Disney is just not the same anymore!!!

I keep hearing of increased crowd levels. Magic kingdom, maybe, animak kingdom maybe, however epcot no and the studios no. TEA estimates show that there have been several bigger years at epcot and the studios, and similar crowds at the other 2 parks.

I've read a lot of posts on this thread dealing with FP+, the likes and dislikes, the advantage or disadvantage of newbies versus seasoned veterans, the idea of having choices, etc...

The one part of the FP+ that makes life worse for folks like me (and my family) is that we stay at Shades of Green (located between the Disney golf courses, Magnolia and Pines). We aren't considered on site guests, so need to wait until 30 days out to secure our FP+ reservations. We are going this year from 13-20 December and I can't make any FP+ reservations until 14 November. I imagine most of what I want to ride will be taken, especially since we have a group of ten. The old system, we could hit the park at RD, have a runner go get a FP for a top ride, do one or two other rides before using the FP and then securing another. At least we had an equal opportunity to get FPs just like everyone else. Now that option doesn't really exist.

Because I said "visiting the MK" and there are no tiers at MK.

Again I have read through your posts and saw nowhere that just MK was stated. No big deal!:) No need to go off on any tangents I was just responding to what I read about advantages and disadvantages which you did indeed post opinions about. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

We are heading to WDW on Sunday and I am so excited about the FP+, I think it is a great idea. I have all three attractions secured. :thumbsup2 I booked them 60 days out, except the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, no fast passes were available 60 days out.

I even changed one FP just yesterday using my Disney Experience App, so cool! I cant wait. I love that I can see on the App that currently there is a 50 minute wait for the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and only 10 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain....SOOOOO COOOL :cool1::thumbsup2

I've read a lot of posts on this thread dealing with FP+, the likes and dislikes, the advantage or disadvantage of newbies versus seasoned veterans, the idea of having choices, etc...

The one part of the FP+ that makes life worse for folks like me (and my family) is that we stay at Shades of Green (located between the Disney golf courses, Magnolia and Pines). We aren't considered on site guests, so need to wait until 30 days out to secure our FP+ reservations. We are going this year from 13-20 December and I can't make any FP+ reservations until 14 November. I imagine most of what I want to ride will be taken, especially since we have a group of ten. The old system, we could hit the park at RD, have a runner go get a FP for a top ride, do one or two other rides before using the FP and then securing another. At least we had an equal opportunity to get FPs just like everyone else. Now that option doesn't really exist.

A lot of posters have reported that, except for the new mine train ride and occasionally Toy Story Mania at DHS, all rides are generally available at 30 days out and even up to the day before.

A party of 10 may (or may not) be more difficult, but you shouldn't assume that most of what you want to ride won't be available at times that you want.

Good luck. December 13-20 is a great time to visit and crowds should not be that great. Maybe you will find that having 3 FPs in advance for rides that you like, and not having to send a runner to get FPs for times that may be less convenient, may be better for you than paper FP. If you like to hit the parks at rope drop, you can still so a lot of things before the lines get too long.

Again I have read through your posts and saw nowhere that just MK was stated. No big deal!:) No need to go off on any tangents I was just responding to what I read about advantages and disadvantages which you did indeed post opinions about. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Right, no big deal. But my post (#195) and your reply to that post (#210) are the ones I'm referring to.

Wisblue...I appreciate the response. :) That actually gives me a better feeling. I think if we can get most of the rides/attractions we want, the FP+ will actually work just fine. I'm guessing our best chance to do the 7DMT may be during the 16 Dec MVMCP. :santa: We really don't stress too much, so even if we don't get all the things we want, our first ever visit at Christmas time should be reward enough.:cool1:

Wisblue...I appreciate the response. :) That actually gives me a better feeling. I think if we can get most of the rides/attractions we want, the FP+ will actually work just fine. I'm guessing our best chance to do the 7DMT may be during the 16 Dec MVMCP. :santa: We really don't stress too much, so even if we don't get all the things we want, our first ever visit at Christmas time should be reward enough.:cool1:

If it's your first Christmas visit, and you enjoy taking in Christmas decorations, you are in for a treat regardless of what rides you do. Be sure to check out some of the special displays done by the pastry chefs at some of the resorts, like the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian and the displays at the Boardwalk and Beach Club.

I have an AP and so I can check availability 30 days out. I look quite a bit, and really, even same day fast passes are available for most every ride outside of sdmt and tsmm. Same day is usually short on parades, fireworks and a few meet n greets including of course A&E- but that leaves a ton of rides that are available. And that's same day.

People get a little frustrated and some when they post say things that are a bit of an exaggeration as to what is actually available. Understandable, but it does put a scare into others who haven't gotten to their window to book yet.

The party is a great time to get the top rides in. Enjoy!

The reason they instituted fp originally was due to guest complaints about long lines.

It's encouraging to hear that complaints actually can be productive. I hope WDW is still listening.

I keep hearing of increased crowd levels. Magic kingdom, maybe, animak kingdom maybe, however epcot no and the studios no. TEA estimates show that there have been several bigger years at epcot and the studios, and similar crowds at the other 2 parks.

This is exactly right - while attendance "is up", it's up from the lows but hasn't exceeded attendance figures from previous years.

Appreciate the tips. We love Christmas time, so excited about all the decorations. We will be sure to get by the resorts to see what their decorations and special displays are all about!

Appreciate the tips. We love Christmas time, so excited about all the decorations. We will be sure to get by the resorts to see what their decorations and special displays are all about!
My wallpaper is a picture I took of the interior of the Wilderness lodge a couple of years ago at Christmas. Each resort has decorations related to their theme. I liked Animal Kingdom as well!

It's encouraging to hear that complaints actually can be productive. I hope WDW is still listening.

I'm sure they still listen to complaints.

I'm also sure they are more likely to respond to complaints from a majority of their guests than a highly vocal small minority.

I'm also sure that they know a lot better than we do what category many of the complaints about FP+ fall into.

For example, I suspect that they would be more concerned about complaints from guests about having to do too much planning in advance than they would be about people complaining that FP+ makes it harder for them to get multiple wait free rides on a popular attraction.

I'm sure you'll love it. We were very lucky to get to go at Christmas years ago for 2 weeks- The entire family agrees it was the best trip we ever took to WDW. The only downside is, it just ruins us for Christmas at home!

I'm sure they still listen to complaints.

I'm also sure they are more likely to respond to complaints from a majority of their guests than a highly vocal small minority.

I'm also sure that they know a lot better than we do what category many of the complaints about FP+ fall into.

For example, I suspect that they would be more concerned about complaints from guests about having to do too much planning in advance than they would be about people complaining that FP+ makes it harder for them to get multiple wait free rides on a popular attraction.

I'm sure you think so. :)

This is probably why they have all of those people asking if you want to do a survey...that way they don't just hear the people with an issue, but a cross section of everyone.

This is probably why they have all of those people asking if you want to do a survey...that way they don't just hear the people with an issue, but a cross section of everyone.

I got stopped three times last week to see if I would do a survey. I did every one that was sent to me.

As far as DisneyWorld changing is concerned, I for one, look forward to the changes that may or may not be amazing. I'm a very optimistic person so I'm leaning toward amazing! Life is far too short to worry about what MIGHT happen. It's like opening a Christmas present from your aunt. It could be socks, or it could be cold hard cash!

Here is a thread from 2001 saying the same thing.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=74625

People complain that DTd is nothing but restaurant and shops....and this person is begging for more restaurants.

Interesting time capsule!

It seems all the vets and one time or other thinks they know what is best for the Disney planning crew. Fascinating.

I do remember Disney's marketing Nahtazu campaign. The General public was concerned with spending all that money on just a zoo.
http://vimeo.com/m/25256194

Considering October has had record breaking crowds I guess many are not bothered by the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter