• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I was trying to make breakfast reservations for Trattoria for July. It is not allowing me to make them for any time that first week or the last week of June. Anyone heard anything about them discontinuing breakfast or renovations that might be happening?

Sitting in the airport, waiting for our flight. Anyway received our room ready notification. It was 3007, all the way at the end of the hall. I called the number included in the notification and after being transferred to the front desk, a very helpful cast member was able to switch rooms for us. I know room requests aren't guaranteed, but it was nice of them to make the change.

Thanks for letting everyone know that calling the number in the text worked:)

Was that an autocorrect on Bob Iger? I had read somewhere else that he was at Jingle Bam Jam (whatever) on Monday.

Yes it was!

I'm super late with this, but now you're famous on this thread, @KerryCM!

IMG_1126.JPG

Thought I'd stop in to report how our first stay at BWI went. We did 5 nights last week (just returned Monday). We've stayed at GF, CR, and BC, and just loved BWI. My kids actually prefered the slide and pool complex at BWI to Stormalong Bay (which we find too crowded and my little one didn't like the covered/tube part of the slide at Stormalong).

Our experience and thoughts: We were initially disappointed when we arrived that our Touring Plans fax request wasn't granted (I know it's not a guarantee). Not only did we not get a garden or Epcot view room, we got a parking lot view, which we specifically asked not to get. We were a party of three rooms, and the first to check in, and they noted that the reason we didn't get our request (the only room in our party to make a request) was because they put the three parties with the same last name next to each other. I found this interesting since I did not request we be next to each other. In fact, I really did not want to be next to our family, and I managed the other reservations so I know no one else in our party requested this. So I was bummed that the only request I did make was denied, but another I didn't want at all was issued in its stead. I expressed disappointment, so they switched just our room to the other side of the hall and it was absolutely a perfect view. Fifth floor and a perfect view of the geodesic dome and Illuminations. I was so grateful and thanked her profusely. As an aside, the CM checking us in made a point to say that I booked a standard room and that those are only of the parking lot and that if I wanted a garden or Epcot view, I'd have to pay significantly more. Not true, I pointed out. On the Inn side, the only view categories are Water/Boardwalk or Standard, which includes garden. When I kindly mentioned that, she checked some paperwork and said, "Oh."

The resort was absolutely gorgeous with all of the holiday decorations! We didn't mind having all (or most) food options on the Boardwalk. We took breakfast in the Bellevue Lounge in the mornings. They DO have hot breakfast sandwiches, as well as my new favorite: greek yogurt with chia seeds, raspberries and granola. It was lovely out on the deck in the morning, and the fire was going in the lobby and it was quiet and peaceful and absolutely stunning. We passed on the gingerbread ornament activity. Toilet in our room broke but engineering was quick to fix it. Housekeeping was spot-on, kind and thorough. DH says Boardwalk is his favorite of all the resorts we've stayed in, and I agree, though I will always love GF. However, our kids (12 and 8) are sort of "over" Magic Kingdom and much prefer EP & HS, so this makes sense for us. DH also prefers the vibe to BC (which was louder with more kids and crowds at the pool) and also that we were more or less guaranteed a balcony. Great meal at Trattoria al Forno. Easy walk to Epcot. Bus and boat service was excellent with direct service to MK.

The one thing that was disappointing in comparison to the other resorts we've stayed in was the quality of the mattresses. Notably harder and just overall worse and less luxurious. That would really be my only room-specific complaint. We loved everything else about the resort! This is our 5th trip in 4 years so I don't know when we'll get to return, but I do hope when we do that it will be to the BWI.

Thanks so much for posting about your first BWI stay, @100acreHiker.

Boardwalk is so beautiful at Christmas :santa: I can't wait to stay here in May :cloud9:

Thank you for posting all of your wonderful Christmastime photos, @mlittig:)

We are back from our first stay at Boardwalk Villas and I cannot say enough good things about our stay! We were in a 2 bedroom villa in room 5020 (and 5018 since that was the studio attached). Here are some views from our room.
15589575_10109444397663254_7634097904680859841_n.jpg

15578563_10109444395946694_3099087172980778581_n.jpg
15589887_10109444391859884_5577923611362785247_n.jpg

And my favorite view....
15589643_10109444341680444_955553422972146334_n.jpg

Thanks for posting your great view, @JennaDeeDooDah!

We're on our way to BWV to Check in. We stayed off property last night so we could go to Epcot his morning before check-in. But they texted me to say our room was ready at 8:30am this morning. Sweet. So we're going straight to our room.

How exciting! I hope you had a wonderful stay, @gemax.

So excited!!! On Thursday morning at 7 am I called WDW, not expecting to be able to modify my 2 rooms at YC to a 2 BR villa cash res at 10 months out, and guess what? I was!! So, KOOK, please put me on your list!! Oct. 15-22, 2017, first F&W, first MNSSHP, and first time at BW!! It's very exciting to have so many firsts after going to WDW for so many years. My DD's first choice was BCV, but they only had deluxe studios available. I was actually OK with that. I had a feeling we were going to end up at the BW and I had already started spending more time on this thread, and have spent any available "research" time looking at photos and reading about it. It felt meant to be.
Only standard view was available, any suggestions? I like top floor and quiet and don't want to look at a parking lot, but at this point, I am just happy to have a 2BR during F&W!! :yay:

I'm finally getting you logged! Thanks for your patience, @bluecastle:)

Just made a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for February 1-9, 2017. Its our first time in a villa.
Just got back from Beach Club. Not even unpacked yet but can't wait to go again. :D

It's great that you already have another trip booked. I'll log your dates.

We wanted to add a night in a different resort after staying three nights at the Poly in upcoming February. I originally planned to stay at AKL and made a reservation for that particular night in a standard view room, but cancelled it after renting points and now we will be staying at BWV for that night in a garden/pool view studio. I was excited to see that it was no problem regarding availablity. My expectations are high after reading this thread :D

I hope all your expectations are met. If they aren't, at least it's only one night;)

Yes BLDG 1 (North) has no view, access or sound from the baggage drop-off area. Just a reminder that all requests are just that "Requests" not guarantees. Please order your requests and make sure your primary request is first.

Yes there are a couple of good views in BLDG 2 (South) at the end of floors 1-4. The 5th floor is only a very short section on the BLDG 2 (South) with views of the Portico cornice and drive way / parking lot, feature pool or the quiet pool. So to avoid the baggage drop-off area you will need to be further down the hallway.

Dave

Thanking you again, @Dave006 for posting accurate and in-depth answers to room location questions:)

Hello from BWI! We checked in Saturday late afternoon. We received a test with our room assignment while in flight. Went right to our room. I wanted 5th floor; we got 3rd floor. We are overlooking the Village Green, above the Belle Vue. It is fine for us - no loooong walk to our room this time!

From the bus view, the parking lot looks very full.

We had carolers on the green last night. Nice treat for the holidays.

No construction cranes in view, except for a smaller one near the quiet pool that we noticed when we used the hot tub (all by ourselves at 10:00 pm on arrival day).

We are loving the express transportation option. Very worth the cost. So nice to not have multiple bag checks.

Having a great time. I will try to check in here and answer questions.

Thanks for posting about you stay, @Sandi :)

Please add my trip dates to the Boardwalk Bulletin for the Boardwalk Villas from 11/28 to 12/7/17 :cloud9: :thanks:

Happy New Year, Boardwalk friends!! May 2017 be filled with good health, many blessings, peace, happy memories, special moments and lots of Disney Magic party:

How cute! Thank you and same to you, DIS posters and lurkers, too.

I was trying to make breakfast reservations for Trattoria for July. It is not allowing me to make them for any time that first week or the last week of June. Anyone heard anything about them discontinuing breakfast or renovations that might be happening?
Nothing to do with renovations or breakfast being discontinued, you can't make an ADR more than 180 days out from your check in date. In any case when I have been there for breakfast the restaurant was always half empty, so I don't think you will have a problem getting an ADR when the system allows you to make one.

It is my 180+10 today, and I can make pretty much all but that one. (I also could have made dinner reservations there for anytime that week!) I know the restaurant is usually half empty, so that was what had me wondering if it was something else...

KOOK- Happy 2017! Thanks for adding me to the Boardwalk Bulletin. Would you mind changing it from BWI to BWV? ( only when you are there to make any other changes/additions, of course!) I know it seems trivial, but just in case someone looks at it and wants to give me some villa advice!
Thanks!

KOOK- Happy 2017! Thanks for adding me to the Boardwalk Bulletin. Would you mind changing it from BWI to BWV? ( only when you are there to make any other changes/additions, of course!) I know it seems trivial, but just in case someone looks at it and wants to give me some villa advice!
Thanks!

That I is now a V :flower3:. Thanks for pointing it out, Mickey:)

Thanks for letting everyone know that calling the number in the text worked:)

I'm super late with this, but now you're famous on this thread, @KerryCM!

View attachment 212689

Thanks so much for posting about your first BWI stay, @100acreHiker.

Thank you for posting all of your wonderful Christmastime photos, @mlittig:)

Thanks for posting your great view, @JennaDeeDooDah!

How exciting! I hope you had a wonderful stay, @gemax.

I'm finally getting you logged! Thanks for your patience, @bluecastle:)

It's great that you already have another trip booked. I'll log your dates.

I hope all your expectations are met. If they aren't, at least it's only one night;)

Thanking you again, @Dave006 for posting accurate and in-depth answers to room location questions:)

Thanks for posting about you stay, @Sandi :)

How cute! Thank you and same to you, DIS posters and lurkers, too.

Happy new year everyone!

I do like that Bob Iger stayed at BWI and spent time at HS. You would think he would spend most of his time onsite at the Grand Floridian, the "flagship." But spending time at BWI gives him a view of the other deluxes. Overall, though, we've usually found the customer service a lot nicer at the BW then the other Deluxes (like the Poly for instance earlier in the year.). Maybe they know Bob could be showing up at any moment. ;)

We are officially booked!! 10/17 - 10/24 at BWV. SO EXCITED. My husband and I stayed here for our disneymoon and now I get to go back for an all girls trip. Can't wait for some food and wine time!

That's great! I'll log your dates:)

Happy new year everyone!

I do like that Bob Iger stayed at BWI and spent time at HS. You would think he would spend most of his time onsite at the Grand Floridian, the "flagship." But spending time at BWI gives him a view of the other deluxes. Overall, though, we've usually found the customer service a lot nicer at the BW then the other Deluxes (like the Poly for instance earlier in the year.). Maybe they know Bob could be showing up at any moment. ;)

It surprised me, too. Of course, if WE were BI, we'd probably be staying EVERYWHERE all the time, right? What fun and I'd think of it as a fact-finding mission for educational purposes.

Happy new year everyone!

Bob stays at the BW every year for the Board of Directors meetings. The cast members there are among his favorites and after talking with the hotel's GM, I learned he asks for certain ones every trip!!

I want to add to my post above. The cast members at the Innkeepers are by far the best around and the board of directors hold their meetings there every year. They do not act any different when the board is there. The only thing they do different is open the lounge earlier in the morning. Jim and I will be back in December this year to celebrate my 65th birthday during the same week. Maybe I will get to celebrate and share my cake with my new friend!

Nothing to do with renovations or breakfast being discontinued, you can't make an ADR more than 180 days out from your check in date. In any case when I have been there for breakfast the restaurant was always half empty, so I don't think you will have a problem getting an ADR when the system allows you to make one.

It is my 180+10 today, and I can make pretty much all but that one. (I also could have made dinner reservations there for anytime that week!) I know the restaurant is usually half empty, so that was what had me wondering if it was something else...

For what it's worth - I tried to book breakfast for my trip at the end of April and there wasn't anything available. I just chalked it up to being Star Wars race weekend so a lot of runners who are staying along the Boardwalk had booked it up for post-race breakfasts. :confused3

Thanks! I am still trying- there have been a few restaurants with technical issues occurring. Rose and Crown is one, I am hoping Trattoria is the other. I have a call in to the restaurant so hopefully will have an answer soon!

We just booked an October trip yesterday! Due to availability, we are doing a split stay with Oct 11-15 at OKW and then 15-18 at BWV in a 2 bedroom preferred view...anyone have any room request suggestions for a good view/location?

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago when I tried to make dinner reservations at 50's Prime Time. I was definitely within my window. The system only showed dinners available through May 31, then lunches only after that. I kept checking, and after about 3 weeks dinners in June did show up. Weird! I'd keep checking and/or call.

I want to add to my post above. The cast members at the Innkeepers are by far the best around and the board of directors hold their meetings there every year. They do not act any different when the board is there. The only thing they do different is open the lounge earlier in the morning. Jim and I will be back in December this year to celebrate my 65th birthday during the same week. Maybe I will get to celebrate and share my cake with my new friend!
That just answered a question that I had! We were there that same week (Hi Bluesky) and I was really surprised to see the lounge all set up for breakfast at 6:30 am instead of just coffee out. It worked out really well for us because my niece and her husband had to leave at 7:00 am to catch a plane home and they were able to have breakfast before they left. Thank you Mr. Iger!!

It surprised me, too. Of course, if WE were BI, we'd probably be staying EVERYWHERE all the time, right? What fun and I'd think of it as a fact-finding mission for educational purposes.

Well, I'm not Bob Iger, but for our trip next month, I was surprised to see availability at GA, so we decided to give it a shot. Actually, unless something changes in the next three weeks, we'll get a taste of both GF and the Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, since we couldn't get our last night in GF. It will be interesting to compare.

I just realized that unless our plans change, we will have stayed at every DVC property with the exception of Aulani and Vero Beach.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter