Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Layout of Fort Wilderness DVC Cabins Revealed
DVC News has provided an extensive overview of the layout for the upcoming Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Positioned on the foundations of the existing cabins, these new accommodations aim to combine practicality and comfort for an enhanced guest experience.
View attachment 823687
In addition to the bedroom and great room details previously disclosed, the floor plan reveals the incorporation of a wooden deck, measuring about 8 feet by 20 feet. While the concept art primarily illustrates steps leading up to the deck, it’s worth noting that several cabins will also feature a ramp, ensuring accessibility for all guests.
View attachment 823688
Each cabin will be equipped with a charcoal grill, perfect for outdoor gatherings and family barbecues. Additionally, designated parking spaces will be available for the convenience of cabin occupants.

cabins-at-fort-wilderness-room-interor-concept-art-01-1280x640-2

Notably, these cabins mark a new chapter for Disney Vacation Club, as they will be the first pet-friendly resort within the DVC portfolio. Welcoming furry friends, the cabins promise a pet-friendly environment, allowing guests to enjoy their vacation with their beloved pets.
I'm not liking that the bathroom is on the opposite side of the building from the bedroom. That could be awkward for middle of the night calls of nature, especially if somebody is sleeping on the sofa.

I'm not liking that the bathroom is on the opposite side of the building from the bedroom. That could be awkward for middle of the night calls of nature, especially if somebody is sleeping on the sofa.
Good point. I've never stayed in a cabin. Is the bathroom nearer the bedroom in the current layout? It might make sense to go bedroom, bathroom, then living area so people in either the bedroom or living area don't have to walk through each other's areas to get to the bathroom.

That's my one gripe! Otherwise, it looks very nice.

Good point. I've never stayed in a cabin. Is the bathroom nearer the bedroom in the current layout? It might make sense to go bedroom, bathroom, then living area so people in either the bedroom or living area don't have to walk through each other's areas to get to the bathroom.
Currently, the bathroom is right next to bedroom. Since the bedroom and sofa-bed in the living room are on opposite ends, and the bathroom somewhere in between, nobody disturbs anybody to get to it.

When it’s just me & DH I think this cabin could be a really great alternative for us instead of using points for a 1BR. But if I were going with my friend and her daughters, the layout really doesn’t work.

Agree that the bathroom in the middle is more convenient. The bathroom is at the street end of the unit. As someone who has stayed MANY times at the Fort, I think they wanted separation between the living/sleeping areas and the street than can be a little noisy.

We stay in our motohome and back in to the sites so the windshield is towards the street. While camping loops are typically more crowded, I don't think people would want all this directly outside your living room or bedroom.

20220116_160943.jpg

20220109_110313.jpg

j

I think they prioritized the big windows for the living area. Having bedroom on one end with bathroom on the other let them have those big windows.
That makes sense, and preventing the noise from the street as well. I guess it's just time for our friends/family to learn our nighttime bathroom habits! Lol

Why don't they simply open an hour later? Weird.
Because that corner of the park is not nearly as busy as, say, the Potterverse/Minions or even Mummy/Rip Ride, and it takes people some time to filter back there. Sort of like Epcot back when World Showcase didn't open until 11.

When the replacement kids area is finally up and running, that corner will probably draw better than it does now.

A lot of the Streetmosphere is being cut too. That aspect was one I thought Universal did way better than Disney. It's sad :(
Agree they do better than Disney. I love to wander around Studios. Sounds like UO is following WDW now in this respect :(.

We were there Dec 17 - 20, not a totally slow time and was very surprised all the shows on the streets ended by 3 pm. (ish).

I guess we gotta go to Disneyland now for good streetmosphere. I was there last month. Early one morning at Fantasyland, I didn't realize the Mad Hatter was behind me. He tapped me on my shoulder and when I turned around, he pretended to steal my nose and then ran away with it. My family and I couldn't stop laughing

Agree they do better than Disney. I love to wander around Studios. Sounds like UO is following WDW now in this respect :(.

We were there Dec 17 - 20, not a totally slow time and was very surprised all the shows on the streets ended by 3 pm. (ish).
Sad that USF is now more akin to HS in terms of Streetmosphere. I still miss one of the biggest casualties, the Citizens of Hollywood.

One of the performances not being cut is Vamos, which made me sigh in relief. They're my favorite and I always stand around to watch their performance.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Now Closed
The famed Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World has officially entered an extended refurbishment phase, resulting in an extended downtime for this beloved attraction.

Commencing its closure on January 8, 2024, the Aerosmith-themed rollercoaster is anticipated to make a triumphant return to thrill-seekers in the summer of 2024. Emphasizing that the closure is part of a routine refurbishment, Disney assures enthusiasts that the theme will remain untouched during this maintenance period.

Recent years have witnessed Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster facing prolonged downtimes, prompting a comprehensive refurbishment in 2023 aimed at resolving these issues. Regrettably, despite efforts to address reliability concerns during the 2023 refurbishment, the ride continued to experience challenges, leading to the initiation of this latest refurbishment.

While an exact reopening date for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster remains undisclosed, it is worth noting that the 2023 refurbishment concluded with a reopening in late May, potentially offering a timeframe for enthusiasts to anticipate its return this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter