Disney Gift Cards--can you combine them?

I thought one of the people on the dis unplugged podcast said this can be done at the disney store. I just came back from one and they could not/would not do it. so much for that idea i guess dreams unlimited will have to take 20 cards in two days.

Can anyone tell me if Disney GCs can be registered in case they are lost or stolen.
Thinking of getting them for the 1st time for our upcoming trip. This way I can pick one up every time I save a certain amount for budgeting purposes.
I used to just save the money in my safe & then stick it right in account right before I left & just subtract as I go. This way I only had to carry my debit card. I really think Disney GCs would be a great alternative if I wasn't so worried about them being lost or stolen.
Also - Do the counter service restaurants accept them.
Thanks all you experts out there. ;)

Can anyone tell me if Disney GCs can be registered in case they are lost or stolen.
Thinking of getting them for the 1st time for our upcoming trip. This way I can pick one up every time I save a certain amount for budgeting purposes.
I used to just save the money in my safe & then stick it right in account right before I left & just subtract as I go. This way I only had to carry my debit card. I really think Disney GCs would be a great alternative if I wasn't so worried about them being lost or stolen.
Also - Do the counter service restaurants accept them.
Thanks all you experts out there. ;)

You just need to keep the receipt in case they get lost or stolen. And yes, you can use them at the counter service restaurants. (Well, there might be some at DTD where it can't be because they're not owned by Disney, but I'm not sure.)

Thanks. I was also reading another post that said there is an app to keep track of them- I like that idea too.

Hi

Our experience was the opposite- yesterday we called WDW to buy our Disney World tickets.

The agent was able to take all of our gift cards (20 of them) at $50 each
cast member did not posse any issues...and was very happy to take all the cards.

after the last card- he took a moment to celebrate with me. Sang as song, clapped, then helped us link them to MY Disney Experience (online)

then we had about a 10 min conversation afterwards about his recommendations of things to do at WDW.

AMAZING customer service.

should note we call (I think) the ticketing number first- that cast member said that she could only take one gift card and a credit card.

I explained that I had multiple gift cards- and she said that's not a problem- there is no limit- I just have to transfer you to another department.

here is the direct phone number (called back today and asked)

407-566-9985
select option #5

that should get you to the correct department that can take multiple DGC for tickets

I think the main issue, for me at least, is that while the Disney phone cast members will graciously accept several (my highest was 27) gift cards for hotel and dining plan purchases, but they cannot do the same with ticket purchases.

Apparently the ticket purchases are through a different system and they only allow two payment entries for the balance of the order. A single gift card counts as one payment entry.

Therefore, I'm left with the option of driving 50 miles south to a Disney Store to buy them in person, or waiting until I am in Orlando and use up my precious Disney time waiting in line for tickets. :crazy2:

However, this also brings up the point that FastPASS+ may or may not be available for a ticket purchased literally 5 minutes before I walk into the park...

If you haven't purchased your tickets or paid off your package balance, you can do so using the kids' gift cards. Then when you get to the park, you can let them choose their own gift card design and have $75 loaded onto each card. If you are using a Disney Visa, you then get some Reward $ by doing it this way.

Thanks. I was also reading another post that said there is an app to keep track of them- I like that idea too.

The app is the easiest because you don't have to keep track of receipts. The remaining balance is updated immediately on the app.

The beginning of this thread is from 2011, so don't take anything said there as being the truth for nowadays.

Can you call the front desk? We will not get back our last night until 12:00am. Will there be any one at the desk at that time? Will the restraunts take the cards to pay tips only? we are on the dinning plan and have 7 people in our group so we will be charged automatically a 18% graduity.

By midnight it will be too late, they will have already charged.

And no you can't call the front desk. Even pushing the "front desk" button from your room's phone gets you to a call center that's likely out of state.

I'd go to the front desk two days before you checkout and have the GCs applied to your account. OR just pay with the GCs right there at the restaurant for the tips (assuming the server is able to do that).

There's an easier way to do this, if you sign up for a disney vacation account. You can combine them all there and then apply them to your vacation:

https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/

I have personally done this, so i can vouch.

I have also heard via the podcast that you can do this at any disney store (combine them to one card)

That has very specific uses and drawbacks (they originally indicated you could use a TA, but as I suspected, that was dumped pretty quickly) with specific timeframes, etc. Important to read the T&C and FAQs carefully and thoroughly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter