Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a standard room. I want to do on line check in. Which section would you you pick to be close to the main building? Should I pick Calypso or near transportation?

We booked a standard room. I want to do on line check in. Which section would you you pick to be close to the main building? Should I pick Calypso or near transportation?

Calypso is preferred. The online check-in will still list Calypso as a section choice regardless of your booking; the system doesn't have the logic to tie the online requests to what you have booked.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Claypso and Jazz Inn are Preferred.

I would just go with "close to transportation".

So excited! Just booked our first family vacation to WDW in end of November. I have been to WDW 6 times , but not since 2005. Also, we frequent Disneyland, and we surprised the kids with our first WDW vacation! We are booked the family suites.

Just returned and had a great stay except for one issue.

Resort was not overly crowded but there were a few obvious groups but they all appeared to be smaller than some I've seen before. There were no noise issues at any time. Staff were great. I never did eat at the food court but I was there off and on to refill my mug and I never saw huge lines and there were tables available, so only moderately busy. Transportation was fine. There were maybe two times that the bus came with people already on it but we didn't ever go over to Movies so maybe only Music and Sports were sharing during the slower times. I did take the Movies bus back to the resort one night as it were the first to arrive and I just walked over to Music from there. I stopped by the food court and was going to fill my mug and it was more crowded than Music so I think they might have been more heavily booked.

For the first time I had to go to the Front Desk and ask to be moved. I had the bypass the Front Desk text so I went straight to my room (standard Broadway section building #7) My requests were first floor and close to transportation. I did get a first floor and my room was ready on arrival at 2:30.

The room smelled a little of mildew...not unusual for Florida, but within 5 minutes I had a reaction (sore throat and bronchioles tightened up) so left the room immediately and went to the front to ask for a room change. I'm allergic to mold, dust/dust mites and some trees. Pretty good bet it was mold. I did look around and there was some discoloration to the grout around the toilet, but it could have been anywhere.

They moved me (to another ready room) that was even further back (country Fair building #6) in the resort but was apparently mold/dust free because I had not problems for the rest of my stay. I could have moved to Rock which would have been slightly closer, but it was 3 floor and I'd rather walk a little further back then be on the top floor.

Anyway it was all good in the end and I'm sure I'll stay again.

Can someone who has done online check in recently tell me what the room request options were for a standard room?

Here are the All-Star Music room location request choices listed during my online check-in today. (I did screen shots to have the full list of nine choices appear; in my browser these fields scroll.)

Three out of five sections (Broadway, Calyspo [sic], Country Fair) are request-able here (no Rock or Jazz).

I have a standard room reservation.

upload_2017-2-13_14-47-21.png

Here are the All-Star Music room location request choices listed during my online check-in today. (I did screen shots to have the full list of nine choices appear; in my browser these fields scroll.)

Three out of five sections (Broadway, Calyspo [sic], Country Fair) are request-able here (no Rock or Jazz).

I have a standard room reservation.

View attachment 220017
Thanks!

I booked ASMu for our August trip and have requested Rm 7505 through Touringplan. Has anyone requested rooms before with Touringplan? What else can I do to make my room request more likely to succeed?

I booked ASMu for our August trip and have requested Rm 7505 through Touringplan. Has anyone requested rooms before with Touringplan? What else can I do to make my room request more likely to succeed?
I have requested rooms with TP several times and never really get what I requested. I do enjoy using TP to see what the views are like from different rooms. I also make requests through MDE Good luck with your request!!

I have requested rooms with TP several times and never really get what I requested. I do enjoy using TP to see what the views are like from different rooms. I also make requests through MDE Good luck with your request!!

How long before check in are you able to request rooms in MDE?

How long before check in are you able to request rooms in MDE?

You can do online check-in via My Disney Experience at 60 days prior to your arrival. At that time you can choose from a set of room location requests -- my post #1188 above shows what was available to me during my recent experience.

Just booked ASMu for Nov 27- Dec 6! I am still hoping for free dining but this is the back up plan and I am kind of liking it. Got to work the numbers but this might save me some money anyway. I've only stayed at WDW once and it was CSR so I'll be reading this thread but just excited and wanted to share! Anything I should definitely know about ASMu?

You can do online check-in via My Disney Experience at 60 days prior to your arrival. At that time you can choose from a set of room location requests -- my post #1188 above shows what was available to me during my recent experience.

Great. Thanks.

First time traveling with a group. We currently have 6 preferred rooms booked for 16 people. They were all booked together so I assume they are "linked". What would be the best thing to do so increase our chances of getting rooms close together? We will all be arriving at different times from MCO. With the kids, it would just be easier if we were close together. Thanks!

So excited to come back! I stayed here on my first Disney trip with my sister (a music education major...so DUH!!!), and we had a blast. Coming back with my boyfriend's family in November!

During my visit to All-Star Music this past week, you could (generally) find towels stocked at the lifeguard stations at the Calypso and Piano pools. I'd still recommend taking towels from your room to the pools (one visit to the Piano pool, the towels were not there/all taken), but it was nice to grab some extras at the pools when they were available.

At the Piano pool:
upload_2017-4-23_11-35-10.jpeg

During my visit to All-Star Music this past week, you could (generally) find towels stocked at the lifeguard stations at the Calypso and Piano pools. I'd still recommend taking towels from your room to the pools (one visit to the Piano pool, the towels were not there/all taken), but it was nice to grab some extras at the pools when they were available.

At the Piano pool:
View attachment 232774
Awesome,maybe they are going to eventually put out the "Pool Towel carts" that Grand Slam and Surfboard Bay have.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter