Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hi. Do the suites still have the freezer compartment in the refrigerator??
They used to and a few rooms still had them during the renovation a few years back. I believe all of the fridges with a freezer compartment have now been removed. We take a soft sided cooler and take ziplock bags to put fish sticks (in plastic package) to store in the fridge (ice is readily available).

FFACC3C3-38E8-475D-8C45-C3D9CAFB632C.jpeg

You can request a freezer for medical purposes but we never got one to store food for kids with allergies and their medication (Nemo suites).

Which Finding Nemo building is best for being close to a parking lot? Building 4 or Building 5? I have only stayed in Lion King so I am torn. Plus can you get a luggage cart from bell services to haul your luggage and groceries yourself or are there luggage carts available somewhere around the resort without waiting for bell services?

I would think building 4. Touring plans has a great overview of the rooms. I’ve never gotten a room that I requested with Touring plans but I have by calling directly (same room or near orig request) and adding a room request to my reservation.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-art-of-animation-resort

I don’t believe you can get a luggage cart (guests wouldn’t return them and they are a tripping hazard). You can ask bell services to deliver your luggage to your room (budget 3 hours). We roll our luggage ourselves to save the hassle.

Although bell services will be happy to assist, be aware that they are understaffed (1-3 people working) and you have to wait in the line that has everyone checking in and checking out (budget 30+ mins from Mears pickup/drop off) to drop off/pickup your luggage. It has sometimes taken us 40 mins if we arrived mid morning and wanted to head off to a park.

I believe they did allow luggage cart usage during the pandemic when bell services couldn’t touch luggage.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/luggage-carts.3666221/

Last edited:

Disney does charge for parking-they have been for a while now and parking is for hotel guests only. You can’t just visit the resort and park. But can take transportation from Disney Springs.

Last edited:

Which Finding Nemo building is best for being close to a parking lot? Building 4 or Building 5? I have only stayed in Lion King so I am torn. Plus can you get a luggage cart from bell services to haul your luggage and groceries yourself or are there luggage carts available somewhere around the resort without waiting for bell services?

I think both of the Nemo buildings are about an equal distance from a parking lot. If you're in Bldg. 4, you'd probably want to park in the Cars area parking lot and in Bldg. 5 you'll want to park in the LK area parking lot. I will say that after staying in LK a few times and then staying in Nemo, it felt like a *hike* to the parking lot when we were unloading and loading the car. It really wasn't *that* far, but compared to being in LK Bldg. 10 and parking right outside the door, it was a long walk. I was happy to be back in a LK suite on the next trip. :D I'll just mention that we requested (and got) Bldg. 5 when we stayed in Nemo. The reason I wanted Bldg. 5 was that it was closer to the food court and we use the refillable mugs *a lot*. It also seemed a little closer to the bus stops as we could easily cut through the food court or walk around the outside of the building if we got dropped off at the far end of the bus stops. That's not as big of an issue now that Skyliner is used for 2 of the parks.

We've stayed at AoA 5 times since the resort opened and we've never had an issue borrowing a luggage cart from Bell Services so that we could unload and load our car ourselves (never had a problem at ASMo or Pop Century, either). I will say that the procedure/requirements seem to change every time we're there, though. Sometimes they want you to leave an ID & credit card at Bell Services until you return the cart; sometimes they just want an ID; sometimes they just write down the info from an ID; and sometimes they just say, "Here...take this one. Please bring it back when you're finished." So my advice is that when you go to borrow a cart, take a credit card and an ID with you just so you have everything they *might* want. :)

I think both of the Nemo buildings are about an equal distance from a parking lot. If you're in Bldg. 4, you'd probably want to park in the Cars area parking lot and in Bldg. 5 you'll want to park in the LK area parking lot. I will say that after staying in LK a few times and then staying in Nemo, it felt like a *hike* to the parking lot when we were unloading and loading the car. It really wasn't *that* far, but compared to being in LK Bldg. 10 and parking right outside the door, it was a long walk. I was happy to be back in a LK suite on the next trip. :D I'll just mention that we requested (and got) Bldg. 5 when we stayed in Nemo. The reason I wanted Bldg. 5 was that it was closer to the food court and we use the refillable mugs *a lot*. It also seemed a little closer to the bus stops as we could easily cut through the food court or walk around the outside of the building if we got dropped off at the far end of the bus stops. That's not as big of an issue now that Skyliner is used for 2 of the parks.

We've stayed at AoA 5 times since the resort opened and we've never had an issue borrowing a luggage cart from Bell Services so that we could unload and load our car ourselves (never had a problem at ASMo or Pop Century, either). I will say that the procedure/requirements seem to change every time we're there, though. Sometimes they want you to leave an ID & credit card at Bell Services until you return the cart; sometimes they just want an ID; sometimes they just write down the info from an ID; and sometimes they just say, "Here...take this one. Please bring it back when you're finished." So my advice is that when you go to borrow a cart, take a credit card and an ID with you just so you have everything they *might* want. :)
Seriously? They want a credit card and an ID to use a luggage cart? Do they think someone is going to steal it!? Ive stayed at many hotels where luggage carts are left purposely in hallways etc. so its easy to grab one if you need it.

Seriously? They want a credit card and an ID to use a luggage cart? Do they think someone is going to steal it!? Ive stayed at many hotels where luggage carts are left purposely in hallways etc. so its easy to grab one if you need it.

They haven't asked for a credit card the last 2 times we were there, but I always take one with me when we go to borrow a cart so I don't have to walk all the way back to the room to get it if they want one. I don't think they are afraid of you stealing the cart. They just know that most people won't bother to bring them back to bell services when they're finished with them unless there's an "incentive" to do it. When people don't return the carts, the already understaffed bell services department needs to send cast members out to walk through all floors of all buildings to find the carts so they have them to make luggage deliveries.

Hi all, do the renovated family suites still have the mini refrigerators or did they switch out to the beverage coolers? We had a beverage cooler at Pop last year and I didn't like it because it didn't keep some things cold enough. Planning a family trip next year and I was hoping the suites still had the mini fridge ( I don't need the freezer section, just want a cold fridge.) Thanks!

Hi all, do the renovated family suites still have the mini refrigerators or did they switch out to the beverage coolers? We had a beverage cooler at Pop last year and I didn't like it because it didn't keep some things cold enough. Planning a family trip next year and I was hoping the suites still had the mini fridge ( I don't need the freezer section, just want a cold fridge.) Thanks!

The fridge we had in Nemo a few weeks ago was plenty cold enough. The gallon water jugs I kept in there ended up with a little ice in them!

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that! Now if Disney would just give a REALLY good discount for the rooms! :tink:
We went when the resort opened for $189 for a Nemo suite (2014/15? With Disney Visa offer). Good old days. We still love the resort and have paid over $700 a night recently. This upcoming trip we used the disney+ discount (applied to our existing package). The Skyliner access gives it an edge.

Now if they only went back and changed the QS menu to include different cuisines other than the plain burgers and pizza at other values (they used to make naan bread in house).

We went when the resort opened for $189 for a Nemo suite (2014/15? With Disney Visa offer). Good old days. We still love the resort and have paid over $700 a night recently. This upcoming trip we used the disney+ discount (applied to our existing package). The Skyliner access gives it an edge.

Now if they only went back and changed the QS menu to include different cuisines other than the plain burgers and pizza at other values (they used to make naan bread in house).

Wow! That was a great price! We stayed for the first time in 2014 too but we had free dining which was a better deal than the %off discount that was offered at the time. We love the resort and the skyliner. I completely agree about the food court. It was so much better with the other cuisine choices!

Hi, does anyone know what the rule is for morning line up for the Skyliner with POP and AoA? One trip, a line formed on each side of the bridge, and the cast members alternated moving the lines. The last trip, everyone was in line on the side of POP, so people coming from AoA had to walk slightly further. Does it just depend on how people decide to get in line? Also, just a FYI, lines seemed to be forming each morning just before 7 am.

Hi, does anyone know what the rule is for morning line up for the Skyliner with POP and AoA? One trip, a line formed on each side of the bridge, and the cast members alternated moving the lines. The last trip, everyone was in line on the side of POP, so people coming from AoA had to walk slightly further. Does it just depend on how people decide to get in line? Also, just a FYI, lines seemed to be forming each morning just before 7 am.
I’ve only seen the lineups on one side by pop. Usually people lineup around 6:45-ish

The line curves towards POP because they need to keep the exit line clear. It’s a little annoying because that line can get really long. It does move fast once it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter