Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Staying at AOA in Lion King Suite and I am looking for information on which building you prefer and why as well as which floor you preferred. TIA.
We just stayed in 6 and really liked the location. Third floor. We faced one of the Nemo buildings but looking to our left a little we could see the skyliner station. It was convenient to the skyliner and main building!

Staying at AOA in Lion King Suite and I am looking for information on which building you prefer and why as well as which floor you preferred. TIA.
I’m a big first floor advocate. The elevators aren’t super convenient so you may have a long walk to the elevator and then a long walk back the way you came on any other floor. First floor you just walk to your room.

We've stayed in the LK suites 4 times.

Our first stay was bldg. 10, 4th floor, Rm. 0838. Convenient location right by Animation Hall but the elevators are in the center of the building so it was a lot of extra walking if we wanted to use them. We ended up using the stairs most of the time (we were right by the staircase closet to Animation Hall) because it was faster. We had a parking lot view but we were fine with that (it gave us a great view of the fireworks at DHS every night). Most of the time our view was actually of the trees around the parking lot. If we wanted to actually see the parking lot we had to walk right up to the window and look down. While I didn't really mind this location, it wasn't my favorite simply because it was 4th floor (which we had requested in hopes of it being quiet).

Second stay was Bldg. 6, 2nd floor, Rm. 6609. Good location facing the courtyard but the general view was of the upper floors of Bldg. 10 unless we walked right up to the window. Easy walk to Animation Hall and the bus stops. Quiet location (we've never had an issue with noise in any of our locations). Used the stairs all the time since it was only one flight. I would stay in this location again.

Third stay was Bldg. 6, first floor, Rm. 6501. I thought this would be a noisy room because it's right by the main entrance of the building and also close to the elevators. Noise was not a problem. There is a janitors closet between this room and the lobby so I think that buffered the noise. The view was of the courtyard but was generally just thick vegetation with glimpses of the open area. Not an issue for us because being on the 1st floor, we kept our curtains closed most of the time. The vegetation also blocked the hot sun from beating in our room. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this room again.

Fourth stay was also Bldg. 6, first floor, Rm 6523. This was a great location for us as it's close to the back door and it was convenient for getting to the Skyliner (which we used *a lot* during our stay). It was very quiet there. The view was of the LM building and the grassy area between the buildings but we could also see the lake and the Skyliner if we looked to the side. I think this was my favorite LK location so far and will probably request a room on this hallway if we stay here on our next Disney trip.

I used the Touring Plans room request service for all 4 of these locations (as well as our location in the Nemo section) and always got either the exact room requested or the one next door. I always indicate in the comments that I don't need the specific room requested, just one in that general area of the building and floor. I will always request 1st floor now -- I like the convenience. We fortunately have always had quiet neighbors above us. On one stay there must have been a child bouncing a ball in the room above us but that lasted about 15 seconds. I'm guessing a parent put an end to it as soon as it started. :D

Are the animation drawing classes still offered at the resort and does anyone have the times ? Thanks.

Probably a dumb question, but... Are the Family Suites equipped with any dinnerware/cutlery? If not, I can pack paper plates, bowls, etc.

Probably a dumb question, but... Are the Family Suites equipped with any dinnerware/cutlery? If not, I can pack paper plates, bowls, etc.

There are paper plates, bowls, cups, and plastic utensils in the room. They were always refilled by housekeeping daily but now -- depending on how often housekeeping does your room -- you might have to call for more supplies if you run out before they refill.

There are paper plates, bowls, cups, and plastic utensils in the room. They were always refilled by housekeeping daily but now -- depending on how often housekeeping does your room -- you might have to call for more supplies if you run out before they refill.
But do remember to take a microwave safe cup (and/or plate) and some dish soap/sponge unless you’re only eating cold cereal for breakfast. You can’t bring a toaster but there is one at the food court. We order some dish soap from garden grocers (in addition to breakfast/snacks/fish sticks). Milk (half gallon) is available for purchase in the food court.

But do remember to take a microwave safe cup (and/or plate) and some dish soap/sponge unless you’re only eating cold cereal for breakfast. You can’t bring a toaster but there is one at the food court. We order some dish soap from garden grocers (in addition to breakfast/snacks/fish sticks). Milk (half gallon) is available for purchase in the food court.
Excellent suggestions, thank you!

I usually grab these from the food court - (with their blessing) and return when we check out. We have always had dish soap and a dishtowel provided in the mini kitchen.

I usually grab these from the food court - (with their blessing) and return when we check out. We have always had dish soap and a dishtowel provided in the mini kitchen.
We have never been provided with dish soap and sponge in the Nemo/Lion King rooms. Here is a more recent review and I don’t see them. The Polynesian suite did have dish soap, sponge, can opener and toaster.

Ps: all the fridges with freezers have been removed with the upgrade (we haven’t seen one since the upgrade) and replaced with fridge only.

Last edited:
Here are some answers from plandisney

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...oiletries-family-suites-art-animation-412943/

That said, we just came back from a cruise and used the bath shower gel (did pack dish soap but couldn’t find it when needed) and you could make do/due with a small hand towel (or the bounty paper towel provided) to wash large cups. The soap leaves no bad after taste and washed away completely (has a citrus fragrance).

We have never been provided with dish soap and sponge in the Nemo/Lion King rooms. Here is a more recent review and I don’t see them. The Polynesian suite did have dish soap, sponge, can opener and toaster.

Ps: all the fridges with freezers have been removed with the upgrade (we haven’t seen one since the upgrade) and replaced with fridge only.

Interesting, we haven't gotten sponges but there was a small "dish rag" and a mini bottle of dish soap. The soap was kind of wrapped in the towel on display! We have always been in a Nemo room; I will pack some for our May trip just in case. I do wish there was a toaster in the value suites......

I'm not clear on what you're grabbing from the food court and returning when you check out??? I've grabbed some extra plastic ware and napkins from the food court, but can't imagine what I would grab from there and *return* when we check out.

Like others, we've also never had dish soap or a dish towel provided (5 stays at the resort). There are always paper towels, but that's it as far as kitchen cleaning supplies. I always check under the sink to see if there's anything there, too.

I'm not clear on what you're grabbing from the food court and returning when you check out??? I've grabbed some extra plastic ware and napkins from the food court, but can't imagine what I would grab from there and *return* when we check out.

Like others, we've also never had dish soap or a dish towel provided (5 stays at the resort). There are always paper towels, but that's it as far as kitchen cleaning supplies. I always check under the sink to see if there's anything there, too.

The poster I quoted mentioned bringing microwave safe dishware - I simply said you can get these in the food court instead.
AOA has real dishes and silverware; therefore, I do return them to the dirty plate bin before we check out.

Just posting my experience - not interested the arguing and contradictions so I am /out/

The poster I quoted mentioned bringing microwave safe dishware - I simply said you can get these in the food court instead.
AOA has real dishes and silverware; therefore, I do return them to the dirty plate bin before we check out.

Just posting my experience - not interested the arguing and contradictions so I am /out/
Thanks this info is really helpful for us because we need to heat up allergy safe fish sticks in a microwave safe plate. We’ve been going for over a decade and I didn’t know that I could get a microwave safe plate from the food court to use through our stay. I believe the microwave plate was not removable to wash.

One less thing to pack on our next trip.

Not sure who you think was trying to argue. I simply asked a question. You never said it was *dishware* that you were getting from the food court (the post you were quoting mentioned microwave safe plates/cups, dish soap, sponges, and a toaster. None of those items are just setting out to "grab" from the food court. I guess my secret decoder ring wasn't working when I read your post. Sorry my simple question upset you so much.

But I'd love to figure out why you always have dish soap and a dish towel in your mini kitchen at AoA and no one else ever has. I do usually put one of the hand towels from the bathroom there, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter