• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyQuest to close July 3rd, 2017

We have a hard time spending more than a few hours without wanting to move on to a new attraction. But I have all girls. perhaps boys would be different.

My son and I enjoy DQ every year. We are both very much into video games, especially retro ones. So it is a lot of fun just to play the old '80s arcade classics. We do the tickets that have the extra water park and Disney Quest admissions, so we don't pay at the gate to get in to DQ. I'm happy to see that we may get to go one last time before it is gone for good.

It's honestly too bad that the NBA City project is rumored to not work out. I thought that could have had legs especially with the ESPN/Disney and NBA relationship, the Orlando Magic having a pro team right in town, and the fact that this was going to be a much more immersive expirence than the failed NBA City Grill concept over at Universal's City Walk.

I wonder if a sports-themed (ESPN?) mega bar and restaurant would work in that building- something kind of like what has taken shape for the NBC Sports Grill and Brew over at City Walk? That's been a pretty big success thus far out of the gate seems like. Disney Springs is shifting right now to a much higher level of vacationer in terms of the level of dining spending with placing like STK, Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, etc... Seems like what is missing is a sports bar/grill concept?

How true are the rumors of NBA City not coming now (despite tons of official announcements 6 months ago?).

I mean .. I can't see (personally) it really having any legs, but it seems like Disney Springs could use some sports-themed restaurant .. I just don't think the NBA is it. Basketball (when you include college) is pretty popular, but the NBA as a league just doesn't seem to have the popularity in the mainstream public like the NFL or NBA does ..

How true are the rumors of NBA City not coming now (despite tons of official announcements 6 months ago?).

I mean .. I can't see (personally) it really having any legs, but it seems like Disney Springs could use some sports-themed restaurant .. I just don't think the NBA is it. Basketball (when you include college) is pretty popular, but the NBA as a league just doesn't seem to have the popularity in the mainstream public like the NFL or NBA does ..
From everything I've seen pretty true since we haven't heard anything more about it or about Disney Quests closure.

DQ is NOT included for 2016. It was replaced by WWOS.

@figmentfan423 OOPS! So sorry for the misinformation! That's a bummer, as we were planning to go in November. Maybe they will add it back?

ETA: @Budshark I did check the ticketing page and DQ is not listed as part of the "Water Parks Fun and More" option. But, on the DQ page, it says that Admission may be included with certain ticket types."

ETA (2): Just called Guest Services and it is NOT included. Totally disappointed!

Last edited:
Will my WP+more ticket get me in in 2016?

Is that confirmed? I'm still seeing that water park and more gets you in so far in 2016. I believe it's not advertised since they planned on closing it, but they didn't take away access.

@figmentfan423 OOPS! So sorry for the misinformation! That's a bummer, as we were planning to go in November. Maybe they will add it back?

ETA: @Budshark I did check the ticketing page and DQ is not listed as part of the "Water Parks Fun and More" option. But, on the DQ page, it says that Admission may be included with certain ticket types."

My old AP (pre-changes) does get you in, my DS renewed AP one does not let him in.

Old Water Parks and More should still let you in, new ones purchased after new tickets introduced probably not.

It is NOT listed as one of the options on the Disney website for future purchases. This was changed when the new AP's were released in Oct.

Now could they still let you in even though not listed if they delay closure, maybe .... but I wouldn't count on it.

They have right to refuse certain tickets. Will they? Who knows at this point.

It was removed from the page since they planned on closing it - didn't want to advertise a feature that would go away. But so far no one has been turned away if they have the WP+M option. It is unclear - not something to bank on as it can change any day, but as of 1/5 - they still let people in. Would be nice to get an official stance, but not sure you will. I'm sure if they reach a point that attendance is so low turning off the power saves them money they want to reserve that right.

That day is likely coming sooner than later.

Edit - Hopper answered. They changed it based on pass so the reports must all be older passes.

It was removed from the page since they planned on closing it - didn't want to advertise a feature that would go away. But so far no one has been turned away if they have the WP+M option. It is unclear - not something to bank on as it can change any day, but as of 1/5 - they still let people in. Would be nice to get an official stance, but not sure you will. I'm sure if they reach a point that attendance is so low turning off the power saves them money they want to reserve that right.

That day is likely coming sooner than later.

Edit - Hopper answered. They changed it based on pass so the reports must all be older passes.

Yeah, technically - Me and one DS can still get in on our Premium AP. They told me in October if I upgraded my AP to the current one in order to get the Photopass Option then I would have to give up my entry into DQ. When my other DS renewed his pass in December he was told if he got Platinum Plus then it would not include DQ. Since he only goes to a water park at most 1 time a year, doesn't play golf, only goes to WWOS as a coach (free) and we get AP discounts on mini-golf - Plus just didn't have enough value. He downgraded to a Platinum.

So yes, any of us with old PAPs, no expire tickets with options, tickets with WPM purchased prior to Oct can all still go in no question.

My old AP (pre-changes) does get you in, my DS renewed AP one does not let him in.

Old Water Parks and More should still let you in, new ones purchased after new tickets introduced probably not.

It is NOT listed as one of the options on the Disney website for future purchases. This was changed when the new AP's were released in Oct.

Now could they still let you in even though not listed if they delay closure, maybe .... but I wouldn't count on it.

They have right to refuse certain tickets. Will they? Who knows at this point.
I bought my tickets before the change and have my reciept. I'm now wondering if it will work?

I could be wrong about this, but I believe DQ was removed from package tickets when packages were released last summer. Not sure if that affected normal tickets at that time or not.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe DQ was removed from package tickets when packages were released last summer. Not sure if that affected normal tickets at that time or not.

If true, thats means my family has stepped foot in DQ for the last time.

The only reason we've ever gone is because it was included with our pkg and it was "free" to go inside. There is zero chance we would pay the $40-$50 a head to go in there for a couple hours. I would have to guess that the attendance is waaaaay down if this is true.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but DS could use a sports themed facility for sure. We spent alot of time at NBC Sports Bar and Grill at Citywalk during our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter