Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrspaceman2

Earning My Ears
The Disney YES (Youth Education Series) program allows you to purchase deeply discounted park tickets (we went in Nov with our homeschool group and the tickets were about half price) in addition to providing unique opportunities to get behind
the scenes at Disney World. We just got back from a trip that
included a YES program for Homeschool Connections and it was terrific.
We did the American Story program. In January you can go without a
group. See below for details.

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go....ender?page=OpenEnrollmentEventInfoListingPage

Event Information (you get to attend one event, sometimes prior to the parks opening - which is cool and a little eerie)
January is Open Enrollment Month!
Disney Y.E.S. programs are now accessible to students in first grade
through 12th grade who are not traveling with a group. On the dates
specified below the Disney Y.E.S. programs listed will be available
for individuals to enroll. (A minimum number of participants must be
reached for each program to be activated. Purchase of a ticket does
not ensure program activation. You will be contacted if the minimum is
not reached for your selected program.) A responsible adult over the
age of 18 from each family must accompany the students attending the
program.

Open Enrollment Dates: Program information available on the program
description page.

January 11, 2010
Disney's Animation Magic: 3rd — 12th grade, 7:45 am
Disney's Production Arts and Science: 6th — 10th grade, 7:45 am
Disney's Wild by Nature: 2nd — 9th grade, 8:30 am
Disney's Ocean Discoveries: 3rd — 9th grade, 8:30 am

January 18, 2010
Millennium Cultures: 4th — 9th grade, 8:45 am

January 19, 2010
Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves: 3rd — 12th grade, 9:00 am
The American Story: 3rd — 12th grade, 7:15 am

January 24, 2010
Millennium Cultures: 4th — 9th grade, 8:45 am
Dynamics of Technology: 6th — 12th grade, 7:45 am
Making Waves with a Marine Career: 9th — 12th grade, 8:30 am

January 25, 2010
Everyday Chemistry: 4th — 9th grade, 8:45 am and 12:45 pm
Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion: 3rd — 12th grade,
7:15 am
Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves: 3rd — 12th, 9:00 am and
11:30 am
Synergy in Science: 1st — 5th grade, 8:45 am and 12:45 pm

January 26, 2010
Everyday Chemistry: 4th — 9th grade, 8:45 am and 12:45 pm
Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion: 3rd — 12th grade,
7:15 am
Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves: 3rd — 12th, 9:00 am and
11:30 am
Synergy in Science: 1st — 5th grade, 8:45 am and 12:45 pm

Just a minor word of warning. YES tickets cannot be upgraded or modified in any way once issued. So make sure you buy the number of days you will need.

Thanks for the info.

So Cheshire Figment, What do you do if you are going to be there for longer than 5 days? The max ticket looks like to be a 5 day pass?

We're going to be there in January anyway. Can I buy the discounted tickets and attend the just Jan 11 event? If only one of my kids participates in this program, can I get 6 - 5 day passes at 1/2 price? This seems worth it!

Thanks for the info.

So Cheshire Figment, What do you do if you are going to be there for longer than 5 days? The max ticket looks like to be a 5 day pass?

We're going to be there in January anyway. Can I buy the discounted tickets and attend the just Jan 11 event? If only one of my kids participates in this program, can I get 6 - 5 day passes at 1/2 price? This seems worth it!
Since I only work in a ticket booth or Guest Service I cannot answer either of these questions since I cannot do anything with YES tickets (except reissue if demagnetized). I am not sure of the purchase restrictions but I now the prices are low. If it would work (and again I don't know) it might be feasible to purchase multiple shorter tickets to cover the days needed. just compare prices.

I looked but don't see any info, are these programs free with the ticket purchase?

Yes! We have gotten the homeschool tickets before (we did the 5 day hopper and 4 vouchers for the waterparks/and/or DisneyQuest) and didnt' attend any of the classes.

My kids are still young. It looks like there is more offered this time around that would interest them, but in the past much of it has been geared towards older kids.

The HS passes are good for a total of 21 days, the week before and the week after the official HS events. I asked that specifically because we had a very ill relative and I was worried about needing to re-arrange dates if necessary.

Dawn

My kids are still young. It looks like there is more offered this time around that would interest them, but in the past much of it has been geared towards older kids.

That is a little bummer, my 8 year old has a few options, but it lookes like there is only one class for K and it is not being offered during this open enrollment.

Can you sign up for a class if you already have tickets, or do you definitely have to get the tickets through the program? Can take more than one class as well?

It would actually cost us a little more since we will be there 10 days but it may be worth it for the experience

This looks fantastic so I must be missing something.
I understand they are opening this up to non-groups in Jan and we will be there then. My children are not home schooled is that an issue?
Are the ticket prices good for the family, even adults?
If they don't have the program my park tickets are still valid correct?

I know my daughter would love this and a program or two might make a great christmas gift.

I am interested too. i just fired off an e-mail to ask about the tickets and how this program works. Let you know when I get an answer.

The HS passes are good for a total of 21 days, the week before and the week after the official HS events. I asked that specifically because we had a very ill relative and I was worried about needing to re-arrange dates if necessary.

Dawn

Thanks I was looking all over the website trying to figure this part out. I couldn't figure out if maybe the ticket expired 7 days from first use or what not. Or day one and then they expired on say day 5 of a 5 day ticket. So if they are good for 21 days then you could buy multiples for your trip.

So I found this on the site:

"Specially-priced Theme Park tickets must be reserved in advance (a minimum of 7 business days), and are valid 7 days prior to arrival until 7 days after main departure date."
http://www.disneynow.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x82281ce2

Main departure date? What does that mean?

This is the email I sent earlier today:
Program: Disney Youth Education Series (Y.E.S.)
Message Comments: I would love to have my son participate in one or more
of the "yes" programs offered for open enrollment, but we have already
purchased our park tickets. Is there a way to enroll if you already have
a ticket? Does the adult companion need a "yes" ticket as well, or is a
regular ticket OK?
Is there a way to enroll for more than one class - the tickets page says
it is for only one program.
Is there anyway to get tickets for longer than 5 days?
Thanks

this is the response I just received:
Hello _______,

Thank you for your message! In order to participate in the Disney Y.E.S.
Program Open Enrollment we require that everyone attending the program
purchases at least a 1-day ticket. Anyone attending the program will be
required to pay for the Y.E.S. Program, and we do require at least one
adult chaperone per family. For specifics on ticket prices, please feel
free to contact our Disney Y.E.S. Program Open Enrollment coordinator
Sarah Russell. Sarah can be reached by phone at 407-566-7647 or by email
at Sarah.J.Russell@Disney.com .

Thank you _______, we look forward to seeing you in January!
-Disney Youth Programs-

soooooooooooooooo it didn't answer 1/2 of my questions. I guess I will call tomorrow and I will post any info I get

folks,this is open to homeschoolers,Disney runs lots of programs for education with reduced ticket pricing,you just have to look. tickets are good for *******14 DAYS********not 21.
I verified this numerous times over the years, you will have 7 days before class date and 7 days after. I have tix from last year that verify this also. They are dated.
a really important note,14 days. if you need admission 8 days after the class date,tickets are expired.
I called,emailed,and used these in the past.

Does anyone know how this would work for annual passholders? I hate to purchase tickets that I won't use and won't be able to upgrade (our passes don't expire until June)...

These programs are intended for homeschoolers. But no, they do not verify that you are. I don't think there is an issue if non-homeschoolers want to attend . My older boys actually had to attend a different a class in September because there were not enough enrolled. Honestly, the classes sound so much better in January than they were in September. But we took advantage of free dining in Sept so it was worth it. You don't have to go to the free lecture, but they are usually very well done, so I would not miss it.
The extra classes are hit or miss on whether or not they are worth the extra money.

These programs are intended for homeschoolers. But no, they do not verify that you are. I don't think there is an issue if non-homeschoolers want to attend .

On the site it looks like there was a "homeschooling days" program (sounds like that is what you attended) and there is the same program info for Jan. in the homeschooling area of the site, but the "YES" program area of the site does not indicate - even mention- homeschooling at all.

I will ask when I call tomorrow, but by looking at the "YES" area, I don't see any intent towards homeschoolers, and certainly not exclusively. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter