Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Disney boss Bob Chapek sees his pay package double for 2021 to $32.5 million

CEO Bob Chapek saw his total compensation soar to $32.5 million for 2021, more than double his $14.1 million earned during 2020.

Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy earned $21.7 million during 2021, double her 2020 earnings of $11 million.

Outgoing Chief Communications Officer Zeni Mucha earned $7.5 million in 2021.

Former CEO Bob Iger topped the compensation chart for 2021, receiving $45.9 million, despite him handing over the reins to Bob Chapek in February 2020.

The total compensation reported includes salary, stock awards, options, and non-equity incentive plan compensation.
And yet, they can't fully staff their parks....

More character meet and greets returning to EPCOT this weekend

Donald Duck will return to the Mexico pavilion, appearing in the outdoor meet and greet location on the right-hand side of the pavilion.

At the Imagination! Pavilion, Vanellope, and Joy return to ImageWorks.

Both locations will open at 10am during their first week beginning January 22 2022.
Discuss on the Forums

Omg! I’m going to see Donald in Mexico again next week?! I’m so happy!😭😭😭

Disney boss Bob Chapek sees his pay package double for 2021 to $32.5 million

CEO Bob Chapek saw his total compensation soar to $32.5 million for 2021, more than double his $14.1 million earned during 2020.

Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy earned $21.7 million during 2021, double her 2020 earnings of $11 million.

Outgoing Chief Communications Officer Zeni Mucha earned $7.5 million in 2021.

Former CEO Bob Iger topped the compensation chart for 2021, receiving $45.9 million, despite him handing over the reins to Bob Chapek in February 2020.

The total compensation reported includes salary, stock awards, options, and non-equity incentive plan compensation.

Well he did bring us some stuff.

Wilderness Swimmin' Pool Closing For Refurbishment Starting Jan. 31 at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Guests planning on staying at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in the coming months should keep in mind that the Wilderness Swimmin' Pool will be unavailable from January 31 to March 21, 2022 due to planned resurfacing. Guests will be able to utilize the Meadow Swimmin' Pool during that time. The laundry rooms will also continue to be available to Guests.

As a reminder, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool (including the whirlpool spa and waterslide) will be closed for refurbishment from January 9 to early April 2023.

Not something I would spring for, but clearly there was a market for it!

After sleeping on the cold, hard concrete for a night, sitting on the floor waiting for multiple panels, and getting crushed a bit in a crowd, it was worth it to me. The sorcerer's packages offered more but were way more expensive and always sold out in minutes.

I wonder how many they sold

Not exactly sure, but Mary Jo said that her ticket was bought with a queue starting point of 718 in front. Friends of hers were not far behind that number and didn't get any. Each person buying could purchase 2, so probably 1400-1600 max. It could be less if some people only purchased 1.

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Completely Sold Out January 21-22, 2022

Guests staying at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort should be aware that the hotel will be completely sold out on January 21-22, 2022; as a result, the resort will not be able to accept any late check-outs, extensions, or modifications for those days.
OMG! The resort of last resort is sold out! They must not have all rooms open. I wonder if this only pertains to cash rooms or includes cash and DVC, probably only cash. Maybe it doesn't have many cash rooms.

“The Crossover” Inspired Series Coming To Disney+

Disney+ has just announced that they are brining to life “The Crossover”. This is a new drama series based on the critically acclaimed bestselling novel in verse by Kwame Alexander. Production by 20th Television is scheduled to begin in February. Alexander is a Newbery Medal-winning and Coretta Scott King Book Awards’ Author Honoree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter