Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney+ is About to Make Streaming WAY More Cinematic

Disney is bringing some IMAX enhancements to your living room and you can start streaming it on Disney+ day this Friday November 12th.

This Friday, Disney+ will be releasing enhanced IMAX versions of 13 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. What exactly does this mean? Well, it means you’ll have the option to watch these films with IMAX’s Expanded Aspect Ratio of 1:90:1, which will offer up to 26% more picture for select sequences.

Disney+ is About to Make Streaming WAY More Cinematic

Disney is bringing some IMAX enhancements to your living room and you can start streaming it on Disney+ day this Friday November 12th.

This Friday, Disney+ will be releasing enhanced IMAX versions of 13 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. What exactly does this mean? Well, it means you’ll have the option to watch these films with IMAX’s Expanded Aspect Ratio of 1:90:1, which will offer up to 26% more picture for select sequences.
Okay, so I need an explanation but in basic terms. How will this look different on my HDTV from the other versions of the same movies?

Okay, so I need an explanation but in basic terms. How will this look different on my HDTV from the other versions of the same movies?

Basically, instead of black bars at the top and bottom which you typically will see in widescreen format it should be presented more in a manner that fills your screen more and shows more of the picture as intended by the filmmakers.

Will just add that the best method of experiencing IMAX is in a true IMAX theater like a local museum or science center has.

Last edited:
Basically, instead of black bars at the top and bottom which you typically will see in widescreen format it should be presented more in a manner that fills your screen more and shows more of the picture as intended by the filmmakers.

Will just add that the best method of experiencing IMAX is in a true IMAX theater like a local museum or science center has.
Thanks, that's what I thought it might be. Like Cinerama films cropped to fit on a square screen that could finally be seen better on a rectangular one. (Yes, I'm that old.)

List of Specialty Food and Beverage Available at Disney Very Merriest After Hours

• Gingerbread Almond Cake Pop (Golden Oak Outpost) – Gingerbread Almond Cake dipped in White Chocolate
  • To Be Jolly Float (Golden Oak Outpost) – Peppermint Iced Coffee blended with Vanilla Ice Cream, topped with Whipped Cream, Peppermint Sprinkles, and a Chocolate Minnie Bow
  • Ginger Apple Funnel Cake (Sleepy Hollow) – Gingerbread Funnel Cake topped with Apple Pie filling, Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Drizzle
  • Orange Bird Churro (Main Street USA Snack Cart) – Churro drizzled with Citrus Marshmallow Cream, topped with Orange Candy Slices

As a reminder, select beverages, popcorn, and ice cream novelties are complimentary with admission. Also available for free are Snickerdoodle Cookies and Hot Cocoa at any of the locations below:
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
  • Columbia Harbor House (Liberty Square)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)

Check out themeparkdustin on Instagram. My friend found his Instagram a few weeks ago. He’s working on the new Zootopia land and has his own home projects he posts pictures of. It looks like he has his own Trader Sam’s and a small water park as well…
Wow Churrochad, sounds like you’ve got the inside scoop there.
I know I always rush to check out info from outside sources when they are introduced by accounts that are five minutes old.

Does anyone else feel like with the 50th beginning on Oct. 1, the introduction of Genie, and the holidays that the other news has been put on the back burner by Disney? It seems like we're not going to make any progress towards opening up the remaining things (Hoop Dee Doo, remaining restaurants, trams, tours, etc.) until after the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter