Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in two Nemo suites starting August 15th! Can't wait :cool1: We will have 5 adults in one suite and our son, DIL and 4 grandchildren in the other!

We have an 8:05am Crystal Palace ADR. I'm trying to figure out if we should drive over or if we should ride the bus. I like the idea of driving in general because we will have two strollers and three kids as well as our "stuff" to carry around. However, I'm not sure about MK because of all the hassle of the parking, tram, monorail/ferry, etc. How were the buses from AoA to MK super early in the morning?

Any advice?

I just did my online checking! Yay! It's getting so close! I requested ground floor close to transportation. I really don't care about the noise level and actually liked being poolside on our last trip at ASMu. Anyone have any other suggestions? We are in the Nemo section.

We have an 8:05am Crystal Palace ADR. I'm trying to figure out if we should drive over or if we should ride the bus. I like the idea of driving in general because we will have two strollers and three kids as well as our "stuff" to carry around. However, I'm not sure about MK because of all the hassle of the parking, tram, monorail/ferry, etc. How were the buses from AoA to MK super early in the morning? Any advice?
I've always heard it's never worth the hassle to drive to MK. Buses are much easier.

This trip will be my family's first trip to WDW and we are staying in a LK suite July 8-July 10th. I am beyond excited!!! We are actually doing a split stay. I had a timeshare exchange credit that was going to expire in August 2014 and I finally got DH to agree on a trip to Disney to use it. We arrive on July 5th and will be staying at the timeshare until July 12th. It will be me, DH, DM, DS24 and DD14.

My DD is a huge Lion King fan and she kept telling me about the themed rooms she heard about from friends and has seen on you tube. I looked into it and decided to book 2 nights at AOA as a surprise for her. We got the military discount so the price wasn't too bad. She has no idea. She thinks we are just staying at the condo the entire time. DH thinks she will find out beforehand but I don't think so. I picked mid-week as the rates are cheaper and July 8 is a recommended park day for AK and July 9 and July 10 are recommended park days for MK according to easywdw. I'm planning to get to AOA early Tuesday morning for check-in before heading to AK for rope drop. I am really looking forward to it!!! The resort is beautiful and I can't wait to see the look on her face!

I have a luggage question. We are staying in a LK suite but will transfer to a LM for our last night. Will we have to transfer our luggage or will bell services do it for us? I imagine being a value resort they won't but I thought I would ask.

We have an 8:05am Crystal Palace ADR. I'm trying to figure out if we should drive over or if we should ride the bus. I like the idea of driving in general because we will have two strollers and three kids as well as our "stuff" to carry around. However, I'm not sure about MK because of all the hassle of the parking, tram, monorail/ferry, etc. How were the buses from AoA to MK super early in the morning?

Any advice?

When we'll stay in a LM room in August we plan on driving to MK for our 8:05am ADR at CRT. We will drive for many reasons. First is that at 7:15-7:30am we'll have a parking spot in the first rows so no tram. Also, I won't stress waiting for a bus at AoA being afraid we'll be late for our ADR and it will be easier to carry our stuff in the car. Finally, I LOVE arriving at MK on the ferry. The view of the castle from there puts me right in the Disney mood.

But even though we are planning on the driving to MK early we'll also use the bus in the afternoon for our break at the resort so our car is close by when we leave after Wishes and the dessert party. I much prefer to have my kids sleeping in their car seats waiting to leave the parking lot than waiting with them in line for a bus back to AoA with hundreds of other families.

There are elevators in the buildings correct? Are they located in the middle of the building or at the ends?

I have a luggage question. We are staying in a LK suite but will transfer to a LM for our last night. Will we have to transfer our luggage or will bell services do it for us? I imagine being a value resort they won't but I thought I would ask.

The values have Luggage Assistance instead of Bell Services. The main difference being that Luggage Assistance is not an On Demand type of service like Bell Services is. You will need to call and schedule them to come pick up your bags and store them for you until you get into your LK Suite. Once in your LK Suite, you can call them and ask them to bring you your luggage. This may take up to an hour after you call.

There are elevators in the buildings correct? Are they located in the middle of the building or at the ends?

Yes, there are elevators in each building. They are located in the "center" -- where the 3 "wings" come together -- basically the middle of the longest side of the building. There are stairwells at the end of each wing.

Any advice?

We have one at 8:15 and were wondering the same thing. We are leaning toward the bus, but are still trying to decide what time to be at the bus stop.

When we'll stay in a LM room in August we plan on driving to MK for our 8:05am ADR at CRT. We will drive for many reasons. First is that at 7:15-7:30am we'll have a parking spot in the first rows so no tram. Also, I won't stress waiting for a bus at AoA being afraid we'll be late for our ADR and it will be easier to carry our stuff in the car. Finally, I LOVE arriving at MK on the ferry. The view of the castle from there puts me right in the Disney mood.

But even though we are planning on the driving to MK early we'll also use the bus in the afternoon for our break at the resort so our car is close by when we leave after Wishes and the dessert party. I much prefer to have my kids sleeping in their car seats waiting to leave the parking lot than waiting with them in line for a bus back to AoA with hundreds of other families.

This will only be possible depending on what time MK actually opens that day of your ADR. the ferry and monorail will only start 15 minutes before MK opens, I think. they might let you on a resort monorail if you have an ADR. Otherwise, you must take the bus from the resort. We have taken the bus before and got to MK before they opened. Their is a line to the right side of the entrance just for early ADR people. You will miss all of the opening ceremonies (if they open at 8 am), but it is pure heaven walking down Main Street USA with nobody else there. When we went, Mk did not open until 9 am, we got there at 8:30, they let us in and it was so beautiful at that hour of the morning with just a few people walking around.

Great idea to take the bus back for nap. I had not thought of that. Thanks! :)

We are leaving in 18 days and headed to a LM room at AoA. Whoo Hoo! It will be my husband and myself and our daughter who will turn 16 during the trip. She has always been an Ariel fan so we thought staying in a LM room for her sweet 16 would be fun. It is our first time staying at AoA so we are really excited.

allisonwonderland17 said:
So my friend is flying in from Cali for our stay this August and I'm just curious as to the distance from AoA to MCO?

Thanks!

21 miles.

The values have Luggage Assistance instead of Bell Services. The main difference being that Luggage Assistance is not an On Demand type of service like Bell Services is. You will need to call and schedule them to come pick up your bags and store them for you until you get into your LK Suite. Once in your LK Suite, you can call them and ask them to bring you your luggage. This may take up to an hour after you call.

Thank you !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter