Disney Gift Cards--can you combine them?

Nebraska_Disney

DIS Veteran
Our 2 kids each have 3-$25 gift cards for Disney that they received for Christmas. Instead of having 6 cards to take through the parks, can we combine them on to two cards, one for each child? If this is possible, how/where can this be done or who do you speak with?

Thanks in advance

Well, I'm not so sure that it can't be done:

1 Contact the Disney Gift Card hotline at 877-650-4327.
2 Press "1" for an English speaking representative or "2" for Spanish
3 Press "0" to reach an operator.
4 Tell the operator that you wish to combine your Disney Gift Cards.
5 Read the card number of each Disney Gift Card to the rep. Your
representative will ask for the card numbers one by one.
6 Tell the Disney representative which card that you wish to have the
entire new balance on. You must know the PIN (Personal
Identification Number) for the chosen card.
7 Obtain confirmation from the Disney representative that your
balance has been combined. Your Disney representative will give
you the new total balance at that time.

Read more: How to Combine Disney Gift Cards | eHow.com

I have not tried it personally, but I found two separate references that said you can call customer service to combine them.

:banana:

that ehow article apparently is old because after much investigating I have found that no, it can't be done. This was hard news to take since I was holding 22 separate gift cards which I wanted to pay off my dining plan with :rotfl:
But the good news is, I called in for the plan this morning and the CM was so kind and patient about it and everything worked out great!:thumbsup2

Why is this a big deal. Sort of like have 6 $20 bills in your pocket,3 - $10 and 2- $5 dollar bills. Just spend them as you need to.

Am I missing something?

Why is this a big deal. Sort of like have 6 $20 bills in your pocket,3 - $10 and 2- $5 dollar bills. Just spend them as you need to.

Am I missing something?
I was just thinking that same thing. And 3 cards each NOT alot. Whenever I have a little extra money, I order a new Disney GC from the Disney Store because they are free shipping. I expect I'll have about 15 when we go down in November. If a meal or souvie costs $60, I can give them 2 $25's and a $10 or whatever. No biggie!:thumbsup2

if you are staying at a Disney resort you can put them as money down for charges and then just charge it to room key, We did that and just kept track of how much was left

At the windows where we can sell and reload Gift Cards, we are not allowed to accept a Disney Gift Card for the purchase of a new Disney Gift Card.

We also just charged everything to the room (keeping careful track of how much was spent) and then each night went down and paid the balance with the gift cards. It was much easier that way than carrying the gift cards around with us. Just remember if you don't want it all to get put on your credit card, you have to pay it off before you go to bed on your last night!

I think the main issue, for me at least, is that while the Disney phone cast members will graciously accept several (my highest was 27) gift cards for hotel and dining plan purchases, but they cannot do the same with ticket purchases.

Apparently the ticket purchases are through a different system and they only allow two payment entries for the balance of the order. A single gift card counts as one payment entry.

Therefore, I'm left with the option of driving 50 miles south to a Disney Store to buy them in person, or waiting until I am in Orlando and use up my precious Disney time waiting in line for tickets. :crazy2:

However, this also brings up the point that FastPASS+ may or may not be available for a ticket purchased literally 5 minutes before I walk into the park...

According to the gift card customer service, you can only combine them at a Disney store or on property.

However, this morning I was able to pay with 12 gift cards for tickets on the phone! I had to be transferred to the will-call office to have them available at will-call instead of shipped, but it's possible!

Have remembered a long time from the Food & Wine Festival that you cannot use a Disney gift card to load another Disney gift card (those who want to transfer gift card balances to Festival wristbanded gift cards have found this out).

remember if you get a refund of gift card purchases for anything, it will be refunded to the gift cards, so don't throw out the cards if you anticipate a refund somewhere along the line.

If you have kids who want to use their own gift cards, but have multiple each, I would take one or two cards to the parks each day and leave the rest in the hotel safe so you aren't worried about carrying them around all day. If your kid wants to make a BIG purchase that would require $100 worth of gift cards, he/she will probably want to think about that one for a few days anyway, so you can always come back for it. Not ideal, but I wouldn't want my kids holding onto 6 different gift cards at one time either, so I understand.

According to the gift card customer service, you can only combine them at a Disney store or on property.

However, this morning I was able to pay with 12 gift cards for tickets on the phone! I had to be transferred to the will-call office to have them available at will-call instead of shipped, but it's possible!

You cannot combine gift cards, even in person, but you can use multiple gift cards for payment. This was one of my complaints about my last trip...even Starbucks lets you combine, through their app no less!

I think the main issue, for me at least, is that while the Disney phone cast members will graciously accept several (my highest was 27) gift cards for hotel and dining plan purchases, but they cannot do the same with ticket purchases.

Apparently the ticket purchases are through a different system and they only allow two payment entries for the balance of the order. A single gift card counts as one payment entry.

Therefore, I'm left with the option of driving 50 miles south to a Disney Store to buy them in person, or waiting until I am in Orlando and use up my precious Disney time waiting in line for tickets. :crazy2:

However, this also brings up the point that FastPASS+ may or may not be available for a ticket purchased literally 5 minutes before I walk into the park...

You need to call again because you absolutely can use multiple gift cards to purchase tickets but you have to do it by phone, not online. I too was being told by a phone CM that I couldn't use more than two but when I pushed a little harder, they did admit that I could and that's exactly what I plan to do so since I want to use my extra Target savings to save additional $$ on the AP's.

To the OP...unless anything has changed other pp's are right, you cannot combine GC's

We also just charged everything to the room (keeping careful track of how much was spent) and then each night went down and paid the balance with the gift cards. It was much easier that way than carrying the gift cards around with us. Just remember if you don't want it all to get put on your credit card, you have to pay it off before you go to bed on your last night!

Can you call the front desk? We will not get back our last night until 12:00am. Will there be any one at the desk at that time? Will the restraunts take the cards to pay tips only? we are on the dinning plan and have 7 people in our group so we will be charged automatically a 18% graduity.

They will take gift cards for any charges remaining after using the dining plan. You can also pay off your bill the night before your last night with gift cards and just use a GC in parks on the last day so there are no additional charges to the room.

I paid mine off the last night but it was before midnight

They will take gift cards for any charges remaining after using the dining plan. You can also pay off your bill the night before your last night with gift cards and just use a GC in parks on the last day so there are no additional charges to the room.

I paid mine off the last night but it was before midnight

Thank you! That is what we will do.

Call ticketng directly. The front line phone CM's are either unable or unwilling to do it, but Ticketing will do it willingly and they are quite used to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter