Disney Y.E.S. Program

I am trying to guess when the home school days will be in the winter of 2015. Does anyone have a historical record of when the days were in the past? Is it usually in Jan or Feb? Thanks for any help. I am trying to help a newbie afford it since they home school three children.

threebeesatdisney - have you found out a date? In 2012 and 2013 it was in Jan, but in 2014 they moved it to Feb 2014. I did have luck emailing them directly to get a date a little early, but they usually don't release it until after this homeschool program (beginning of Oct 2014).

Can anyone direct me to where I can find a general overview of the Y.E.S. program? We are visiting in January and this sounds like something my 5 year old (and me!) would love! If we purchase 5 day tickets, are we able to use them prior to attending her class? We arrive Sunday but her class wouldn't start until Wednesday. It looks like there is no fee for the class and we are able to purchase reduced rate tickets for our entire family of 4. is this correct? Thank you!

Can anyone direct me to where I can find a general overview of the Y.E.S. program? We are visiting in January and this sounds like something my 5 year old (and me!) would love! If we purchase 5 day tickets, are we able to use them prior to attending her class? We arrive Sunday but her class wouldn't start until Wednesday. It looks like there is no fee for the class and we are able to purchase reduced rate tickets for our entire family of 4. is this correct? Thank you!
I think you can only purchase one adult ticket per child attending a class, but with an exception for a single child, where you can purchase two adult tickets. So I don't think you could purchase four tickets with only one child attending. It's a much larger benefit for children 10 and older because they effectively pay the children's price.

You can buy tickets for your whole family. We are on our way home from WDW right now and my kids did the Chemistry class at Epcot on Monday. I would Goggle "Disney YES individual enrollment" for the details. They do not offer classes year round but you can search to see if there will be any for your dates. I am not sure how early they release the dates for the next year. I was able to order tickets each person in the family even though only my oldest 2 (ages 10 & 13) were taking the class with my husband. The discount for my other 2 kids and 2 adults was small, but we saved a lot on my oldest kids' tickets. They were basically given tickets at the child rate. They enjoyed the class. They walked around Epcot, stopped at different places and did experiments and became scientists. The teacher had all the materials in a backpack. They also rode Mission Space and Universe of Energy. We would do it again for the discount and my kids like these type of things. I know my daughter would love to do one at AK in the future. The only small issue we had was when we decided we would be arriving a day earlier and wanted to add a day onto our tickets. They could not add a day after the order was processed.

We did the YES individual enrollment program in 2011 and it was great. I see the discounts are not quite as good as they were back then, but still worth it (it would save my family $400). We are hoping for some YES programs in May for our next visit!

Is there anybody going to Disney World for high school spring break. First or second week of April. I'm taking a group of 5 and would like to pool with someone to purchase senior trip group rate tickets.

I'm looking at the YES program for January 2015. Not sure if I'm missing something but I'm really not seeing the steeply discounted prices people have been referring to. Has anything changed with the program?

Example, UT (w/mousesavers discount) for 3 day starter package tickets (2 adult, 2 child) is $1116. YES pricing for the same is $937. A definite savings which is nice, but I've seen lots of mentions of 'half price' and such. Maybe people are looking at pricing for park hopper ($1353 vs $1087) or premium?

Hey, $200 is $200, happy to save that, just wanted to be sure I'm understanding correctly.

I have two children that would attend (as individual participants), but it seems I will have to split up the registrations as with two children, the website only allows one adult.

I'm looking at the YES program for January 2015. Not sure if I'm missing something but I'm really not seeing the steeply discounted prices people have been referring to. Has anything changed with the program? Example, UT (w/mousesavers discount) for 3 day starter package tickets (2 adult, 2 child) is $1116. YES pricing for the same is $937. A definite savings which is nice, but I've seen lots of mentions of 'half price' and such. Maybe people are looking at pricing for park hopper ($1353 vs $1087) or premium? Hey, $200 is $200, happy to save that, just wanted to be sure I'm understanding correctly. I have two children that would attend (as individual participants), but it seems I will have to split up the registrations as with two children, the website only allows one adult.
The prices aren't as low as they were years ago, but the biggest savings comes when your kids are considered adults by Disney standards. The YES program charges child prices for kids up to 17 years old.

Thanks, I just did the two separate purchases so both my wife and I can attend the class.

$1240 for 5 day w/park hopper for 2 kids, 2 adults. Painful. Airfare for 4 from Boston, plus rental car for 9 days was under $800 and doing a Hilton timeshare pitch to save on accommodations. Kills me how much Disney is but they're only young once.

So looking at the site, it looks like there are no programs in March, April or May. We've done two classes in the past (a few years ago).

Is that normal? Because of Spring Break maybe?

It used to be that the 8-day premium hopper was for 8 days in the parks and 8 times you çould enter the water parks or DQ. Is this still the way it is now? Thanks!

I'd be interested in the answer to his myself. We are planning to go to ALL the parks in August (including *non-Disney* ones) - so I was looking at the Y.E.S. series with 5 day Premium tickets. We will also hopefully do MNSSHP in early September right before we fly home. I'm not clear on how many entries we would get with DQ or the water parks. Anyone know?

Thanks.

I have quite a few questions. I've tried to search the thread but 223 pages is a lot of reading!
Thinking of adding a YES program for my son to do while we are there. He is 15 and we are going in just under a month. Our trip dates are Jan 2-7. This is just a mom and me trip and I thought it would be something fun to add for him that we have never done when going with the entire family. It would also save me about $100 on tickets. So here are my questions:

1. How long are the classes? The only day that has classes for his age is the 7th, our departure day. Not sure if we could fit it in before checkout.

2. Can I pick up our tickets on the 2nd when our class isn't until the 7th?

3. We are staying DVC, will the tickets be able to be linked to our resort reservation in MDE?

4. I was planning to purchase tickets today using Disney Gift Cards, can I still do this using the YES tickets?

5. If for some reason, ds decides he does not want to do the class, can we cancel? The trip is a surprise so I can't ask him right now.

I have quite a few questions. I've tried to search the thread but 223 pages is a lot of reading! Thinking of adding a YES program for my son to do while we are there. He is 15 and we are going in just under a month. Our trip dates are Jan 2-7. This is just a mom and me trip and I thought it would be something fun to add for him that we have never done when going with the entire family. It would also save me about $100 on tickets. So here are my questions: 1. How long are the classes? The only day that has classes for his age is the 7th, our departure day. Not sure if we could fit it in before checkout. 2. Can I pick up our tickets on the 2nd when our class isn't until the 7th? 3. We are staying DVC, will the tickets be able to be linked to our resort reservation in MDE? 4. I was planning to purchase tickets today using Disney Gift Cards, can I still do this using the YES tickets? 5. If for some reason, ds decides he does not want to do the class, can we cancel? The trip is a surprise so I can't ask him right now.

1. Classes are about 3 hours, give or take.
2. Yes
3. Yes, you send them you reservation info and they will send you info via email so you can link 60 days out for fast passes
4. No, you can not use disney gift cards
5. Once they send you info to link to your MDE you can not make any changes. While tickets are non-refundable there have been reports of people being able to cancel prior to connecting tickets due to unforeseen circumstances. If you use tickets and do not attend class then you can be charged the full price of the tickets.

Anyone can correct if I am wrong. :)

1. Classes are about 3 hours, give or take. 2. Yes 3. Yes, you send them you reservation info and they will send you info via email so you can link 60 days out for fast passes 4. No, you can not use disney gift cards 5. Once they send you info to link to your MDE you can not make any changes. While tickets are non-refundable there have been reports of people being able to cancel prior to connecting tickets due to unforeseen circumstances. If you use tickets and do not attend class then you can be charged the full price of the tickets. Anyone can correct if I am wrong. :)
Thanks for the info. Too many issues for us to try it this trip but hoping for next time!

I see gerberdaisy mentioned linking to MDE and that's what I pulled up this thread to ask about.

Can someone confirm that you can link the YES tickets and book FP+ at 60 days like you can with regular tickets when staying on site?

Thanks

I'd be interested in the answer to his myself. We are planning to go to ALL the parks in August (including *non-Disney* ones) - so I was looking at the Y.E.S. series with 5 day Premium tickets. We will also hopefully do MNSSHP in early September right before we fly home. I'm not clear on how many entries we would get with DQ or the water parks. Anyone know?

Thanks.

You would get 5 "entries". We used our 4-day premium tickets completely up over the course of 7 days (see trip report below).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter