Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Only two dates left as of this moment (sure to sell out) and impossible to get through the phone line.

I’m thinking they’ll open some of the originally blacked out summer stars.

Maybe their plan was to reinvigorate it and now it's selling through the roof! It's like the New Coke thing - take something away and people will miss it! 😁

🥱. The park down the road just opened a brand new B&M. That's more exciting.
I hear REALLY good things about it too. I have to admit I thought it would be a goofy gimmick for a genre (stand-ups) that has never been all that good. For example the floorless trains were a significant upgrade on Cedar Point’s stand up.

<deleted>

Just want to add some positivity—seeing pics of the new Ariel in-park today made me smile! Of course Halle Bailey is gorgeous in the movie but I love everything about the new character design even when she’s played by a different actress in the park. The hair, the dress—perfection! 🥰

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, like, she's just a lady in a dress. And, sure, technically all of the Princesses are just a lady in a dress, but their dresses are a bit more...MORE, you know?
For people who have seen the movie, it will be obvious who's being portrayed. For people who haven't, well, I could see where a guest could conceivably wear a version of this outfit and hairstyle to the park for a dressy night out. It's not an obvious, over-the-top fancy, glittery ballgown but this Ariel doesn't wear anything like that in the film. Just the blue dress and then a ruffly pink dress (which is also not sparkly) at the end.
The blue dress is true to the movie costume, so it will be "authentic" for the folks at the meet & greet. Honestly though, I really did love Ariel's iridescent mermaid outfit more than her human costumes. I wish that they would do two meet and greet options at Ariel's Grotto so that the new Ariel could show off her shimmer too!

Not that I’m complaining but this is so hilarious to hear right after I finalized our HS rope drop strategy for Monday.
Whew! I was looking at wait times a few minutes ago in order to adjust my plans. What a mess! Rise and ToT were both down. RnRc was actually listed on MDE for a few minutes, and then it was gone. I think I should just throw my plans out the window and just wing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter