Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Skye was able to book my last three days! She said she "moved some things around" and was then able to book the final three days. She did not try to tell me that APs could only book 14 days on a rolling basis and noted that she had seen some really strange things with this roll out. I shared the experiences here, i.e., yesterday receiving the notifications that we had reached our park pass limit and today with the inability to choose a park.

As she tried to repair my issue, she also encountered the grayed box phenomenon and indicated that she had been seeing this issue and it was a known issue. At that point she was ready to send a ticket to escalate the problem and that is when she noticed I had a "renewal pass" in my account. This has been there since MDE was launched and no one has been able to remove it. It has absolutely no value--just sits there. While she wasn't able to remove it, it seemed she may have temporarily moved it to allow her to proceed with the remaining days of the reservations.

I haven't made any effort to look at our May dates and as a side note, she tried to tell me that we couldn't make them that far out and I politely said, that yes, we could IF the system would work. She went back to reading notes and said that she did see the dates now and "WOW" that was a pretty aggressive roll out and probably why all the issues.

I was dialing/on hold for 3+ hours but at least it was fruitful. Good luck everyone! I called 407-939-4357.

This confirms what I suspect...that there was inadequate communication to the crew of call center CMs who have to be on the front lines answering calls from frustrated guests.

They are not sold out. There are lots of glitches.
- There are a few an AP glitches
- There are issues if you have multiple types or tickets including if you had partial tickets credited to your account
- There can be glitches if you have multiple stays
- The one that got me was if you had a MNSSHP ticket that was cancelled you need to book that day last.

You’ll have to search for more details in this thread. The last 10 pages should contain most of the common ones and lots of phone numbers for support.

Good luck!

This is all so frustrating. Clearly, Disney IT did not adequately test these scenarios! It's like they only tested the simplest of test cases. Whoever came up with that plan needs to go back and retake Application Development 101. :-)

Has anyone had to switch hotels? We are booked at POR. A cm told me I had to switch hotels for my December trip and that is why I still can not book parks. I am so frustrated! This is the 4th cm telling me something different and no resolution. We have POR booked Dec. 4-18 with a 10 day ticket.
We are booked at ASMusic in Sept and I had no problem getting park reservations for that time. My friend is also booked at ASMusic and did not have an issue.

I got mine fixed as I had an AP and an AP voucher. Deleted reservations and reassigned voucher to daughter than back to me after I was able to book all days. Hope this helps you.
How did the dates work out?
DH has a platinum AP that was extended thru the end of October 2020. We were able to book park reservations for him for our July/Aug trip and 2 days (/8) of our Thanksgiving trip.
He also has a platinum AP voucher good thru 2030.
There's no way to reassign the current AP, only the voucher. But if we reassign the voucher, he wont have tickets after October 2020. I'm not sure why his voucher would get him 2 park days in Nov but no other days?

So, after 2 hours and 55 minutes on hold with IT Online Support (800-848-6413, option 3), I got a very knowledgeable and sympathetic CM (Roscoe). I explained our issue: AP holders with tickets who needed to make reservations for our July stay (I’ll worry about our Sep and December stays later, at this point I’m not sure we’ll be doing those). He created a second profile for each of us, had me do our Park Passes, then he merged our fake profile to our real profile. We got our length of stay reservations (9 days).

I still have to modify the resort reservation to drop the tickets and modify to an open resort since Poly will be closed, but I’ll call at a later date.

@SarahC97, any luck on your end getting Park Reservations?
Not yet. But so glad to hear my trip twin is having success!

Were you grayed out? My chat was useless.

Yes, I was getting the "no parks available" message (even though they totally were). I had 2 different tickets (4 day military and 3 day base package) and 2 reservations (split stay, Dolphin and Beach Club).

Yesterday I was only able to book one park pass, this morning I got up to 5 (!), and chat was able to get me the last 2.

Yeah I fall into the multiple tickets bc we have a split stay and passes linked to each which I planned to change once I could, but haven't been able too...we had different deals on the different stays

Ok officially been waiting for the chat for 3 hours now. I would call, but my new cell phone that was shipped overnight and supposed to arrive yesterday....hasn't.

Any one have the Seven Dwarfs and a Headless Olaf nightmare last night... or was it just me.
Yep, I had both. Then tried at 3am and found my resort package completed wiped out. Called IT this morning and they linked it back. Still had the issue of only being able to schedule one day this morning due to one day tickets I have on my account from the last vacation. CM make an alias of me in MDE, moved the tickets over to the alias which allowed me to schedule all of my days. Once I had all of my park passes, she linked the single tickets back but everything is good to go now.

After 2.5 hours on the 800 number (800-848-6413, option 3), I talked with cast member Emma, and she was amazing!
I had been stuck at one park reservation due to an extra park hopper on my account. She basically made a clone account of me, moved the ticket over to the clone account, sat with me while I made park reservations for three trips (successfully!!), and made sure everything still worked after linking the ticket back. She also mentioned that she was providing my ticket/info to the IT people working on the fix for this "known" issue. Super friendly, super helpful, definitely the picture of the standard of Disney customer service we always hope for.

I am so relieved! It's been a rough 24 hours.

Hoping for the best for those still trying to get solutions...that you get through, that your CMs help you out, etc.
I need an Emma in my life!

Well I had hope this morning when we finally got through to IT and had a CM who worked a couple workarounds and then worked with the escalation team to work the greyed out issue. Unfortunately after 3+ hours on the phone we are no closer than before. They took what days and reservations we want to hopefully put them in for us. They were able to add 4 more days but couldn’t do our whole trip of 14. And now MDE just shows our original 3 reservations. This is so frustrating. The escalation team is supposed to continue working this issue and will be back in contact with one. But I don’t for see that happening.

Did anyone else have trouble booking a Park for check in and check out days? Why would that be limited? We always start our trip With an evening at a theme park. Thx

Yep. I cannot book check-in or check-out day for our seven day stay in October but I did get the other 5 days. We have early arrival and late departure flights and it would be a shame....seeing as we purchased 7-day tix.

And they are telling me I have to call they can't help me over chat. I said but other people have been helped over chat

I've tried to delete my ex for the last 3 years, yet he still remains on my MDE 🙄. I managed his account so that may be the problem but it hasn't been worth my time to call and have my excess friends and family removed. Maybe after this mess calms down ....

Hahaha this gave me a chuckle... he's a proper cling on ex!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter