Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if any of the LM rooms have connecting doors? We have done the online check in, but when you look at the requests, our two rooms say adjoining rooms (no connecting door). We would love to have the connecting door because we will be traveling with DS and DDIL and the grandbabies. There are nights when we will bring them back to the room and get them ready for bed. I know they have the connecting rooms available at POP, because we had them last time. Does anyone know if they are available for the LM rooms? I know they can't guarantee this, but will usually note it if it is available. Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.

Does anyone know if any of the LM rooms have connecting doors? We have done the online check in, but when you look at the requests, our two rooms say adjoining rooms (no connecting door). We would love to have the connecting door because we will be traveling with DS and DDIL and the grandbabies. There are nights when we will bring them back to the room and get them ready for bed. I know they have the connecting rooms available at POP, because we had them last time. Does anyone know if they are available for the LM rooms? I know they can't guarantee this, but will usually note it if it is available. Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.

Yes there are LM rooms with connecting doors. Make sure you call the main reservations line and add that request to both reservation numbers. I would also make that your only request if it is really important to you.

Yes, you need to call to request connecting doors, and be kinda insistent. When I made our 2 room res. the CM I spoke to told me LM didn't have connecting rooms, only adjoining ones. When I expressed disbelief at this because all other values do, she put me on hold and then came back,on and said she had added it. Not sure, but maybe they don't make this "public" knowledge because Disney wants the larger families that stay at AoA to book suites.

We will be staying in the LM rooms.
It's our first DW Vacation as a family.

I am just wondering how long the walk is to the main building. I heard some people complain it's long and other says it's about 5 minutes.

Thanks!

We will be staying in the LM rooms.
It's our first DW Vacation as a family.

I am just wondering how long the walk is to the main building. I heard some people complain it's long and other says it's about 5 minutes.

Thanks!

The walk only took us 4-6 mins and we had 2 disabled people in our group and by no means did we rush or walk at a fast pace, we just ambled along and took in the sights.
However it really does depend on what you think of as a long walk. To me anything below 20 mins is a short walk, 20-45 a medium walk and 45+ a long walk.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the college board, but I will be starting my CP in a few weeks and this fall my friends are coming to visit me. They would like to stay in LM at AoA and my ddad seems to be under the impression that for some reason you can't get a F&F discount for LM, only for the family suites. Does anyone have experience with this? TIA!! :)

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the college board, but I will be starting my CP in a few weeks and this fall my friends are coming to visit me. They would like to stay in LM at AoA and my ddad seems to be under the impression that for some reason you can't get a F&F discount for LM, only for the family suites. Does anyone have experience with this? TIA!! :)

Whats an F&F discount? Is that for being a CM? Of so, I am not sure. I know public offers do not have LM included, but I know some other ones do include them but they are very hard to get.

My family and I, 4 adults 2 kids, 4 and 2; will be staying in a Nemo Family Suite in about ten days!! For early check in, we can do room requests. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you!! Also, does anyone know anything about there being coffee makers in the room and will the coffee get restocked daily? I can't really find that information anywhere.

For those that have stayed at AOA and used Disney Busing, what time would you advise I be at the AOA bus stop to comfortably make a 5:00 PM ADR? I know it will vary somewhat based on where the ADR is, so I'll put a couple scenarios out there...

1. How about for a basic "inside the park" ADR like at Crystal Palace in MK or Hollywood and Vine at HS?
2. How about for a bus to MK then monorail to Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare?
3. Or perhaps a bus to MK then the boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon?

Thanks in advance! :)

My family and I, 4 adults 2 kids, 4 and 2; will be staying in a Nemo Family Suite in about ten days!! For early check in, we can do room requests. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you!! Also, does anyone know anything about there being coffee makers in the room and will the coffee get restocked daily? I can't really find that information anywhere.

We left notes for housekeeping when we needed more shampoo, paper plates, and coffee. They always left plenty of whatever we requested.

Your room request depends on what you prefer. We like the bottom floor since it's easier with a stroller and hauling your suitcase to not have to deal with the elevator. Some people prefer the top floor.

1. How about for a basic "inside the park" ADR like at Crystal Palace in MK or Hollywood and Vine at HS?

At the bus stop 60 minutes prior to ADR.

2. How about for a bus to MK then monorail to Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare?

At the bus stop 90 minutes prior to ADR.

3. Or perhaps a bus to MK then the boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon?

At the bus stop 90 minutes prior to ADR.

Has anyone seen the activity schedule for May yet? I am anxious to see what movies will be shown during our stay.

Do you guys know which of the different sections would be better if we want to request that our family suite is as close as possible to a bus stop? We don't care about how far it is from the main lobby; our main goal is to get as close to a bus stop as possible. One of our 5 person party has a mobility issue and at the end of the day having a close room to the bus stops makes a HUGE difference, (she stiffens up a lot on the ride back from the park). Thanks for any info! :)

Theoretically it speeds up the check in process. Since you are preregistered your packet is printed before you arrive. When you check in, they hand you your packet and you're off.

Does anyone know if there are any downsides to online check in? Is it more difficult to fill room requests maybe since everything is done in advance, or can you still have the CM check for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter