Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pricing for the Disney Y.E.S. Program Open Enrollment period is available to eligible
students and adults alike. Tickets will be validated for your entire
length of stay; up to one week prior and one week after our event, for a
maximum of two weeks.

I enrolled 2 of my kids in the "Wild by Nature" program in AK for January 11th, 2010.

When you enroll, can you post and we can somehow get them all into one post and see who is going to be there.

This involved me buying tickets for days I already have tickets for (I have a 10 day non expire, WPM, bought 4 day YES tickets) I will use the YES tickets for this trip park days and use the 10 day tickets for our DQ days. Signing up involved changing around some park days but I really want them to try it.

saw this "Program tuition is included in specially-priced Disney Y.E.S. packages, which also provide multi-day Disney Theme Park admission and a commemorative gift." Do you think there is a commemorative gift wiht this program? T-shirt to wear maybe to help keep the group together?

Also, for every one paying student, one adult may purchase the corresponding Disney Y.E.S. package at the student price.

When the number of your chaperones exceeds the above guidelines, any additional chaperones are charged the current, front-gate admission price.

These programs are intended for homeschoolers. But no, they do not verify that you are. I don't think there is an issue if non-homeschoolers want to attend . My older boys actually had to attend a different a class in September because there were not enough enrolled. Honestly, the classes sound so much better in January than they were in September. But we took advantage of free dining in Sept so it was worth it. You don't have to go to the free lecture, but they are usually very well done, so I would not miss it.
The extra classes are hit or miss on whether or not they are worth the extra money.

This is not the same as Homeschool days. Homeschool days are only Jan 24th and 25th and that is when the lecture series is that is included. In addition, this year there is the fee for one YES program included in the homeschool days tickets. I have also been told that they are good for the week before and then for 14 after they are first used. I talked to two different CMs to make sure as well as sending an email. (LOL, yes, I am a little paranoid about answers I get from Disney. ;))

What I can't quite figure out is if the ticket packages themselves are open to any size group/family or if it's just that you don't have to be part of a group to sign up for the YES classes.

What I can't quite figure out is if the ticket packages themselves are open to any size group/family or if it's just that you don't have to be part of a group to sign up for the YES classes.

For each child you sign up for the program, you can buy one adult ticket as well. I signed up two children and was able to buy two more tickets through their program for adults.

"Also, for every one paying student, one adult may purchase the corresponding Disney Y.E.S. package at the student price.

When the number of your chaperones exceeds the above guidelines, any additional chaperones are charged the current, front-gate admission price."

We have APs this year as well and will not be doing the homeschool passes this year.

Dawn

Does anyone know how this would work for annual passholders? I hate to purchase tickets that I won't use and won't be able to upgrade (our passes don't expire until June)...

Does anyone know how this would work for annual passholders? I hate to purchase tickets that I won't use and won't be able to upgrade (our passes don't expire until June)...

You just pay the $76 to get the one day ticket and attend the class. You can use the ticket or not.

I just wanted to chime in to say that my DS11 went to WDW for an overnight trip with his 5th grade and the YES program was held on one of the days at AK. I couldn't exactly get out of him what they did, but I know that everyone that went said it was a great program/trip. They got a commemorative backpack (one of those bags with strings;)) and a bandana from AK. This was May 2009.

Thank you so much for posting this. We are going Jan 15-18 and I just got the 4 days hopper package and signed up for the Ocean class for Jan 18 (the only day it is available during our stay. We don't leave until 6 at night, so we can do it!

So excited! My daughter turns 14 on this trip, so it something extra special, and we all get to do it. Me, DH, DD 14, and DS 11!

YEAHHHH THANKS DISBOARDS!

And, we saved money on our tickets!

My family and I just got back from a YES program that my wife arranged. We had six days of park hopper passes plus six entries into water parks or Disney quest. In theory, the tickets were good seven days prior to our stated arrival date and seven days after our departure date. This is done to accommodate families traveling outside the groups arrival and departure schedule

This program is usually open to any group with at least 10 kids. We happen to be have been a homeschool group, but any group would do. The special event that we chose, was free to the kids. Two adult chaperones were allowed.

In addition to the low price tickets. Disney gives you free chaperone adult tickets. We had a group of 12 kids and had two free tickets. The free tickets were for the average of the group tickets. For example, if you have four four day tix, four five day tix and four six day tix, the free tickets will be five day tix. Our group had a mix of tix, on the low end, one family had three day PH and three visit WP/DisQuest tix. Our family had the longest stay, with six day PH and six visit WP/DisQuest tix. The price was approximately half of the rack rate. We amortized the free tix across the group.

The main point of this post is that (my understanding is that) Disney is making this program available to individuals for a short period of time. You do not need to belong to a group. With that said, I am not sure how the event is being handled. With our Group, Disney only allowed two adult chaperones to go in for the event, prior to the park opening (all had to have valid park tix). If everyone is separate, I wonder how the chaperoning works.

On the site it looks like there was a "homeschooling days" program (sounds like that is what you attended) and there is the same program info for Jan. in the homeschooling area of the site, but the "YES" program area of the site does not indicate - even mention- homeschooling at all.

I will ask when I call tomorrow, but by looking at the "YES" area, I don't see any intent towards homeschoolers, and certainly not exclusively. :confused3

Homeschool days and the YES program are different things. There are Homeschool days where Disney provides deep discounts to the homeschool community. Usually these are in Sept. The YES program is open to any educational group (or in these corporate financially strapped times, individuals).

Homeschool days are actually held in both Sept and January.

I was told that chaperoning is still 1 adult per every 4 or five children wiht 2 adults max per class. So if I enrolled my two kids and both my DH and I went, then no other adult would be able to attend wiht their child. But, my kids didn't want me there. They want to do it wihtout me and as fun as I think it would be, I like that they are comfortable wiht their independence. Only my youngest wanted me to come but he said as long as we do both rides they do, then he is happy. I didn't sign him up.

I don't believe this is the case. When I asked before I was told there is a $16-$20 charge for the class portion only. I can't remember the exact amount, but it wasn't a full day ticket price.

Dawn

You just pay the $76 to get the one day ticket and attend the class. You can use the ticket or not.

I don't believe this is the case. When I asked before I was told there is a $16-$20 charge for the class portion only. I can't remember the exact amount, but it wasn't a full day ticket price.

Dawn

I think you must buy at least a 1 day pass to participate, and that is where the $76 comes in.

Then if you wanted to go to more than the one class that is included it would be I believe $26. I didn't pay that much attention, because there is only one day of classes while we are there and we leave the same day, so can only do the morning.

Had we more time, I think we would have done another class. They look very interesting, and I know my kids will love it!

I don't want to argue,but be VERY careful of your dates,as I see different postings here about expirations. I am positive beyond a shadow of a doubt about the 14 day thing- if they change it and extend it,I'd love it as it would go with my plans,but I don't think that's the case- you need to call the YES office directly for info,there is usually one person there all the time, so it's not something a regular cs would know. Just a warning,so there's no bad surprises on your trips. I intend to use the tix,it sounds like fun,and we are hs'ers,so it's a great perk!

Yes, always call! Don't rely on a message board for info.

In fact, call twice! Sometimes CMs will give you different answers and you need to make sure you get the same answer twice.

My understanding from doing the YES homeschool program two years ago is this:

The passes are good the week before, the week during, and the week after the event. However, once they are activated, you have 14 days to use them.

Dawn

I don't want to argue,but be VERY careful of your dates,as I see different postings here about expirations. I am positive beyond a shadow of a doubt about the 14 day thing- if they change it and extend it,I'd love it as it would go with my plans,but I don't think that's the case- you need to call the YES office directly for info,there is usually one person there all the time, so it's not something a regular cs would know. Just a warning,so there's no bad surprises on your trips. I intend to use the tix,it sounds like fun,and we are hs'ers,so it's a great perk!

Well, call on this to ask. Last time we thought of doing it and had APs I was told I just needed to pay the $20+ for the class itself and wouldn't need to pay for another day pass since I had APs.

But we didn't actually end up doing it, so I could have had mininformation.

Dawn

I think you must buy at least a 1 day pass to participate, and that is where the $76 comes in.

Then if you wanted to go to more than the one class that is included it would be I believe $26. I didn't pay that much attention, because there is only one day of classes while we are there and we leave the same day, so can only do the morning.

Had we more time, I think we would have done another class. They look very interesting, and I know my kids will love it!

It says purchase of a ticket does not ensure program activation. My hesitation is, if the program does not get activated, can you still use the cheap tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter