Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, call on this to ask. Last time we thought of doing it and had APs I was told I just needed to pay the $20+ for the class itself and wouldn't need to pay for another day pass since I had APs.

But we didn't actually end up doing it, so I could have had mininformation.

Dawn

I asked yesterday, told them I already ahd tickets but there was no way to do these classes wihtout buying tickets. I was told I could just buy the 1 day ticket and that would be best for me. Minimum is $76 for a 1 day pass and the first class. Any additional classes are $26 each.

Unfortunately, I will only be there for one class and had to buy tickets to do it. Decided to save my 10 day and and get the cheaper tickets for this trip.

Hi All,
I just called Youth Services this morning as I had some questions about the Homeschool tickets. I am NOT asking about Y.E.S. tickets, ONLY homeschool tickets. We are planning to be in Florida from Jan. 23rd-Feb. 12th. I know that they are offering 5 day homeschool tickets; my question was about when these tickets expire. I was told that when I order them, I enter an arrival date and a departure date and the tickets they will send me are valid through those dates. So if I arrive in Florida Jan. 23rd and don't leave until Feb. 12th, those tickets will be good for those dates. Is this correct? I have asked different CM's before the same questions about tickets, etc. and have received different answers so I am still never quite sure of what information is correct. I am not comfortable with waiting until I arrive in Florida and am standing at a Disney gate to find out for sure. I did read on their website that the tickets may be returned UNUSED for a refund. I think it had to be within a certain date though. I am thinking it would be better to wait until some time in January to purchase these tickets. I was told to call back if I had any more questions but I thought I would try my luck on here first and see what people who have already used these tickets before had to say.

TIA,
Lisa

The length the tix are valid is confusing. I (spaceman's wife) arranged the Nov 3rd program for our group. The group bought tix at the end of August and had them mailed to us. When I ordered them the CM asked what's the last day someone from our group would be at Disney. I told her Nov 14th. When we got the YES tix they were dated:

VALID: 08/27/09 Through 11/14/09

Also please note that though you can buy adult tix through this program when you get them they will say YOUTH on them. Why? Because its through a youth program (Youth Education Series). Adults can use them as can youth over 10 yrs old. 23 of the 24 in our group was over 10 years old and had no problem using them.

It says purchase of a ticket does not ensure program activation. My hesitation is, if the program does not get activated, can you still use the cheap tickets?

I ordered my tickets last week, haven't gotten them yet, but I just checked, and my credit card was charged. I can't imagine that Disney would take them away now. Our class is scheduled for the last day we are there. So we will be using the tickets before our class even starts. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, my kids are excited about it (so am I).

We have people in our group buying their tickets apart from their children, and they are able to purchase the tickets needed. Nothing about gate prices. they just ordered from the website.

OK, I just got off the phone with Sarah, who I believe runs the program. This is the first year they are doing open enrollment, which may be why there is some confusion about homeschoolers only being eligible.

I asked about tickets longer than the 5 day ticket available on the site. She said tickets can be purchased for more days, just buy any ticket and write in the comments section that you want ____days, not the length you purchased. she quoted me a price of (drumroll please) 10 day Park hopper....$189.96! :thumbsup2 That is going to save us $350 :goodvibes

The option of an adult chaperone is up to you for open enrollment, if you feel your child will be fine, they can attend without one.

Ticket purchase includes one class. Additional classes are $26 each, and can be added during the process on the ticket link

I thanked her profusely for opening the program up, i think this is a great opportunity and I think my son will LOVE it

now THAT is interesting....hmmm,I'm going to call tomorrow to ask .......

Thanks for the update. I am awaiting for a return call from Sarah. I think she may be backed up because it has been two days. I will follow your instructions for longer park tickets and her is hoping for the best.

This sounds like a great program and surprise for my daughter. Her brother is playing in the 3 v 3 soccer tournament at Wide World of Sports(her team didn't qualify) and now she has something special to do.

Thanks hipchickie! I was planning to call and ask about longer tickets. That is awesome. Interestingly I had gone through the online registration process all the way up to the payment info and then just closed out the page. And Sarah called me about it. I hadn't called her back yet.

Thanks again!

OK - an additional update

I ordered the tickets last night, I was getting nervous that we were going to get closed out of the classes we wanted.
I went through the whole ordering system and tried to put the instructions about the longer tickets in the only comment box I found, but it will not let you enter anything but a number (the childs age)
I ended up just placing the order, and trying to email Sarah to have them amended - She is out of the office until 12/1 :scared: that got a me a little nervous, I know they say the tickets cant be changed. I emailed the main contact email, but I havent heard back yet.

hopefully this is no big deal and I am just being a nervous nelly - I will let you all know what happens.

I called this morning and spoke to Rain because I think Sarah is out.
She gave me the same instructions as above.
I had a difficult time getting it to go thru as well but did it like this

age 10
1- three day hopper
4- eight day hopppers
and it went thru:banana:
DD is going to love this and I am thrilled I found out about this.:cheer2:

Is anyone signed up for
1/18/10- Wild by Nature
1/19/10- American Story

Argh this makes me want to go in January SOOOO Bad and I can't justify it.

We are signed up for
1/24 Ocean discoveries
1/25 wild by nature
1/26 World of physics - properties of motion

on 1/25 it is EMH for AK, so getting there via WDW transportation should be no issue, we may have to get a cab for the other 2 (esp properties of motion, which starts at 7:15 AM :eek:) but no biggie

We signed up this week too. I wanted to buy 6-day passes but that wasn't an option, so they told me to type in the comment box too. That didn't work, so I called back and they told me to buy a one-day pass and they would take care of it on Monday (she took my info). I'm a little nervous, but I will call them back if it doesn't come out right on Monday. This sounds like a really cool program, and we saved $400 overall! Woo-Hoo!

I signed up for 1/11 class Wild By Nature at Animal Kingdom. Not sure how interesting it sounds. But my DD is in 2nd grade and that is the only class that went down to 2nd grade level. I wonder if it doesn't make the minimum, will they let us go into the Ocean Discoveries class that starts at 3rd grade? I hope we get to do the class.

I also put in the comment to get longer passes. I really hope that works out!

Thanks for posting this! I'm pretty excited about it!

I signed up for 1/11 class Wild By Nature at Animal Kingdom. Not sure how interesting it sounds. But my DD is in 2nd grade and that is the only class that went down to 2nd grade level. I wonder if it doesn't make the minimum, will they let us go into the Ocean Discoveries class that starts at 3rd grade? I hope we get to do the class.

I also put in the comment to get longer passes. I really hope that works out!

Thanks for posting this! I'm pretty excited about it!

My 3rd grader and 7th grader are both signed up for that class. Hopefully it makes the minimum cuz it's the only one we can attend.

My 3rd grader and 7th grader are both signed up for that class. Hopefully it makes the minimum cuz it's the only one we can attend.

Oh good! I have two kids into it too! Do they count the adult chaperones as part of the number? That would push the number up quite a bit. The minimum is 10 for the class.

Ok I am so confused. My children are not homeschooled however would love these programs. When I tried to purchase tickets I saw that a required field to enter was Organization Name. What should I put in that field?

Ok I am so confused. My children are not homeschooled however would love these programs. When I tried to purchase tickets I saw that a required field to enter was Organization Name. What should I put in that field?

I just wrote "open enrollment"

I did get an email that they changed the # of days on my tickets, and that we are all set and registered - haven't gotten the tickets yet though....but as long as I got that email I am not sweating it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter