Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

First time traveling with a group. We currently have 6 preferred rooms booked for 16 people. They were all booked together so I assume they are "linked". What would be the best thing to do so increase our chances of getting rooms close together? We will all be arriving at different times from MCO. With the kids, it would just be easier if we were close together. Thanks!

Your only request should be to be in proximity to each other. I would call Disney directly to make sure it's noted in your reservation. You're still not guaranteed, but if the room assigners know that's your only request, hopefully they'll try to accommodate as best they can.

Does anyone know what the walking distance is between Music and Sports, and Music and Movies (we will be staying at Music)? We read that you can share the food courts, buses, and pools but are wondering how far of a walk that is in minutes/miles. Our kids are older so walking usually isn't an issue...

Thanks for your help! We are looking forward to trying a new resort for this years vacation and want to learn as much as we can about the All-Stars :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the walking distance is between Music and Sports, and Music and Movies (we will be staying at Music)? We read that you can share the food courts, buses, and pools but are wondering how far of a walk that is in minutes/miles. Our kids are older so walking usually isn't an issue...

Thanks for your help! We are looking forward to trying a new resort for this years vacation and want to learn as much as we can about the All-Stars :)
Depending on starting and ending points,it is 2-10 minutes from Music to Sports and 2-10 minutes from Music to Movies.:)

Just booked ASMu!! I have stayed for over night trips but never for 5 nights.
I thought I booked preferred but realized i booked standard. :scared:
This is the result of predawn booking.
How has everyone enjoyed their long stay?

Can anyone tell me about the bus stop at the resort? Is it out in the hot blazing sun or is there shade? We stayed at Pop years ago and have not been back because of the bus stop at the resort. Thanks.

Just booked ASMu!! I have stayed for over night trips but never for 5 nights.
I thought I booked preferred but realized i booked standard. :scared:
This is the result of predawn booking.
How has everyone enjoyed their long stay?

We stayed last time we had 4 nights, but we were in a suite. I enjoyed the property and took the time to explore and take it all in. I loved it. The food court gets a little boring after while, especially if there are only a few options that appeal, but we ate in the parks too, so we had a break.

Can anyone tell me about the bus stop at the resort? Is it out in the hot blazing sun or is there shade? We stayed at Pop years ago and have not been back because of the bus stop at the resort. Thanks.

The bus stops are not covered, but there are areas to escape the sun when not waiting in line. If it's not super busy, you can stay in the shade until the bus arrives. I've never been to Pop, but I actually like the bus stops at ASMu because they have an actual line, so when it's REALLY busy, it's organized vs. a mad dash for the doors!

Depending on starting and ending points,it is 2-10 minutes from Music to Sports and 2-10 minutes from Music to Movies.:)

Thank you! Is there a building that you would recommend us "requesting" (knowing fair well it isn't a given) that is in the Standard section?

The bus stops are not covered, but there are areas to escape the sun when not waiting in line. If it's not super busy, you can stay in the shade until the bus arrives. I've never been to Pop, but I actually like the bus stops at ASMu because they have an actual line, so when it's REALLY busy, it's organized vs. a mad dash for the doors!
Thanks.

Thank you! Is there a building that you would recommend us "requesting" (knowing fair well it isn't a given) that is in the Standard section?

My sister and I adored the Broadway section for both style and compromise of location. It's not close to the main building, but it was close to the Piano pool and either Movies or Sports (I can't remember which right now). Hoping for it for our November trip!

My sister and I adored the Broadway section for both style and compromise of location. It's not close to the main building, but it was close to the Piano pool and either Movies or Sports (I can't remember which right now). Hoping for it for our November trip!

How long was the walk to the main building?

How long was the walk to the main building?

I'm from Chicago and had never had a car when we went, so keep that in mind! I never minded the walk, so I don't think it could have been more than 5-8 minutes. We were there in June, so any longer than that would have been very uncomfortable. Again, though, we both walk a lot, so YMMV. You do walk through Jazz, though, which has really pretty landscaping, and past the main pool which is just fun, so it's a nice walk! We also at least once took the bus back to Movies/Sports (again, I don't remember which) and walked to Broadway from there as that bus came before ours. Worked out well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter