Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perimeter Fireworks Return to Magic Kingdom Tonight

With the return of Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show during Disney Very Merriest After Hours, guests will once again be treated to perimeter fireworks at Magic Kingdom. The fireworks show begins at 11:15pm and will feature perimeter fireworks as seen in the debut performance back in 2019.

Anybody know if they will pipe in music to say the Poly Beach area like they do for the Enchantment fireworks?

Super curious how you calculated that - not going to try and argue the worth of DVC, but genuinely can't figure out how the annual dues are more than booking a week direct through Disney. For example - an Animal Kingdom Savannah Studio, at an average 130 points/week, is only $1,071 for dues, or $153/night. What am I missing?
The thing is you don’t have to book through wdw & if I do, I only do with a discount. We stay in the villas most of the time & have never paid full price. So yes when they do the presentations, it’s based on full price rooms, but since I never pay that I can’t make the math work for us.

This made me tear up! Just knowing it's an option again today to cross the border is HUGE!!! We still need our government to change it's PCR requirements to come back across the border (just too expensive!) but, still hoping that will happen.

Regardless, our Jan trip is looking much more promising and I am SO thankful!!!

See ya real soon Mickey!!!
That made me cry too !
Have you been following the threads on our Canadian forum for PCR testing ? Everyone is using BeeperMD with no complaints. They come right to your hotel room and the testing is free. That’s what we will be using.

The annual dues are more than a weeks trip regularly booked. No matter how I try, and I’ve tried, I can’t justify DVC.
Us too. If ONLY they'd build a DVR geared to couples (2 people) only. We dont need all of the rooms or appliances.
Super curious how you calculated that - not going to try and argue the worth of DVC, but genuinely can't figure out how the annual dues are more than booking a week direct through Disney. For example - an Animal Kingdom Savannah Studio, at an average 130 points/week, is only $1,071 for dues, or $153/night. What am I missing?
Yes that’s what I always say. I just can’t make the math work.

We bought in 2009 and have done the math again more recently and it’s much harder to make it work then it use to be.

As a family of 5 dvc gives us so much more option then regular hotels. We can’t stay most value anymore and honestly the rooms for 5 are crazy high and not many.

It’s also worth not having to chase the discounts. Friend booked 1 night at Caribbean beach in March for spring break (weeknight) with a discount and that was over $300

The thing is you don’t have to book through wdw & if I do, I only do with a discount. We stay in the villas most of the time & have never paid full price. So yes when they do the presentations, it’s based on full price rooms, but since I never pay that I can’t make the math work for us.

We were never able to make the math work, either. But we've saved tons over rack rate by renting points thru the years and will continue to do so for as long as we go to WDW. It's a great cost saver (yes, know what you are getting into and read up on renting points and so on and so forth...not for everyone and all that jazz)

Enzo’s Hideaway Hosting a Thanksgiving Meal

2A99C084-BAEF-445A-97AF-B4CDA64AFF0C.jpeg

Enzo’s Hideaway is putting a twist on Thanksgiving offerings with Italian dishes on November 25th!

Guests can try specialty menu items like Frittelle di Zucca (Pumpkin ricotta fritters) for an appetizer, Porchetta di Tacchino with heritage Turkey breast, crispy pancetta, brussels sprouts, polenta “dressing,” and butternut squash for an entrée, and the Autumn Spiced Panna Cotta for dessert.

Okay, yeah, I totally agree that staying offsite means the math will never work. Staying onsite, it's hard to argue that the dues alone are more expensive than paying cash (even with discounts) or even renting points for the exact same room.

We bought in 2009 and have done the math again more recently and it’s much harder to make it work then it use to be.

As a family of 5 dvc gives us so much more option then regular hotels. We can’t stay most value anymore and honestly the rooms for 5 are crazy high and not many.

It’s also worth not having to chase the discounts. Friend booked 1 night at Caribbean beach in March for spring break (weeknight) with a discount and that was over $300
It definitely depends on your family size & circumstances. We are a family of just 3 & prefer having APs & hunting discounts. Our dates are extremely flexible. We also live relatively close & like to go often almost like locals. I just booked a studio at SSR for $150/night. I often book dedicated reservations through a 3rd party & pay a fraction of the price.

Okay, yeah, I totally agree that staying offsite means the math will never work. Staying onsite, it's hard to argue that the dues alone are more expensive than paying cash (even with discounts) or even renting points for the exact same room.
No I meant you don’t have to book DVC through WDW. Renting points or buying dedicated reservations through DVC members can be extremely inexpensive.

No I meant you don’t have to book DVC through WDW. Renting points or buying dedicated reservations through DVC members can be extremely inexpensive.

Oh i see! gotcha - the original point being made was that DVC dues alone were more expensive than renting, which is not accurate, and that's where i was confused. If looking at dues alone, DVC studio costs can easily be under $150/night. DVC ownership in full vs. renting DVC points is for sure a much different analysis.

WHEN and WHERE to See Santa in Disney World Without a Park Ticket!

3F43BCF9-3A85-45A9-A0E1-70C6096A31CF.png
Santa Claus is coming to Disney Springs this year for physically distanced meet-and-greets and photos.

If you’re hoping to say hello to the guy in the big red suit, head to Once Upon a Toy, where you can hop in the virtual queue and then shop around Disney Springs while you wait your turn.

Santa will be in Disney Springs on November 12th through December 14th from 10AM to 9PM, and from December 15th through December 24th from 10AM to 11PM. After that, he’s got to dash off to deliver gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter