I'm asking this, but I never knew where the cottages are. Looking at the color-coded map on page one, which are cottages?

Great question. They a block of 1st floor rooms that run along the courtyard side of the Inn building from the pink block through the green block at the end of the building ending in sort of the L shape. They are often referenced as Outer Building suites. They all have an entrance from outside of the main building.

Here is a pic from the first post,, that from above shows nice yards that some them have, some even have a mailbox at the yard gate / archway. You can also see that there are a mix of 1 level and 2 level units available. A couple of the are also ADA units.

IMG_0013_2-1.jpg

Dave

Has anyone stayed there recently and had an Amazon Prime Now order delivered? I was curious if they were charging that $5 per package fee on Prime Now deliveries. I looked into Garden Grocer, but honestly with the DDP we really aren't going to need very many snacks.

Great question. They a block of 1st floor rooms that run along the courtyard side of the Inn building from the pink block through the green block at the end of the building ending in sort of the L shape. They are often referenced as Outer Building suites. They all have an entrance from outside of the main building.

Here is a pic from the first post,, that from above shows nice yards that some them have, some even have a mailbox at the yard gate / archway. You can also see that there are a mix of 1 level and 2 level units available. A couple of the are also ADA units.

IMG_0013_2-1.jpg

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I had seen the photo, but couldn't place it in its proper location. Not enough landnarks except for the Eiffel Tower in the background.

We are thinking of booking a standard room at BWI for 2 nights. We are mostly going to be at the parks. Magic Kingdom the first day (Friday 1/27) and then AK and Epcot the second day. (1/28). We just became AP so we have to go to Guest Services the first morning (1/27) when we arrive from driving in. I have a few concerns.
1) should we go straight to MK and park there and take monorail over?
2) should we just park at BWI and do an early check in sand then hop on a bus to MK to go to Guest Relations?
3) HOW IS the parking situation at BWI currently? I do not want to have to pay for valet.
4) would we be better off at POFQ?

No help with the transportation information..we always use Disney transportation..and when staying at the BWI take the bus over to the MK...our general experience has been no long waits either coming or going...
I personally would suggest doing early check in..and then head over to the MK...

As for the AP...did you purchase online..?? If so..you do not need to go to GR to activate it...it will already be linked to your MB for park admission....You only need to stop at GR if you want to pick up the AP holder card that you can show for dining and merchandise discounts...but this is not always necessary these days for the discounts either...I believe that at some places it can be scanned from your band....

My daughter and I will be staying for the first time at The Boardwalk celebrating her 18th Birthday Feb. 17-23. We are so excited!!

What a nice mother daughter trip :goodvibes...and what a nice way to celebrate a special birthday! :cake: My DD is my Disney buddy..and we have enjoyed several of those MD trips at the Boardwalk...such fun!! Be sure that her special birthday is noted on your reservation...last birthday of my DDs that we celebrated there.. there was a card and balloons in the room...such a nice surprise for my DD and such a nice touch on the resorts part! Have a magical trip!

Thanks. Since it's a split stay I know we will get to BW early in the morning, probably around 8 or so and I know a room won't be ready so I'll just make sure when we check in to tell them we prefer two beds. We have stayed in a studio before and I slept on the sofa bed, it wasn't horrible but not the best option.

I would suggest definitely stopping at the desk to reiterate your request..rooms are pre assigned..so the FD will know...and you never know...some times rooms are available bright and early! ::yes::

We had such a lovely time again this past December at the BWI enjoying the holiday magic all around..especially at Epcot..that we plan on doing exactly the same this year...planning on changing it up and bit...and booked a future stay offer BW view CL....:cloud9:..DD and I are both excited...can't wait for the planning to begin! :flower3:

Thanks, Dave. I had seen the photo, but couldn't place it in its proper location. Not enough landnarks except for the Eiffel Tower in the background.
They are very close to the Inn side quiet pool. If you go from the lobby towards the elevators on the inn side, there is a little sitting area and outside of that are some stone steps that go down towards a little courtyard, and beyond that, the quiet pool. Once you go down those stone steps, the suites are on your left hand side.

We discovered that lovely courtyard during our first BWI stay :lovestruc...Its so serene out there...Although we love sitting out on the boardwalk...with the view of Crescent Lake and the YC/BC in the back ground..and of course people watching and dining along the boardwalk....we sometimes like to sit out there and enjoy the peace and quiet...

Last edited:
Thanks. Since it's a split stay I know we will get to BW early in the morning, probably around 8 or so and I know a room won't be ready so I'll just make sure when we check in to tell them we prefer two beds. We have stayed in a studio before and I slept on the sofa bed, it wasn't horrible but not the best option.

The sofa bed in the BWV is different than the sofa bed in the BWI rooms. I've also slept on the BWV sofa bed and it was fine, but the sofa bed in the BWI is smaller and doesn't feel like a good bed (if that makes sense). With your plan and timing, I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate you and your DS.

The sofa bed in the BWV is different than the sofa bed in the BWI rooms. I've also slept on the BWV sofa bed and it was fine, but the sofa bed in the BWI is smaller and doesn't feel like a good bed (if that makes sense). With your plan and timing, I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate you and your DS.

Hi Sandi!

I have my adult daughter and her bf sleeping on the sofa bed in BWV in two weeks. Do you think they can deal with it? I offered to book two rooms at POFQ, but everyone wanted to be in the Epcot resort area.

Hi Sandi!

I have my adult daughter and her bf sleeping on the sofa bed in BWV in two weeks. Do you think they can deal with it? I offered to book two rooms at POFQ, but everyone wanted to be in the Epcot resort area.

Might be a bit small for two people. I slept in it fine but I'm a small woman, only 5'2".

I got an email the other day from BW about the construction going on. I'm not too worried about it but does anyone know exactly what they are doing? Is it just painting and sprucing up the outside? Wouldn't you know I'm doing a split stay with 2 nights at CSR then 4 at BWI, both of which are undergoing renovations.

Hi Sandi!

The BWV studio sleeper sofa is a double size bed -- so not a queen bed. (But definitely bigger than the sofa bed on the BWI side.) I'm 5'2" and slept in it by myself. Perfectly fine. I'm not so sure my DH, who is 5'11", would have fared well. In the end, though, they'll be at WDW and being in an Epcot resort is totally worth it.

We actually are in a one bedroom villa and they say they are queen size? :confused::confused: So hopefully that will be a little better. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The BWV studio sleeper sofa is a double size bed -- so not a queen bed. (But definitely bigger than the sofa bed on the BWI side.) I'm 5'2" and slept in it by myself. Perfectly fine. I'm not so sure my DH, who is 5'11", would have fared well. In the end, though, they'll be at WDW and being in an Epcot resort is totally worth it.

Now I'm nervous. I hope my two sons, age 13 & 11, will fit. They are about 5'1'' and 5'4".

I got an email the other day from BW about the construction going on. I'm not too worried about it but does anyone know exactly what they are doing? Is it just painting and sprucing up the outside? Wouldn't you know I'm doing a split stay with 2 nights at CSR then 4 at BWI, both of which are undergoing renovations.
Wondering this same thing. We aren't going till summer but wondering if I should just switch to BCV? And not worry about parking or construction warnings?

Hi all! We just booked a 6 night stay at Boardwalk Villas Studio in May, using the new passholder discount. There will be myself, my husband and our two children (14 & 9). We have been to WDW numerous times, and have stayed at BWI once, but never the villas. Are there any major differences between the two that we need to be aware of? Are check in procedures and check in location the same? Any info appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter