Disney Y.E.S. Program

gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran
I've been following this thread:
"Disney YES Program Open to non-groups"but it's now closed. Yikes! I still have questions....

For instance, it seems the tix are paper rather than plastic and cannot be added to a KTTW card. Can anyone please tell me how to keep the tix "separate"? (ie: how can we identify which tix belongs to which family member - as I read that all tix simply have "YOUTH" printed on them.)

Is there any way to keep track of how many days/parks are left on each tix? I have visions of miscalculating and having to pay an entrance fee towards the end of the trip due to an inadvertant mistake on my part.

If any of you have used this program & can explain (anything/everything), it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gretchen

This is a link provided by Shannon who very graciously compiled all the pertinent info on this thread:

http://wdwprepschool.com/how-to-get-up-to-a-50-discount-on-disney-world-park-tickets/

You will will sign your name on the back.

Also, I kept up with use days by memory like I do my KTTW cards, but pretty sure any GR booth can help if uncertain.

Thanks Lehuaann!
I think I was making it more difficult in my head than it needs to be... (as usual).
I didn't realize that names were printed on the tix as well. I was envisioning trying to keep 4 tickets straight over 6 days - and no identifying marks. Sometimes my husband or I takes 1 or the other grandchildren to a certain park, so we're not always at the same place at the same time. I can see now that the names written on the tix will solve that problem.
Thanks again!

When we got our tickets in October they made us write the names on the back and sign them. We were there for 14 days so we knew which days were are park days and knew we would use up our 8 days and then we had non park days and we did go to a waterpark one day and Disneyquest as well. It was a great thing for us and our kids liked the classes.

How do the tickets work if the class you are doing isnt at the beginning of the trip? On the website it said to pick up vouchers 1 day before the class but then it also said they are good for 7 days before the class and 7 days after so I am confused.:confused3 Also we have two daughters taking the class so my dh and I will also be able to get the discounted tickets? My older dd will be able to go alone since she is 14 but our other dd who is 12 will need my husband or myself to go with or can she just go with her sister? Sorry I am new to this program and it seems to good to be true!

When we got our tickets in October they made us write the names on the back and sign them. We were there for 14 days so we knew which days were are park days and knew we would use up our 8 days and then we had non park days and we did go to a waterpark one day and Disneyquest as well. It was a great thing for us and our kids liked the classes.

Thanks for the info! I was just worried I'd mix up the tix & who used what, when - if you know what I mean. This seems pretty straightforward, tho.
Just to be clear - we just go thru the turnstiles like you would with KTTW cards? Have never used these type of tix before, but am SO looking forward to the class for my grandson!

Thanks Lehuaann!
I think I was making it more difficult in my head than it needs to be... (as usual).
I didn't realize that names were printed on the tix as well. I was envisioning trying to keep 4 tickets straight over 6 days - and no identifying marks. Sometimes my husband or I takes 1 or the other grandchildren to a certain park, so we're not always at the same place at the same time. I can see now that the names written on the tix will solve that problem.
Thanks again!

Ok, so I went and pulled my tickets and pp is correct; the names are not pre-printed. You must sign the tickets, and this keeps them easily separated.

The only identifying info pre-printed on our tickets are;

* Valid Dates (example; actual checkin/pickup - 7 days after checkout)
* # Days/Type (example; 8 Day Park Hopper W/8 Fun Visits - YOUTH)

...as well as ticket rules, bar code, magnetic strip.

The card is also Tyvek with Disney characters on the front.

Yes, you go put them through the turnstiles machine as you would a KTTW card, however, you will not scan your finger with these.

Hope this helps! :)

How do the tickets work if the class you are doing isnt at the beginning of the trip? On the website it said to pick up vouchers 1 day before the class but then it also said they are good for 7 days before the class and 7 days after so I am confused.:confused3 Also we have two daughters taking the class so my dh and I will also be able to get the discounted tickets? My older dd will be able to go alone since she is 14 but our other dd who is 12 will need my husband or myself to go with or can she just go with her sister? Sorry I am new to this program and it seems to good to be true!

Yes, both you and DH should have no problem purchasing YES tickets - even if you have only have 1 child taking a class.

When I registered I was able to put in the dates of our checkin/pickup, which was 5 days prior to our first class.

As far as the guardian rules, not 100% sure ...but pretty sure it has to be an adult parent/guardian present. My DH accompanied DD11 to class, as required, and they both had to pay $28 each. But hopefully someone can come along and clarify the rules.

Also, although DD14 can go alone, an adult is required to sign her in and remain in the park throughout the course of the class.

Ok, so I went and pulled my tickets and pp is correct; the names are not pre-printed. You must sign the tickets, and this keeps them easily separated.

The only identifying info pre-printed on our tickets are;

* Valid Dates (example; actual checkin/pickup - 7 days after checkout)
* # Days/Type (example; 8 Day Park Hopper W/8 Fun Visits - YOUTH)

...as well as ticket rules, bar code, magnetic strip.

The card is also Tyvek with Disney characters on the front.

Yes, you go put them through the turnstiles machine as you would a KTTW card, however, you will not scan your finger with these.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much for going to all the trouble of looking up your tix and answering my questions! It is much appreciated!!!:grouphug:

I noticed dates are up until the end of Oct. :banana: No registration available yet though.

Do you have to purchase the tickets for the whole party at the time of enrollment? Can I enroll my daughter and pay for hers and one parent's tickets to secure her spot, then purchase the other 2 later?

I noticed dates are up until the end of Oct. :banana: No registration available yet though.

Do you have to purchase the tickets for the whole party at the time of enrollment? Can I enroll my daughter and pay for hers and one parent's tickets to secure her spot, then purchase the other 2 later?

I believe that is not possible. The ticket purchase rules are pretty strict with the YES classes. You will have to purchase all your tickets at the time you sign up for the class and they will not be upgradeable or refundable. Although I have heard of people being allowed to make changes due to certain circumstances, I would not count on that at all. For me, the non-upgradeable part is the only downside to this program, because we can't change our mind and add days or park hoppers once we are there - but it seems like such a small thing compared to the amazing price savings, and the fun class the kids get to take.

Is it really limited to 8 days now?
I remember somebody asking last year and it came out that you can get a 10 day, but on the site it looks like they only go up to 8 days.
I was going to save money buy getting us all YES tickets this year, but I wouldn't really save if I have to then buy extra tickets to supplement.

Is it really limited to 8 days now?
I remember somebody asking last year and it came out that you can get a 10 day, but on the site it looks like they only go up to 8 days.
I was going to save money buy getting us all YES tickets this year, but I wouldn't really save if I have to then buy extra tickets to supplement.

Call and ask if longer times are available.

Memory is telling me that last year someone posted about putting a note wanting longer days or they had to call in to add to them.

Back to the OP's question, it is actually easier to use these tickets because without the finger scan it doesn't matter who uses who's ticket. When we went to the parks I just handed out the tickets to my family, never had to even look at which one was getting which ticket. It was also much quicker not having to scan the finger although sometimes the CM's were wondering why it worked without my finger. As for picking the tickets up, you take your printed out e-mail to any park ticket booth, or the one at the TTC and give it to the CM. I think you have to go to the group sales window. They will print your tickets for you and you can use them even if it is before the class. The last time we did it our class was on the last day of our trip.

I have a question for my brother. I couldn't find the answer by searching the old thread. Anybody else think that the search function is really bad lately?

Anyway, brother and his bio-kids have APs. I know that the rule is that AP holders still have to buy the starter pack in order to take a class. Do the children for whom the starter pack was purchase have to be the ones who use the tickets in the packet? IOW, could his stepson, who is not interested in the classes and has no AP, use the tickets in his step-siblings' packets?

Yes, both you and DH should have no problem purchasing YES tickets - even if you have only have 1 child taking a class.

When I registered I was able to put in the dates of our checkin/pickup, which was 5 days prior to our first class.

As far as the guardian rules, not 100% sure ...but pretty sure it has to be an adult parent/guardian present. My DH accompanied DD11 to class, as required, and they both had to pay $28 each. But hopefully someone can come along and clarify the rules.

Also, although DD14 can go alone, an adult is required to sign her in and remain in the park throughout the course of the class.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I am going to call during the week to get more info but this really helps!:thumbsup2

Do any of you have the phone number to call to ask questions?
This may not be a unique question, but I haven't found it asked on this or the other thread.
I have a foster child who is in fact 23. She is mentally like a 12-14 year old, and would LOVE the YES and would like to do more than one of the classes. We are doing an all adult trip, so I don't know if they would ever let an adult register with a companion and attend or not. Anyone know, or have the number for me to call and ask.

We are even going to be doing that kids scavenger hunt thing in Epcot. Forgot the name, something like where in the world is Carmen Sandiago. She's wanted to do that the past two trips and the trips were short, so I wouldn't take the time to do that. Guess our group will be doing that with her this time (if they let a 23 year old do that). Thanks for any input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter