Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I put my mouse over the My Ebay and the drop down list comes down that says summary, wish list watch list, etc. At the bottom of that it said $15 coupon in green with a little price tag beside it, clicked on that and it took me to the coupon info.

Thanks - no coupon for me, but I appreciate the info.

When I put my mouse over the My Ebay and the drop down list comes down that says summary, wish list watch list, etc. At the bottom of that it said $15 coupon in green with a little price tag beside it, clicked on that and it took me to the coupon info.

I had an email in my inbox as well.

The final point is, when you come on here and say you are going to continue buying gift cards after lots of other people had their numbers stolen, the only logical conclusion that anyone can come to is that you don't believe it actually happened. It is no different than people who travel to parts of South America which are controlled by drug cartels to go on a vacation, the logical conclusion would be they don't really believe it is happening or think its not nearly as bad as people are claiming it to be.

No that is not the logical conclusion we know this happend. We will choose to continue to buy from PPDG because for me there is no risk. I always use the GC within the buyer protection time period as I do with ANY egc that I buy from any store. We also understand the risks of buying egc no matter the store.

You haven't been in this thread very long to known that we bounce ideas of each other and that we also don't expect the churning to work the same for everyone. Do what works for you and stop attacking other people because they choose to do what works for them.

I'll add that I didn't purchase GC from PPDG when it was possible to get ban from PayPal because it wasn't worth the risk to me, but other people did and that is ok.

Last edited:
So I guess this eBay GC to GC grace period isn't exactly on point, huh?

Wondered what happened there.
Lots of people complaining on DoctorOfCredit about this, and the guy who wrote the post said "There's nothing I can do". Perhaps the California Atty Gen may step in? Doubt it. One person on reddit was complaining that they had $3500 in ebay cards!!!!!

There is a rumor that it might start working tomorrow, but I'm not making any plans.

Last edited:

So far, from all I've read, it is just a technical issue. They failed to prevent Google (and probably other search engines) from indexing the webpages that show you your giftcard number and your email address. Since Google indexed those, typing the correct search string into the search bar revealed links to those pages. GC numbers and email addresses that were indexed by search engines were then seen and stolen. A hack would mean that someone broke in and gained access, but in reality, PPDG just failed to put up a barrier to a webpage that only displayed a GC number and email address. Only two things can really happen from this- the GC number used and the email address spammed.

Great layman's summary/translation - thanks!

What's everyone's strategy for today - with 10% eBay Bucks and GC to GC being allowed for the moment?

If I'm brave (or stupid), I buy BB from PPDG (using cash - I have no eBay cards left), flip them to eBay within an hour or so to prevent draining of the cards and come back and purchase Sears or Walgreens for another 10%.

What's everyone's strategy for today - with 10% eBay Bucks and GC to GC being allowed for the moment?

If I'm brave (or stupid), I buy BB from PPDG (using cash - I have no eBay cards left), flip them to eBay within an hour or so to prevent draining of the cards and come back and purchase Sears or Walgreens for another 10%.

I don't know if I'm going to jump back into this mess, but it's quite tempting.

Keep in mind that we're almost at the end of this eBucks earning quarter (ends 9/30). There are only 2 more weeks left in this month for eBay to run possibly 2 more eBucks Bonuses. This is a 10% bonus, their highest. There's no telling if eBay will run more eBucks Bonuses, and if they do whether they'll be 10% and you'll have your cards ready for them. Even though this temporary reprieve from the ban is supposed to run through 10/13 (or whatever), historically, there aren't eBucks Bonus offers in the first two weeks of a redemption month. There is also the $2k/60 days limit that I believe is still in place. ETA: So consider how the $2k/60 days limit factors into your exit strategy, unless you don't mind hitting your cap now and tying up your funds in eBay GCs for the next 60 days.

So it would seem the goal is to maximize your eBucks earning NOW during this 10% bonus (since it runs through Friday), within your $2k/60 days limit.

Last edited:
My strategy was to buy a $500 Lowes gift card from SVM, they had free shipping (Home Depot was another option but those had $3.95 shipping charges). I had $500 in Ebay gift cards to use up, am earning $50 in eBucks with the transaction, and will use the Lowes GC for items we will need- we have a business that needs things from Lowes and Home Depot often, and also plan to redo a bathroom in our house and add a deck, so the gift card will be useful to us.

I have what I need for my next trip, so now just looking for ways to save here and there so that I can have a vacation fund started for wherever we decide to go the following year.

Now I'll have to get thinking about what to use the eBucks for (I should have about $175 for October). Will they still let us buy gift cards with those?

I swore that I was done with eBay and PPDG but I just had to bite on the BB $150 GC with a $15 bonus GC. I bought two. The bonus eBucks was just too tempting and I was heading to Lowe's anyway today (it's in the same area as BB). It took six -yes. SIX- attempts to verify my PP account, using the very same computer and browser that I have always used for eBay purchases. The codes for the $150 GCs came within 10 minutes. Still waiting on the bonus codes.

ETA: I got my first bonus code and it has a very short window for use - it expires 10/12/16.

Last edited:
I swore that I was done with eBay and PPDG but I just had to bite on the BB $150 GC with a $15 bonus GC. I bought two. The bonus eBucks was just too tempting and I was heading to Lowe's anyway today (it's in the same area as BB). It took six -yes. SIX- attempts to verify my PP account, using the very same computer and browser that I have always used for eBay purchases. The codes for the $150 GCs came within 10 minutes. Still waiting on the bonus codes.

I did the same. Great deal!

10% eBay Bucks today through Friday 9/16/16, 11:59 PT.

ETA: $50 minimum purchase, and I don't see any exclusions for third-party GCs.
Yet another deal that I didn't get. Wondering if I should wait to use my ebay cards

I was up making ADRs and checked the Ebay GC to Gc, found it working. I almost went through with the order, but decided to wait just in case of Bonus Bucks, and I wanted to go back to bed LOL I am so glad I waited.

I took the risk clearing out my $194.30 left in Ebay cards. I used my gift cards and CC and purchased 2 $100 Best Buy gift cards from PPDG. Went through without any issues. So with Ebay bucks and the Best Buy Ebay deal I am getting $240 for my $200. I am done! Our cruise is in another month!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter