Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

After waiting 2.5 hours, I got Ashby, who has been "off" for the past two days. If you get Ashby, don't waste your breath. I am trying to book 12/31-1/3, which I have a cash res and 2 day tickets. First he told me that it's a busy time of year and that the dates are probably not available. I told him the availability calendar says otherwise. Next, he tells me that I cannot book those days because they aren't booking 2021 yet. I then tell him that I have already 2021 reservations in my MDE plans! Then he proceeds to argue with me saying, "I am not calling you out, but it's posted all over the place that 2021 isn't available." So rude. He also tells me he cannot alter anything on the IT side and he cannot transfer me to IT. What a complete waste of 2.5 hours. How are the CM's so misinformed? I guess i will try to get on the IT line and wait another 2 hours. Ugh.

I have 2 guest I can't delete! It says they have tickets and I know they don't. Guess I'll eventually have to call for that mess.
I had that issue before the new reservation system and I was able to chat with someone from My Disney Experience and they were able to remove them, so maybe try the chat feature if you can

Still cannot do park resv for my last 2 days. Been trying to call DVC member services again but can't get through. Gonna give IT a try. Can anyone tell me what the IT number is? I've called so many Disney numbers I can't tell which is which

Finally was connected via chat. My issues was I have a 6 day ticket, but was only able to book 4 days of my stay. According to the wonderful CM on chat, the issue was some glitch associated with my now cancelled MNSSHP ticket. Somehow it was gumming up the works, even though I can no longer see it on my account. I had to delete the last reservation I had made, which was day 4, which was also on the day of our party, unsure if this was the problem or not. She did whatever she did, and then I made my reservations for day 5 and 6, went back an got my reservation for day 4. All fixed.

Crazy that it’s the multiple day tickets causing an issue.

So I have a dumb question then. We currently have 4/1-4/3 booked at BC. We have a cruise for 4/3-4/10 but I wanted to book another hotel at Disney just in case we decide to cancel the cruise depending on the whole covid situation. Can I get a like 8 or 9 day ticket for our first reservation and then use it throughout? But if we decide to do the cruise bump it down to a 2 day ticket? Or does that not work? I planned on doing it with a package so we could cancel if we needed to

Ok, so from the 800 number spoke with Sarah after a 4 hour hold.

She was able to only make 2 days of park reservations because of the 2 day tickets needed to book the free dining recovery package. I have two guests with resort reservations with the 2 day tickets, plus one guest has a valid AP and one guest has 7 day park hopper tickets. IT is working on the issue and to try back later tonight or in the morning to make reservations. I am happy to at least have 2 park days for 2 guests, but I paid a considerable amount of money for the AP and tickets with the resort reservation. The cast member was wonderful, not her fault that it is a system issue. It seems like APs with resort reservations or guests with tickets from the closure are having difficulties making park reservations - disappointing and frustrating. I will try later tonight to see if it is resolved.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help - and good luck to everyone making park reservations - hoping your dreams come true.

How did the dates work out?
DH has a platinum AP that was extended thru the end of October 2020. We were able to book park reservations for him for our July/Aug trip and 2 days (/8) of our Thanksgiving trip.
He also has a platinum AP voucher good thru 2030.
There's no way to reassign the current AP, only the voucher. But if we reassign the voucher, he wont have tickets after October 2020. I'm not sure why his voucher would get him 2 park days in Nov but no other days?

I have an AP that expires Nov 6, so I booked up to Nov 6. I have asked for the AP refund as it will work better with my future plans. I have quite a few non expiry tickets that are not on MDE, so I can always use a day or so of those if I want parks in January or February.

I want to save my voucher for a November through November cycle as that gives me best value.

As far as your husband's voucher, is that the only ticket other than his expiring AP?

Your husband's Nov reservation sounds unique, as I haven't heard of any situation where a voucher combined with an active AP has given days. For me, I put the voucher back in my account after booking my 7 nights but haven't tried to book anything else, so I've got no answer for you.

I will say it was nice to relax today after getting my days, so I wish that feeling for everyone during this adventure through Disney IT.

Has taken me 73 attempts to get through to Disney IT, now commencing my hold....almost 9pm here in the UK, going to be a late night.....must really love Disney to be subjecting ourselves to this mental torment!

2+ hours, get answer and line dies. Another 2+ hours, get answer and told nothing can be done with the department I was speaking with, and the "fixers" were not available to take care of (have some tickets that are sticking around with 1 or 0 days, preventing 3 of the 5 of us from booking anymore). They submitted a ticket, but don't know what that will do. Also, was baffled by the number of reservations I made (I have 3 reservations (Aug, Nov, Dec) and with the system being open, would want park reservations for all, so why wouldn't I be able to make them for each day of stay. Either there is a 14 day total limit, or a 14 day per stay limit, and no one seems to know for sure. So tickets I do not want are permanently fixed to me and cannot be removed, even though I want them gone, and therefore cannot make reservations for three of us, which probably would not matter how many reservations I had because it seems the system sees me as having 0 days on a ticket. They fixed the AP glitch limiting days, but introduced another glitch if you have additional tickets because I was not having this issue yesterday.

OMG, the drama...

OK, so I now have park reservations @vinotinto. I called the IT help desk this morning and after 3 hours on hold someone picked up. I explained the situation and they put me on hold. About 15 minutes later someone from ticketing picked up and I was like "WHAT?" She seemed perplexed as to why I was being transferred to her too. At this point, I totally broke down in tears. The lady on the phone felt soooo bad. I explained and she got someone else on the phone to help me and they put in all my park reservations for me. It only took me about 4.5 hours today to do it, but we have park reservations.

Now I just need to figure out this whole resort thing and I'm golden. Ugh. Disney.
Yeah, I’m glad you got your reservations! But, it should not be this hard! At least the IT CMs were able to help!

Just curious... has anyone had luck booking more than 14 days AND has an Annual Pass? If so, was it the CM that assisted or did the system allow it?

I ask as the moree I think through the info received about the AP 14 day booking restriction sounds very wrong. They are throttling guests that committed to WDW for a year/$$ with a set of expectations and to just think "it's ok" to resume selling NEW tickets in 5 days is okay and leave the guests who have already made the commitment and paid with a lower expectation. Yeah I get it that they are offering to give us or money back, but is that really the challenge here...

Finally was connected via chat. My issues was I have a 6 day ticket, but was only able to book 4 days of my stay. According to the wonderful CM on chat, the issue was some glitch associated with my now cancelled MNSSHP ticket. Somehow it was gumming up the works, even though I can no longer see it on my account. I had to delete the last reservation I had made, which was day 4, which was also on the day of our party, unsure if this was the problem or not. She did whatever she did, and then I made my reservations for day 5 and 6, went back an got my reservation for day 4. All fixed.

Becky 925, I have been trying to schedule my last two park days since yesterday morning. I have downloaded every browser known and reading the Disboards like crazy. I was going insane until I read your post. I deleted the day of my MNSSHP and worked backwards from my last day and I was able to make all my reservations for September. YOU ROCK, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :earsboy:

Do we think Disney will have this issue and these glitches reserving days fixed before AP holders can make reservations ?

I didn't think of renaming him. Guess I'll try changing hime to "The Jerk" :P
Just curious... has anyone had luck booking more than 14 days AND has an Annual Pass? If so, was it the CM that assisted or did the system allow it?

I ask as the moree I think through the info received about the AP 14 day booking restriction sounds very wrong. They are throttling guests that committed to WDW for a year/$$ with a set of expectations and to just think "it's ok" to resume selling NEW tickets in 5 days is okay and leave the guests who have already made the commitment and paid with a lower expectation. Yeah I get it that they are offering to give us or money back, but is that really the challenge here...
I made more than 14 days of park reservations this morning but the longest consecutive length was 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter