Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel like with the 50th beginning on Oct. 1, the introduction of Genie, and the holidays that the other news has been put on the back burner by Disney? It seems like we're not going to make any progress towards opening up the remaining things (Hoop Dee Doo, remaining restaurants, trams, tours, etc.) until after the holidays.

I do, it just seems like if they were going to open them - it would have been before the big holiday season - for 2021 that is the 50th, Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. No news makes me feel they are going to wait until 2022. And if they were to base it on crowds to get the most bang for their buck - would it be closer to Spring break 2022?

I guess my budget will be happier without the last 2 restaurants opening before our trip (HDDR / 1900 PF) - but my DDs will be disappointed.

Does anyone else feel like with the 50th beginning on Oct. 1, the introduction of Genie, and the holidays that the other news has been put on the back burner by Disney? It seems like we're not going to make any progress towards opening up the remaining things (Hoop Dee Doo, remaining restaurants, trams, tours, etc.) until after the holidays.
I know yesterday on the Today Show, they commented on how Disney was planning on bringing back the trams "early next year". Jackie from here on was it too!

‘Candlelight Processional’ Celebrity Narrators, the Return of JOYFUL! and More Coming to EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth

This year, we’ll probably start right in the middle and kick things off with the return of “JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season” on the Showcase Plaza Stage.

Venturing into World Showcase, there’s a wealth of holiday storytellers, musical acts, and other performers to discover, from the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs and their musical memories across the Great White North to the Chinese Lion Dance, Italy’s La Befana, France’s Père Noël and more. And from Nov. 26 – Dec. 24, Santa Claus pays a visit to The American Adventure, where you can step right up and let him know your fondest wish for Christmas.

Updated 2021 Candlelight Processional narrator line-up.

11/26 – 11/28: Auli’i Cravalho
11/29 – 12/1: Chita Rivera
12/2 – 12/4: Jodi Benson
12/5 – 12/7: Alton Fitzgerald White
12/8 – 12/10: Bart Millard
12/11 – 12/13: Lisa Ling
12/14 – 12/16: Andy Garcia
12/17 – 12/19: Ana Gasteyer
12/20 – 12/22: Courtney B. Vance
12/23 – 12/25: Steven Curtis Chapman
12/26 – 12/28: Blair Underwood
12/29 – 12/30: Pat Sajak

Last edited:

When YeeHaw Bob did his opening show he said HDDR would be back in January. I think you are right....most new things will happen after the holidays.

I do, it just seems like if they were going to open them - it would have been before the big holiday season - for 2021 that is the 50th, Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. No news makes me feel they are going to wait until 2022. And if they were to base it on crowds to get the most bang for their buck - would it be closer to Spring break 2022?

I guess my budget will be happier without the last 2 restaurants opening before our trip (HDDR / 1900 PF) - but my DDs will be disappointed.
When YeeHaw Bob did his opening show he said HDDR would be back in January. I think you are right....most new things will happen after the holidays.

I both hope HDDR comes back in January and hope that it doesn't! I really would love to see it again (haven't since I was a kid), but my Disney budget could also use a bit of a break!

how long will this last? didn't see an end date in the article but would love to try some of these items when i go first week of december

Haven’t seen anywhere to indicate how long it will last. Life Day is recognized on November 17 so at least until then, but hopefully the food offerings last through the whole holiday season like many of their other offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter