• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney It's a Small World Collection by LeSportsac-Final Collection Released (Aug)

LexiC123

DIS Veteran
So cute! Can't wait to see what other countries they use.

From Stitch Kingdom:

LeSportsac and Disney Consumer Products announced today the launch of the Disney It’s a Small World by LeSportsac collection featuring handbags, totes and accessories that combine the bright aesthetic of LeSportsac with inspiration from the mid-century artwork of Disney artist Mary Blair who created the whimsical look of the beloved Disney theme park attraction “it’s a small world.”

Disney It’s a Small World by LeSportsac collection includes five seasonal deliveries, each inspired by a specific country. In addition to celebrating a country, each delivery will be anchored with a Signature Tote and a colorful print that pays tribute to the unique facades and architectural works of Disney’s “it’s a small world” Theme park attraction. The collection kicks off with a celebration of Tahiti that includes two graphic totes and a range of 12 styles in two vibrant prints.

“We are so inspired by Blair’s original art and the “it’s a small world” theme of global awareness,” said D’Arcy Jensen, Vice President, Global Creative Director, LeSportsac. “Each collectible design we are creating is a colorful narrative that is sure to delight fans of Disney, Mary Blair and LeSportsac alike.”

The “it’s a small world” attraction, which debuted at the New York World’s Fair in 1964, was created by Walt Disney both as a salute to UNICEF and his belief that everyone is united in their love of children and dreams of a better tomorrow. In keeping with the original philanthropic message of “it’s a small world,” Disney will make a donation to UNICEF in honor of “it’s a small world” and all product in the Disney It’s a Small World by LeSportsac collection will include a special hangtag sharing the history of the original attraction and the connection to UNICEF.

“Our collaboration with LeSportsac pays homage to the magical experience of “it’s a small world” while continuing the legacy of the message behind one of Disney’s most beloved theme park attractions,” said Robert Oberschelp, director, Disney Collections, DCP. “Walt Disney’s vision is as powerful and true today as it was when he first shared it with the world.”

The Disney It’s a Small World by LeSportsac Collection will be available online at LeSportsac.com and at all LeSportsac flagship boutiques worldwide within the next month or so.

sw1-1.jpg
sw2-1.jpg

sw3-1.jpg
sw4-1.jpg
sw6-1.jpg
sw8-1.jpg
sw4-1.jpg
sw7-1.jpg

Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

When are these supposed to start selling? I just checked the website and could not find them.
Looks like they will be another very pricey bag- too bad, can't justify spending $100+ on a bag.

They are super cute though

Bev

When are these supposed to start selling? I just checked the website and could not find them.
Looks like they will be another very pricey bag- too bad, can't justify spending $100+ on a bag.

They are super cute though

Bev
According to the article I read, they should go on sale within the next month or so.

Oh, I have to have one. I have 3 Disney Dooney's which I just love and use all the time but I always use a LeSportSac in the parks. I have a solid white one and a solid black one. I love them because they are super light and hold a lot of stuff. I have even put my white one in the washing machine lots of times as it get dirty using it in the park. LeSportSac are expensive but I think I will have to get a Disney one. The only problem is I am sure they are going to keep coming out with new styles.

Thanks for the info.

Linda

Those are super cute! Just wish it didn't have that logo stripe. Kind of distracting and takes away from the design. I know, I know...branding. :laughing:

Oh, I have to have one. I have 3 Disney Dooney's which I just love and use all the time but I always use a LeSportSac in the parks. I have a solid white one and a solid black one. I love them because they are super light and hold a lot of stuff. I have even put my white one in the washing machine lots of times as it get dirty using it in the park. LeSportSac are expensive but I think I will have to get a Disney one. The only problem is I am sure they are going to keep coming out with new styles.

Thanks for the info.

Linda

I use a LeSportsac bag for the parks, too...the style of the 3rd bag from the top. Love that it has great organization, is super lightweight, roomy, expandable, water-resistant, and has a comfy, adjustable strap.

I like the architectural-style print, but I'm afraid if I buy one, they'll come out with another I like better. Which most likely means that there's multiple bags in my future, LOL.

Those are super cute! Just wish it didn't have that logo stripe. Kind of distracting and takes away from the design. I know, I know...branding. :laughing:

It's not just branding on their part, if you have a LeSportsac already you will see that the stripe is on all of them.

I love love love Lesportsac!!!:lovestruc Gotta get my hands on one of these babies!!!

Oh my...I need one of those. I've always wanted a Dooney but they cost too much for me, think these will be a little cheaper?
Also will they be available at the parks or online...or both?

As a member of the Small World Appreciation Society and a big fan of all things Mary Blair, and since my birthday is next month, I want, I must have, I beg. hahahaha

These bags are awesome!!!!

I've been searching for a diaper bag and one of these super cute bags might be it! I just wish they were being released sooner!

I was able to buy some of the pieces in Hawaii last month at a flagship store,
I got the makeup bag and a cross body bag to use at the parks....they are higher priced than the regular sportscast pieces :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter