• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney VISA free dining code QXZ

How picky it has gotten (as far as prying into the CM's) is why have not called to see if a Visa space has opened up during my dates at POP instead of All-Star Sports. Just nervous about AS but don't want to risk them seeing I'm a few days out of date on my dining (even though I upgraded to deluxe).
Since you are already signed up for free dining, I wouldn't worry about losing it. In My2Angels's case the CM didn't even want to plug in her dates because they thought that she was ineligible. It turned out that the CM was wrong and she got her reservation.

Yippie! Persistence pays off again! :banana:

I called CRO this morning and I was able to change from All Star Sports to All Star Movies! I went from a standard room to a preferred room, but that's OK with me. It took me about 6-7 phone calls over the last 9 days but I finally got what I wanted.

So if you are told that your first choice resort is booked solid, call back and maybe you'll be lucky too :wizard:.

We called to make reservations for free dining a few days ago. Tried to do arrival 20th-26th (Dec) so incoming on the last day listed as free dining. First CM told us we would only get free dining on the 20th, that was the last day. So we didnt make reservations. 2nd CM said we could do through the 24th but the 24th was the last day (not sure if this was due to room availability or dining 'dates'), so we changed our dates to the 18th-24th and made the ressie. Less than 12 hours later, at 7:30am the next morning we called back and asked to modify the reservation for to the 20th-26th, that CM looked and said no problem, put it through and even helped us alter our dining reservations. Her 'notes' showed that Visa free dining was depending ONLY on arrival date, 12/20 being the last arrival date for which free dining was available. So 3 different CMs, 3 different stories. But lucky for us i guess, the last one booked the dates we wanted (and originally were told there was no free dining for). I can't believe it, 6 nights over Christmas at a moderate (POR-Riverside) for 3 adults and 2 kids, dining plan, plus 1 day base tickets (we're passholders and will use them to renew our passes which are due for renewal in dec--so includes $71/person avg towards our next years passes) for $1530. That's insane, really. When we called previously to make passholder reservations for over Xmas (7 nights, though, not 6) it was going to be over $1200 for room only! My husband thought i was confused and made me call back to recheck that i had the info right because this is probably the cheapest with-dining trip we've had ever had a moderate!

Our vacation was all set for CBR arriving 11/21/08 and leaving 11/28/08 for our Grand Gathering of 11. We had three "preferred" rooms and 8 day park hopper passes. We had also paid for the Disney Dining Plan. My portion is for four adults (really two adults and two teenagers) and our total cost was about $3900. When I heard about the Free Dining Code QXZ, I got excited - could we possibly get free dining for our trip???? Well I have to tell you, after several calls and speaking with many different CM's (all with different stories) we got our free dining for all 11 of our group. Just to give you an idea of our savings, my trip now cost me $2650 - a savings of $1200!!!
We did have to give up our preferred room, but hopefully we won't be too far from the main pool and food court area. All I can tell anyone is please be persistant. Our reservations were made and our trip paid for. My sister and I already had our Disney Visa cards. I used mine to pay for most of my trip but my sister had not used hers at all. The only thing she had to do was to now use her Disney card to pay her $200 deposit (her original deposit will be credited back to the credit card she originally used). Also, they charged us each a $50.00 fee for changing our reservation. Small price to pay to get a refund of $1200 - and that was just for me. My sister saved over $800 and her daughter saved over $700. All in all, for a group of 11, we saved over $2700. The best piece of advice I read was to be persistant and keep calling until you get a CM that will process your request. Additionally, we only have two days of our trip that are within the "window" of availability for the dining. We had several CM's tell us it would not cover our dates, or it would only cover two days of our trip. Finally, we got a CM that agreed that our dates would be covered. This trip just gets more special by the day!:cool1: thanks to everyone's comments in this thread, reading them gave me the info I needed to make this happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter