Disney Y.E.S. Program

Looking at getting a group together to do Kingdom Keepers. So far we have 7 kids and 4 adults. I think the minimum is 10 kids, but it looks like if we pay for 10, we get 2 free. Will this work with the make-up of our group? Would we just have to pay for 2 more adults and waste the 3 kid spots?

What restrictions? They've always been normal tickets for me.

I'm not sure what the situation is now with the tickets, but in the past, you could not change the tickets in any way (so no changing your dates), and you could not upgrade the tickets (so no adding extra days). For us, the savings was enough to accept those limitations but not anymore.

I just looked at the Student Seminar (old 'homeschool days') for Jan 2016. I think the tickets are actually higher than if we just bought them from Disney. If not, it's pretty close. Sad, sad..

Looking at getting a group together to do Kingdom Keepers. So far we have 7 kids and 4 adults. I think the minimum is 10 kids, but it looks like if we pay for 10, we get 2 free. Will this work with the make-up of our group? Would we just have to pay for 2 more adults and waste the 3 kid spots?
I think you need to be part of an "official" group, but I'm not positive. This is from the FAQ on the YES website:

Do we have to be affiliated with a school to participate in Disney Youth Education Series?
No, Disney Youth Education Series programs are available to any youth organization, including Scouts, camps, daycares, and religious groups that meet the group size requirement of 10 or more students.

I think you need to be part of an "official" group, but I'm not positive. This is from the FAQ on the YES website:

Do we have to be affiliated with a school to participate in Disney Youth Education Series?
No, Disney Youth Education Series programs are available to any youth organization, including Scouts, camps, daycares, and religious groups that meet the group size requirement of 10 or more students.
I'm not sure either. YES says youth organizations, but Kingdom Keepers is a separate category. I think the issue would be that you need 10 kids minimum.

Hmmm, maybe. I guess someone might need to contact Disney and ask for clarification. If you try to sign up you have to check a box stating that you accept and agree to ticket terms. Here's the first item in a long list of terms/conditions:

Ticket/Package Terms

Each individual or entity placing an order on this website for stand-alone tickets ("Tickets") or packages ("Packages") represents, warrants and agrees as follows:

• Tickets and Packages (including all Package components) may be purchased solely for the use of individuals who are (1) members (including leaders, directors and chaperones) of organized youth groups participating in programs or other events (e.g., theater arts, cheerleading, dance, baton twirling, choral, instrumental and other programs or events) held at Walt Disney World® Resort venues that are owned and operated by Disney or its affiliated companies; or (2) family members and friends traveling together with those groups to those programs or other events. The programs or other events for which Disney sells Tickets and Packages will be determined by Disney in its sole discretion. Orders are subject to validation before approval.

On the next page you choose from a list of group types. There is a pretty wide range to choose from, including Household. ???

aaaa_zpsotfvmnrl.jpg

I saw that too, was really disappointed as this program was one of the only ways I was able to convince DH we could do Disney somewhat cost effectively. From what I can gather, you are only saving tax on the adult tickets and the kid's tickets are actually $20 more than just buying through Disney (not including tax). It really stinks.

Sorry, my above post was supposed to quote the PPer who said they new Student Seminar for 2016 is barely discounted.

They weren't for the years we did it, 2012 and 2014. I came across another forum where a member received an email that states...

"These programs are available on select dates in January, February, and June – October. We don’t offer programs in March – May, November, or December due to increased guest attendance at the theme parks."

I'm sure the program will verify that with you with a phone call or email.
http://www.disneyyouth.com/about-disney-youth/contact-us/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter