• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Genie Plus system is down this morning. The error says “please confirm your travel party and try again.” I just visited guest services and was told there is no estimated time for a fix and to “just keep trying.” After trying 20 times to get two flight of passage lightening lanes, about 30$ per attempt, I noticed that the system is still charging for each attempt. That’s right, hundreds of dollars in charges currently. I was told “those charges will reverse in a few business days.”

The Genie Plus system is down this morning. The error says “please confirm your travel party and try again.” I just visited guest services and was told there is no estimated time for a fix and to “just keep trying.” After trying 20 times to get two flight of passage lightening lanes, about 30$ per attempt, I noticed that the system is still charging for each attempt. That’s right, hundreds of dollars in charges currently. I was told “those charges will reverse in a few business days.”
At some point your credit card company might flag those as fraud. Then things get really "fun"

Disney boss Bob Chapek sees his pay package double for 2021 to $32.5 million

CEO Bob Chapek saw his total compensation soar to $32.5 million for 2021, more than double his $14.1 million earned during 2020.

Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy earned $21.7 million during 2021, double her 2020 earnings of $11 million.

Outgoing Chief Communications Officer Zeni Mucha earned $7.5 million in 2021.

Former CEO Bob Iger topped the compensation chart for 2021, receiving $45.9 million, despite him handing over the reins to Bob Chapek in February 2020.

The total compensation reported includes salary, stock awards, options, and non-equity incentive plan compensation.

CEO Bob Chapek saw his total compensation soar to $32.5 million for 2021, more than double his $14.1 million earned during 2020.

Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy earned $21.7 million during 2021, double her 2020 earnings of $11 million.

Former CEO Bob Iger topped the compensation chart for 2021, receiving $45.9 million, despite him handing over the reins to Bob Chapek in February 2020.

The total compensation reported includes salary, stock awards, options, and non-equity incentive plan compensation.
Honestly, I understand being paid well... it's a big job. But I can't help but be a little frustrated when they are nickel and diming their guests, and they are taking a huge pay raise.

Haha, I read that somewhere, too, and was like, 'Huh...?' I've seen different flavors mentioned in different articles. I'm not sure what it was supposed to be when we ate it, but we all thought it tasted like a grape lollipop and something a little warmer, although both were pretty mild and hard to distinguish. They were good together, though!
I think they change, this is what I remember for when I tasted them back when Galaxy's Edge opened. Went back last Nov and it was a weird mix of banana and chocolate. Def sad about that. I wonder is it's a rotation or if they like to experiment with flavors 🤔 I wouldn't mind either option tbh

So I've scoured the internet and there's no confirmed flavor from Disney and all of the blogs/Disneyesque news sites list different flavors. I'll have to ask before I buy because I don't want to buy something that's just going to be thrown away if I don't like the flavor.

Sorry, but this really sounds gross together, LOL!

See, the grape sounds gross to me! :rotfl: Blueberry lemon pound cake sounds awesome, I'll ask a cast member before I buy for sure. Otherwise they might as well rename it Jelly Belly popcorn, good luck guessing the flavor.

Honestly, I understand being paid well... it's a big job. But I can't help but be a little frustrated when they are nickel and diming their guests, and they are taking a huge pay raise.

Not to mention his missteps and bad press over the past year. It boggles my mind to double the salary of a man who many of your customers and previous staff don't like enough to sign a petition for a resignation. His contract agreement is up next year so I guess we'll see how this year goes, but if they're upping salary he'll probably be sticking around.

The article was a bit misleading. They didn't really take huge pay raises, they just got their bonuses in 2021 where they had not had any bonus in 2020. A major part of their pay is the bonus structure so if you remove that one year and then compare it to the next year when the bonuses are again paid it will of course look like a big jump (rather than noting that they took a huge pay cut the year before because that wouldn't make a great headline).

Not to mention his missteps and bad press over the past year. It boggles my mind to double the salary of a man who many of your customers and previous staff don't like enough to sign a petition for a resignation. His contract agreement is up next year so I guess we'll see how this year goes, but if they're upping salary he'll probably be sticking around.

His salary was $2.5M according to the SEC filing listed in the post. The rest of what he earned was any equity incentives, or stock incentives which have been a part of the contracts for the executives which were not all awarded for FY20, which is part of why all of their earnings for the year doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter