Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Are there any ceiling fans in the suites? I know technically values don’t have ceiling fans but I was wondering if the suites do, specifically the master bedroom.

Are there any ceiling fans in the suites? I know technically values don’t have ceiling fans but I was wondering if the suites do, specifically the master bedroom.

No ceiling fans in the suites, but you can request a box fan from housekeeping.

Does anyone know what the daily charging limit is for AoA? I have a party of 7 (3 suites) and I am paying for restaurants. 3 meals a day with one being a six down can add up fast if the limit is low. I was planning on using my magic band for meals but getting gift cards and paying down on the balance each night. Is that a good plan for that many people?

Does anyone know what the daily charging limit is for AoA? I have a party of 7 (3 suites) and I am paying for restaurants. 3 meals a day with one being a six down can add up fast if the limit is low. I was planning on using my magic band for meals but getting gift cards and paying down on the balance each night. Is that a good plan for that many people?

I don't believe there is a daily limit per se. They do put a $100 hold on your credit card and once you hit that $100, they will put another $100 hold on your card. I didn't notice that happening when we were there last June, but I only checked my credit card account once or twice during the 8 days we were there. In the past, they would charge your credit card when the room balance was approaching $1500. At least that's what happened for us...and we were usually a party of 5 or 6 (all teens/adults) so we accumulated room charges very quickly. On our trip last June we were a party of 5 adults (youngest was 17) for 8 days and our card only got charged on check-out day and our total was around $1700 so maybe they only charge your card on check-out day now since they started the $100 holds. I will say that with mobile ordering and Genie+/ILL charges all going directly to the credit card (rather than to the room), our trip last June had far fewer charges than we ever have in the past.

Last edited:
How comfortable are the pull-out couch and wall bed in the family suites? For older teens, young adults? Would there be room for a camping cot with both of these in use? My "kids" don't like sharing. LOL. We'll probably end up at Pop in two rooms, but they love the idea of staying in a Nemo suite.

How comfortable are the pull-out couch and wall bed in the family suites? For older teens, young adults? Would there be room for a camping cot with both of these in use? My "kids" don't like sharing. LOL. We'll probably end up at Pop in two rooms, but they love the idea of staying in a Nemo suite.
We stayed in this kind of room last year and are again in August. I've slept on the "wall bed". Perfectly fine. My two older teens slept on the sofa no problems. They didn't complain.

As far as sofa beds go, Disney's are pretty nice. My family has stayed in some awful hotel "sofa beds" that are completely flat when you lay on it, and we now avoid hotel rooms in general where sofa beds are necessary.

However, my daughters are perfectly fine sleeping on the sofa bed at AOA.

The Murphy bed, or "wall bed" as you call it, is the same mattress that is in the bedroom except it is a double instead of a queen. The sofa bed has a thicker mattress than most other non-disney hotels. In 2021, my, then 15yo, DS slept comfortably on it for 8 nights, and is looking forward to sleeping on it again in a few weeks.

My college age dd's don't mind either the murphy or the sofa beds and don't argue over who gets which so I assume there isn't much difference :)

When my niece is with us, we slide the sofa up against the kitchenette. This makes room for a twin-size airbed by the window between the wall and sofa bed so if the camping bed is similar in size it should fit.

As PPs have said, the murphy/wall bed is a standard mattress so comfort is a matter of whether the person sleeping on it likes the particular firmness. I found the mattress they switched to during the most recent refresh to be very nice -- probably one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I've slept on over the years. And none of my kids has complained about the sofa bed (and they have all been teens or 20-somethings when they slept on it). They will say that it's the least comfortable bed in the room, but it's the most comfortable sofa bed they've slept on in *any* hotel (and they've slept on quite a few). We often take a twin size air mattress along as none of the kids like to share a bed and there's plenty of space for it. We usually put it in front of the kitchenette, but might try moving the couch next time. Our youngest daughter prefers using the couch cushions as her bed rather than an air mattress (she still did that last year and she was 17...her feet hung off the end but she didn't care). Those cushions fit perfectly between the open sofa bed and the wall -- she called it her "cave" -- so we never had the ability to move the couch over when using the air mattress. Next time we will only have 1 or 2 "kids" in our room instead of 3 or 4 so maybe we won't even need the air mattress! :D

As PPs have said, the murphy/wall bed is a standard mattress so comfort is a matter of whether the person sleeping on it likes the particular firmness. I found the mattress they switched to during the most recent refresh to be very nice -- probably one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I've slept on over the years. And none of my kids has complained about the sofa bed (and they have all been teens or 20-somethings when they slept on it). They will say that it's the least comfortable bed in the room, but it's the most comfortable sofa bed they've slept on in *any* hotel (and they've slept on quite a few). We oftWeen take a twin size air mattress along as none of the kids like to share a bed and there's plenty of space for it. usually put it in front of the kitchenette, but might try moving the couch next time. Our youngest daughter prefers using the couch cushions as her bed rather than an air mattress (she still did that last year and she was 17...her feet hung off the end but she didn't care). Those cushions fit perfectly between the open sofa bed and the wall -- she called it her "cave" -- so we never had the ability to move the couch over when using the air mattress. Next time we will only have 1 or 2 "kids" in our room instead of 3 or 4 so maybe we won't even need the air mattress! :D

This is what we used to do until I got tired of stepping over sleeping teens to make my coffee LOL. Not sure who thought of it but if you slide the sofa bed to the right - right up against the kitchenette you have enough room for the airbed against the wall in the space your dd called the "cave". My niece really liked the privacy as well!

fwiw, placing an extra blanket to put under the airbed makes the airbed a bit more comfy and keeps it from making that plastic noise when someone moves around.

This is what we used to do until I got tired of stepping over sleeping teens to make my coffee LOL. Not sure who thought of it but if you slide the sofa bed to the right - right up against the kitchenette you have enough room for the airbed against the wall in the space your dd called the "cave". My niece really liked the privacy as well!

fwiw, placing an extra blanket to put under the airbed makes the airbed a bit more comfy and keeps it from making that plastic noise when someone moves around.

Yeah, I'm not sure why we never thought about moving the couch during the trips where we had 2 "kids" sleeping on air mattresses/couch cushions but the reality is, I don't know if it would have worked for us since we needed space for 2 floor beds. I can see where the air mattress in front of the kitchen can be an issue if you need to get to the coffee pot, but it wasn't an issue for us. DH is the only one who drinks coffee and he usually walks to the food court to get his first cup of the morning (he likes taking a little walk to wake up. :D) and if we do need to get to the kitchen, it doesn't really matter because it's time for everyone to wake up anyway. :D

I'm hoping we won't need an air mattress next time. We should only have one or two "kids" staying in our room on that trip.

Our first stay at AOA is coming up in June 4th. On our second day, I have a 7:50AM breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's. How would you guys recommend we get there? It looks like early entry to MK that day is 8:30 so I'm guessing earliest buses might be 7:30 and we would still have the walk over to the Contemporary. Seems like a Minnie Van might be the better way to go? Has anyone done this? Advice?

My 18 yr old daughter and 3 friends just got back from a quick 3 night High School Grad celebration trip. They stayed at AoA in a Finding Nemo Suite. This was our first experience with this resort, or any non-Deluxe resort. They loved everything about it. Great reports on the room decor, layout, amount of space. Great reports on resort CM service, Landscape of Flavors, the on-site shop, the huge pool, and the Skyliner, of course! Also great feedback on the bus to MK and DAK, which they reported as being quick and efficient. Group included 2 boys and 2 girls. Girls took the bedroom and attached bath and boys slept on the pull-out and Murphy bed and used the bathroom in the main area. I'd applied a discount when booking, which brought the resort pricing in line vs. booking 2 separate rooms at All Stars. (My requirement was separate space for the girls and the boys). I'm very happy with the choice of AoA for this High School Grad teens' trip. Thanks to all on this board, where I got a ton of great information prior to the trip.

Checking into AOA in 17 days 😁

Question for anyone who has been there recently: The website/app shows that LOF opens at 7am. Does any part open before 7am to access coffee, drink machines or grab n go items?

I’m an early morning walker and coffee runner, and I was hoping I might be able to stop by and pick up some grab n go items for a quick breakfast while the fam gets ready in the morning.

Checking into AOA in 17 days 😁

Question for anyone who has been there recently: The website/app shows that LOF opens at 7am. Does any part open before 7am to access coffee, drink machines or grab n go items?

I’m an early morning walker and coffee runner, and I was hoping I might be able to stop by and pick up some grab n go items for a quick breakfast while the fam gets ready in the morning.
We checked out of AOA on 6/21 from a 9 day stay. I am the same way. I like the early morning coffee run while the rest of my party is getting ready. Unfortunately, there was no access LOF before 7. All the doors remained locked/shuttered until just before 7. Sometimes, they would open a few minutes early.

We checked out of AOA on 6/21 from a 9 day stay. I am the same way. I like the early morning coffee run while the rest of my party is getting ready. Unfortunately, there was no access LOF before 7. All the doors remained locked/shuttered until just before 7. Sometimes, they would open a few minutes early.
Thank you, that’s good to know at least so I can plan accordingly. Maybe we’ll just grab some items the night before and request extra coffee supplies for the room. 😁

Thank you, that’s good to know at least so I can plan accordingly. Maybe we’ll just grab some items the night before and request extra coffee supplies for the room. 😁

We usually walk through the food court on our way back from the parks and grab whatever we need for breakfast the next morning. My husband is the only one who drinks coffee so we don't usually have supply issues there. :D

At AoA and Pop Century the Shop and Food Court are connected so they have to have the same hours.

Conversely at the All-Star Resorts the Shop and Food Court are separate so they are able to have 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter