• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyQuest to close July 3rd, 2017

If true, thats means my family has stepped foot in DQ for the last time.

The only reason we've ever gone is because it was included with our pkg and it was "free" to go inside. There is zero chance we would pay the $40-$50 a head to go in there for a couple hours. I would have to guess that the attendance is waaaaay down if this is true.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but DS could use a sports themed facility for sure. We spent alot of time at NBC Sports Bar and Grill at Citywalk during our last trip.
It has definitely been removed from the voucher booklet. That change was made when 2016 packages were released.

It has definitely been removed from the voucher booklet. That change was made when 2016 packages were released.

That's interesting. I'm curious how much this will affect the attendance. I'm under the impression that at least half the people who go in there were in the same boat as us, but I have no proof of that.

Frankly, I found it strange that they charged admission in the first place. Usually those places operate using the cards and points. But, given the size and the amount and types of games, there probably was no way it could have made it.

Ugh! I'm so frustrated about this as one of my boys does not like a whole lot about Disney - very few rides, no characters (was terrified even as a baby!). But he LOVED DQ. But better to know now than showing up at the door and being told.

I am elated the NBA city idea is dead. I work in mass transit and every time the NBA has some sort of special event in town the vandalism and assaults on our vehicles sky rocket - not so with NFL (which draws a lot more people), MLB (about the same number of people), or NHL (quite a few less people). Perhaps they should turn it over to some other family entertainment center company to run as a 3rd party. Disney seems to be doing a good job of getting more people into Disney Springs of late.

I personally think that they should use the space as a highly themed Marvel character meal. I mean, it would be a restaurant and outside of the theme park, so it would work around the Islands of Adventure thing.

New rumor with a few people backing it on wdwmagic. Disney Quest won't be closing until 2017 as they figure out what to do with the building as the NBA City concept has fallen through.
I suppose I can continue to walk right past DQ without stopping for another year or two. :scratchin

Seriously, I'm amazed that people still go there and that Disney finds it necessary to keep it open when at least if they shut it down they wouldn't have to pay the CM's or the electric bills for that place. Can they actually be making enough money at DQ to cover their costs?

I suppose I can continue to walk right past DQ without stopping for another year or two. :scratchin

Seriously, I'm amazed that people still go there and that Disney finds it necessary to keep it open when at least if they shut it down they wouldn't have to pay the CM's or the electric bills for that place. Can they actually be making enough money at DQ to cover their costs?
I'm sure enough people still go to keep it open. If people didn't it would have closed a while ago.

Why not make it a Dave and Busters type place? That's sort of what it was. Just needs updates.
There is a Dave and busters not to far off property. Disney wants a third party to come in and cover costs that's why it's sat in this state for so long with no updates.

Frankly, I found it strange that they charged admission in the first place. Usually those places operate using the cards and points. But, given the size and the amount and types of games, there probably was no way it could have made it.

Ugh! I'm so frustrated about this as one of my boys does not like a whole lot about Disney - very few rides, no characters (was terrified even as a baby!). But he LOVED DQ. But better to know now than showing up at the door and being told.

That's actually how it was when it first opened...although I think there still was a very small admission charge and you had to buy points before they'd let you in.

DQ had a big problem IMO with guests not really understanding what it is, and having a large blank building without much indication of what's inside, except a really crappy quality TV screen didn't help much.

That and it not being updated for 20 years, besides a couple of closures and one replacement....I wish they'd freshen it up and advertise it better.

My family is going in May, and we were hoping to see it one last time before it closes... Hopefully we can! Doesn't sound like it's in good shape, right now.

I just contacted Disney's Travelcompany (the U.K. version since I live in Europe) to ask about our Disney 'Ultimate' tickets and wether DisneyQuest is still included in this U.K. version of the water parks and more tickets. It took them a good 20 minutes to come up with an answer, but they came back with the answer that, since Disney has given no official announcements about whether DisneyQuest remains open or about the NBA deal falling through ; at this time DisneyQuest is no part of the 'Ultimate' ticket or the water parks and more tickets...
They did say to keep checking back for news, if anything changes it will be reflected on the official website.

I hope it gets the same treatment as the U.S.A. website version of the ultimate ticket : the water parks and more ticket and they will let us in if it's still open in July

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, since we would LOVE to visit DisneyQuest at the end of July when we are visiting the world finally again for 10 days, but after paying already for an ultimate ticket package I really don't feel like paying to enter DisneyQuest and feel, if it remains open, it should be included...

I think it is obvious what Disney should do with the space. Turn it into a real Pizza Planet. Not like the one at HS, but like the one in the movie. Only bigger. They could even preserve some of the better attractions and just change them to a credits model. Update the outdated attractions and throw in a Pizza restaurant and several audio anamatronic zurgs and aliens and add a woody and buzz character experience and they would have people knocking down the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter